Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 5:31 PM Last edited by joriklammerts : 24th Aug 2022 at 5:57 PM. Reason: relevant update
Default How to make an interaction negative/positive?
Hi! I'd like to apologize in advance for any English mistakes, since it's a bit difficult for me to translate it using the right words.

I've been messing around a bit with SimPE and using whatever resources I can find on the topic. Now I've been wondering how
the relationship points work. Let's say a sim insults another sim, then they both get a decrease in relationship. How would I go
about making this interaction a positive one (where both sims get a relationship boost)? I don't need a whole tutorial as I can imagine
that'd be a lot, but pointing in the general direction would be great because after hours of looking through SimPE I just cannot
seem to figure it out. I'd imagine there's a bit somewhere that'd tell the game 'minus/plus X amount of relationship points', so that's
kinda what I'm looking for I suppose. Thanks!

Edit: I think I've figured out which one it is (0x0264? correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm still stuck on how to change it.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 10:40 PM
Hi. You found the global function that changes relationships, now you need to find where it's called from the specific interaction you want to edit. Social interactions are usually handled by controller objects. These objects have BHAVs that, among other things, control relationship change.

For example, I pulled the Influence Social resources and found the BHAV that deals with relationships:

It does call the [global 0x0264] Soc&Rel: Adjust Soc & Rel to Other Sim, but before that it sets values to send to it as parameters. They're based on interaction result (accept/reject) and which sim initiated the interaction.

In this case, it uses constants and makes your life much easier. You don't have to edit the BHAV, you can edit BCON resources (tables that contain constants). Let's say this one: Const 0x1004:0x04. It refers to BCON #1004: Tuning - Reject Soc. & Rel. It has values for rejected interaction. Another BCON #1000 contains values for accepted interaction. It doesn't have to be two BCONs, but in this case, they made it like this. If you're lucky it'll even have labels like this one.

This is where you change the numbers. Positive values add relationship points, negative subtract. You can have different values for initiator and recipient, short- and long-term scores. Person A - initiator (usually). STR/LTR - short/long term.
Screenshots