Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 9:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Reputation Reward Text Bug
Does anyone know if they already have a correction for the error in the reputation reward text?

When I receive the friendship reputation reward, in which Townie offers a friendship to my sim, instead of appearing my sim's name in the text, a bug appears, like $[Name]...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 10:38 PM
I think the game doesn't use a correct Sim and might "offer" an NPC. Do you have this mod? http://www.cyjon.net/node/239 It might help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
I think the game doesn't use a correct Sim and might "offer" an NPC. Do you have this mod? http://www.cyjon.net/node/239 It might help.

I saw about this mod, but that's not the problem, the game offered a townie, the problem is that in the text, instead of using the name of my sim, a message "$[Nameparameter]" appears.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 4:12 PM
Do you use mods? I think it could be a conflict of some sort, as I've never seen this in my game personally. I've been wrong before, though.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:56 PM
Do you use "Bring Friend home from Work" mod by Monique & "Bring Friend home from School" mod by Squinge? This issue happened to me when I had those mods in my game, taking them out stopped it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you use mods? I think it could be a conflict of some sort, as I've never seen this in my game personally. I've been wrong before, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Do you use "Bring Friend home from Work" mod by Monique & "Bring Friend home from School" mod by Squinge? This issue happened to me when I had those mods in my game, taking them out stopped it.

I don't use mods. Is it because I use the game in the normal version, other than the Ultimate Collection?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iRoDiieK
I don't use mods. Is it because I use the game in the normal version, other than the Ultimate Collection?

Well, considering I use the discs as opposed to the UC and have never encountered this issue, I highly doubt that's the cause.

Does this happen in only one neighbourhood, or does it happen in multiple? If you're unsure, try making a test hood and recreate the bug. I know that it's easier said than done, but this way, we can rule out hood problems.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 8:22 PM
Is your game fully patched? I remember a lot of bugs like this that were ironed out eventually.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Well, considering I use the discs as opposed to the UC and have never encountered this issue, I highly doubt that's the cause.

Does this happen in only one neighbourhood, or does it happen in multiple? If you're unsure, try making a test hood and recreate the bug. I know that it's easier said than done, but this way, we can rule out hood problems.

I uninstalled, I will install the Ultimate Collection and see if it will have the error.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is your game fully patched? I remember a lot of bugs like this that were ironed out eventually.

Yes, I had the last update of apartment life.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:04 PM
This used to happen to me, when I was using the disc version before I installed the UC. I had it on a backburner to figure out what the issue was, but I never got around to it and then when I installed the UC it stopped happening.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:19 PM
If it's due to patches, CD ones almost always crash, especially on Windows 10. If you run each patch again, it should tell you that your packs are already up to date; if they update every time you run them, then they didn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
This used to happen to me, when I was using the disc version before I installed the UC. I had it on a backburner to figure out what the issue was, but I never got around to it and then when I installed the UC it stopped happening.

Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If it's due to patches, CD ones almost always crash, especially on Windows 10. If you run each patch again, it should tell you that your packs are already up to date; if they update every time you run them, then they didn't work.

I also think it is due to the version, the CD version is old and full of problems, especially with Windows 10, which is my system, but I have already installed UC and I will check if the error continues.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 12:33 AM
Although I believe that UC is the same as patched CD versions (since all packs were just taken from Origin's original downloads), UC is the best option since it has everything and there's less chance that something gets messed up. Hopefully it works.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:13 AM
There are some notes on Cyjon's mod page that the UC is actually not identical to installing all of the discs and patching them, and that therefore there might be compatibility issues when using the mods with the UC. So I rather suspect that the UC contains additional fixes not included in the disc patches.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:23 AM
Getting off topic, but you link it please? I'm curious now as to what is different, since I've never noticed any differences myself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 2:09 AM
Getting off topic too, was the Happy Holiday issue at UC fixed in Origin updates?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 2:11 AM
Getting off topic too, was the Happy Holiday issue at UC fixed in Origin updates?

The wrong skins.package? I don't think so, but there is a fix here, which you have probably found already.