Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2017 at 7:45 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2019 at 10:57 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Feb 21, 2019 game patch

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:40 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 12:05 AM
Thank you, this is super useful! I was wondering if it was possible to also make a similar mod except for counters and preparing food instead of sinks and washing dishes. My sims always seem to go across the house from the kitchen to chop up ingredients. xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much!! This has been something that's irked me since day one -- I always ended up either taking sinks out of bathrooms or putting in "sculpture" sink-clones I made, but there are so many CC sinks I like and could never use.... anyway, can't thank you enough!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM
lol love the picture LOL and I have to try this and Thanks btw
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:02 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has been driving me crazy. Also, best name for a mod ever.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#31 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:12 AM
Thank you so much for this. This has to be one of the most needed fixes for the Sim games. I like many hated them running to the bathrooms to wash dishes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:27 AM
Thank you for this! And funny picture for it lol
Inventor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:41 AM
This is a great idea!! Thank you for the mod!!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Just for clarification - Only washing dishes at a sink is disabled by default - everything else will still work normally, Sims can wash their hands, brush teeth, get a drink of water, etc.

Yeah I know, it's just sometimes I make venues with a mini-kitchen in place to give it a little more appeal (at least when I'm in a creative mood instead of making a venue to serve a purpose once in awhile), resulting in them sometimes getting used in the same manner as a residential lot or I have my sim stay at a friends for a few days, so remembering which lots I have this enabled for (especially when save hopping) will be a nightmare XD Still it's a good mod since the issue isn't being addressed by the developers very well.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:45 AM
I like this solution to the problem! However, I think I would prefer a version where sinks were enabled for dish washing by default. I switch households a lot, and I don't think I'd want to have to remember about the mod every time so that the sims can wash dishes. Making use of it to disable a sink when I notice a problem would work better for me, I think.
Deceased
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
I like this solution to the problem! However, I think I would prefer a version where sinks were enabled for dish washing by default.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea - I'll likely get that done tomorrow as it would be a quite easy change. It will probably a separate download version rather than having to deal with a configuration file for just the one option.

The only issue would be that lots you've already visited will have the enabled/disabled state already set, so they'll remain as disabled (unless you changed them manually). But then this is primarily a change for lots you've not visited anyway.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:45 PM
You're a life saver.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:47 PM
I can tell the force is with you always. Thank you and enjoy your holidays.
Deceased
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM
A "Default Enabled" version of the mod is now available. This works identically other than when visiting a new lot or placing a new sink, it will now default to allow dish washing and you will need to turn it off if you don't want dishes washed at that sink.

Pick whichever you prefer, but remember if you switch versions you will need to remove the script from the old version! (The package files are identical).

*Note* - This won't change the settings for sinks the mod has already seen in the game, only for new lots/sinks.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:14 PM
A "Default Enabled" version of the mod is now available. This works identically other than when visiting a new lot or placing a new sink, it will now default to allow dish washing and you will need to turn it off if you don't want dishes washed at that sink.

Pick whichever you prefer, but remember if you switch versions you will need to remove the script from the old version! (The package files are identical).

*Note* - This won't change the settings for sinks the mod has already seen in the game, only for new lots/sinks.

Sweet, this'll definitely help those who bounce around a lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:26 PM
I would love to use this mod, however I have a mod I created for personal use that modifies the xmls in question. Would you mind if I attempted to combine the mods? (Still for personal use not to be uploaded)
Deceased
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MonoChaos
I would love to use this mod, however I have a mod I created for personal use that modifies the xmls in question. Would you mind if I attempted to combine the mods? (Still for personal use not to be uploaded)

I don't see how I could stop you, but no it is not a problem at all anyway! I don't mind people altering my mods for personal use, or adding portions of them to their own mods as long as they credit me.

The only change to those interactions is an additional test at the end to check for the custom object state, so it should be a breeze to just add that same test to your own custom interactions. The hard stuff was in the script, and you won't need to alter that at all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
You're the best!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:57 AM
I would love to translate to my language, brazilian portuguese, but unfortunately I do don't which of the translation files represents the Brazilian version
Deceased
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenidy
I would love to translate to my language, brazilian portuguese, but unfortunately I do don't which of the translation files represents the Brazilian version

That'd be great, thanks! That would be the one with instance ID 11C6E080CA1622EC (the first two digits represent the language code, so Brazilian Portuguese is always the one that starts with "11").
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM
I love this mod ! i thought EA fixed the washing dishes in bathrooms in the recent patch but I guess not. Thank you so much, no more deleting sinks out of annoyance. It is working great in my game.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:19 PM
I don't see how I could stop you, but no it is not a problem at all anyway! I don't mind people altering my mods for personal use, or adding portions of them to their own mods as long as they credit me.

The only change to those interactions is an additional test at the end to check for the custom object state, so it should be a breeze to just add that same test to your own custom interactions. The hard stuff was in the script, and you won't need to alter that at all.

Thanks. I know how much work and hair pulling goes into writing code in general so I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you to modify this even if it is for personal use.

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:11 AM
omFg Thank YOU for this !!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:19 AM
Does anyone knows if it still works with the new patch: 136.104.1
Deceased
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grieralexander
Does anyone knows if it still works with the new patch: 136.104.1

Yes, I can confirm the mod is working fine with the latest patch.
Page 2 of 13