Replies: 10456 (Who?), Viewed: 473766 times.
Page 419 of 419
dodgy builder
#10451 Old Yesterday at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

Clearly the person that wrote this article has never actually played TS4 or any other sims game for that matter because if they did, they would know that Lifestyles and Sentiments are completely useless.

Occasionally subvert...such a interesting choice of words.  It sums up TS4 rather nicely.

Definition of subvert

transitive verb
1 : to overturn or overthrow from the foundation : ruin
2 : to pervert or corrupt by an undermining of morals, allegiance, or faith

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subvert

Delivering a game that is supposed to represent the sims franchise along with a game that actually works are also expectations, but those are too hard and expensive. One should just toss those goals into the folder labeled 'subvert'.

I thought it was only non-english speakers who would Butcher their own language. Clearly english speakers do too. I'm glad it's evenly distributed.
Forum Resident
#10452 Old Yesterday at 5:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations

YEAH EA, GENIUS PLAN.

Subvert expectations! That plan sure worked wonders for the last idiots that tried it.

Like srsly now do they live in a friggin' bubble...? Even the word choice on their marketing gimmicks is horrendous now.
Mad Poster
#10453 Old Yesterday at 6:50 PM
I got hung up on Graham's use of the word occasionally.  Just a couple of examples....

Players: Can you fix whims? They are severely lacking.
EA: Pfft. Whims?  Who needs those. Have a disable toggle instead.

Players: We need better babies.
EA:  Here's a Star Wars pack.

Players: Can you fix NPCs? We're tired of them stealing stuff.
EA: Here's a NPC that will not only break in your sims house, but he will also burn it down. 

Oddly enough, the description of the Yamachan statue in game is missing a few key words. Fire, death and destruction.

I'd say this whole subverting thing is working according to plan.

Screenshot snagged from here https://youtu.be/Kk1cLuOtFt8?t=189
Screenshots

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Mad Poster
#10454 Old Yesterday at 7:20 PM
Can we take a moment to credit that they're at least trying to release a fursona a pack here and there? Wish the same attention could be given to life states, but hey - somewhere the game needs a praise in somewhere. Weeabo mascot the arsonist gives me the same energy as social bunny appearing to make fights with your Sim. You don't powers to somewhat the game bearable and amusing to watch at times while its crippling in lag&shallowness.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#10455 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
YEAH EA, GENIUS PLAN.

Subvert expectations! That plan sure worked wonders for the last idiots that tried it.

Like srsly now do they live in a friggin' bubble...? Even the word choice on their marketing gimmicks is horrendous now.

I feel like I'm watching Big Brother. "Expect the Unexpected!" (Sadly, just as ridiculous a slogan for BB22 as it would have been for Sims 4. We had *one* blindside all season, and had to wait all season for it. A very, very boring season, at that.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10456 Old Yesterday at 9:40 PM Last edited by matrix54 : Today at 3:07 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can we take a moment to credit that they're at least trying to release a fursona a pack here and there? Wish the same attention could be given to life states, but hey - somewhere the game needs a praise in somewhere. Weeabo mascot the arsonist gives me the same energy as social bunny appearing to make fights with your Sim. You don't powers to somewhat the game bearable and amusing to watch at times while its crippling in lag & shallowness.

I remember when we got an occult in every expansion pack, from Makin' Magic until Get To Work.

Also, as a side note, it's frustrating to me that I can't get Sims to do what they're supposed to do on lots without the Club system.

For example: I need a club of several types of townies to occupy each lot type. Like, if I want a restaurant with a nightclub, the restaurant patrons likely won't club, so I need to create a set of Sims to do that - but they also won't dine out. This applies to anything with a restaurant, honestly, or any lot type that doesn't exist (like a bowling alley), or mixed lot types.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#10457 Old Today at 4:05 AM
I considered getting Snowy Escape yesterday at half off. I decided I do not want it. So this now makes a pass on that, Eco, Batuu, knitting, laundry, and who knows what else I cannot think of. Realm was last thing I actually played a bit. Bought Univ and have not even sent a Sim there.

I got all for Sims, all for 2 other than 2 packs, HM and Ikea, all for 3 other than K Perry.

I find this to be just plain sad. This game now is just IMO as Clint says too "meh".
Page 419 of 419