Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 1:48 AM
Default Modding ACR to Work With an Aging Mod
Hello! I know this question is asked all of the time, but I've noticed that no one seems to have the same answer. I've been attempting to mod ACR with...kind-of good results? I've made a custom aging mod, and the ages work out like this:

baby = 2 days
toddler = 4 days
child = 7 days
teen = 5 days
adult = 42 days
elder = 10-30 days

Recently, I reached out to another simmer who managed to get it to work, and...it kind-of works? By which I mean it appears to work for adult sims, but not teens. According to ACR's "show my token info" option, teens' TFB % stays at 55% until they age up to adults, even though I've edited the BCON. Once they age up, the fertility edits begin to work, although they're several days behind what they should be, I'm assuming that's because ACR probably begins using the fertility curve once sims age up to adult rather than teen.

Also, another strange thing: ACR's "Show my token info" option is a few days off as well. I've double-checked my aging mod, and the ages should be correct. The fertility % also doesn't change unless I choose misc>reset (resetting ACR completely) for some reason. I'm not sure why any of that is happening, but I figured I'd mention it.

Anyways, onto my main question: anyone know of a way to make the fertility curve begin when sims age up to teens instead of adults?

For reference, I've followed this method (from another simmer who I follow on tumblr):
1) Follow hat's (https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...00692#msg700692) thread but stop after it says
"Commit, double-check which line your very last entry is on, and go to the BHAV."

2) Do simbology (https://web.archive.org/web/2013041...g24872#msg24872) #1-6

3) Take the two numbers (or a number and a letter)
after the x of the last line of your bcon and plug that in the third box on the top row of the operands box of line 0x5.
Example: in mine the last line is 0x53 (83) so i put 53.

Thank you! My apologies if I wasn't super clear.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 7:16 AM
Since I fiddled with this recently myself, I'll take a stab at answering, but I'm by no means an expert so keep that in mind. Also these links may help you!

To make fertility start at teen stage, I think you'll have to put that into your teen pregnancy mod. InTeen has it start at what is roughly 18 years old, which is some days before adulthood. Hat details it here a little ways down the page. So there's likely a BCON in InTeen that you'll need to edit to account for your aging mod.

As for the days being slightly off, make sure that you're putting in the days as 1 day longer than you want the stage to last. Er, I may have said that wrong... Basically if you tell it 6 days, they'll be teens for 7 days. Also, aging mods don't take effect until midnight or whatever of that day unless you reset them somehow. So that right there would account for 2 days. Hope that helps!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2021 at 9:44 AM
I've done this although I didn't start the curve so early, so I can't answer that part I'm afraid. I didn't have enough days so I decided to abandon the teen curve. I just have fertility begin to reduce at age 35 instead and everything under 35 is the same.

It's normal that the age is a few days out. I think maybe it doesn't count the baby stage. And it takes a while in-game for their fertility to reset if you change their age using mods, but it will adjust after a few in-game hours. Make sure you have tokens set to dynamic, not static - if they are static, they won't update at all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 4:17 AM
Hello again! I'm sorry it's been a while, things got pretty busy. I tried again with a fresh copy of ACR V2, but now the percentage doesn't change at all. No matter what, it stays at the same percentage. I've reset ACR, aged sims up and down, waited a few hours (up to a whole day) in-game, but it doesn't seem to change at all. I took all of my mods out, etc., but nothing seems to work. I don't think I did anything different from the last time I tried this, so I'm a bit lost. Could someone possibly take a look at the file for me?
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 9:35 AM
Its style is way to control through dynamic and static
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 11:29 AM
if you did not mess up with the BHAV editing (it's kind of tricky if you are not used to work with it) everything should be fine after:

- clearing the cache
- resetting ACR (option from ACR controller) not really needed, but why not, besides that way you are sure that setting is rolled back to "dynamic"

ACR updates the token at 0830 and 2030 (8:30 pm) respectively, just speed forward or use settime cheat (or any mod like Sim Manipulator with such functionality).

If everything is still static: check if your edit of the Pregnancy Odds BHAV is correct.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#7 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 5:32 AM
@kathcberg91, Are you still working on this? Never saw this thread before, so sorry I couldn't help sooner, but I've modded the ACR controller too, and did include the teen stage, since I use Inteen. I followed Almighty hat's instructions from Hat's dreamwidth.

In case you are still having problems, I once wrote step by step instructions (link is in my siggy, but here you go again: https://modthesims.info/showthread....92#post5605292), so review that if you're stuck. Maybe you'll see something that you missed or maybe seeing it written a different way will make something that didn't make sense click.

Otherwise, I will say that you shouldn't need to edit Inteen or whatever teen pregnancy mod you're using. And do include the baby stage in your numbers so that you get the correct starting age. Looking at your original post, it looks like you want your curve to start at 13 days (baby 2 days + toddler 4 days + child 7 days = 13). Now, you didn't say anything about YAs--make sure to include that number if you'll have YAs in your game, otherwise your sims' fertility curve would end short. So adding up your ages, from baby to adult, is 60. Add your YA length--if it's the default, that's 24-27, depending on if you use the extra 3 days after graduation. Let's just say 24, so that means that sims will be 84 days old when they transition to elder, so your fertility curve should stop at 79 (sims become infertile five days before turning into an elder). So, long story short, does your file cover 13-79, or whatever your range is, including YAs? If you didn't update your range correctly, that could be why you didn't see any changes in teens.

Next, if nothing seems like it's working, do make sure you don't have an old copy of the controller somewhere in your folder. Maybe use a file finder to double check. Running the gender preference randomizer again should reset/update sims' stats. But yeah, like ElaineNualla suggested, do double check the Pregnancy Odds BHAV to make sure you edited it. Let us know if you finally get it working--good luck!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@kathcberg91, Are you still working on this? Never saw this thread before, so sorry I couldn't help sooner, but I've modded the ACR controller too, and did include the teen stage, since I use Inteen. I followed Almighty hat's instructions from Hat's dreamwidth.

In case you are still having problems, I once wrote step by step instructions (link is in my siggy, but here you go again: https://modthesims.info/showthread....92#post5605292), so review that if you're stuck. Maybe you'll see something that you missed or maybe seeing it written a different way will make something that didn't make sense click.

Otherwise, I will say that you shouldn't need to edit Inteen or whatever teen pregnancy mod you're using. And do include the baby stage in your numbers so that you get the correct starting age. Looking at your original post, it looks like you want your curve to start at 13 days (baby 2 days + toddler 4 days + child 7 days = 13). Now, you didn't say anything about YAs--make sure to include that number if you'll have YAs in your game, otherwise your sims' fertility curve would end short. So adding up your ages, from baby to adult, is 60. Add your YA length--if it's the default, that's 24-27, depending on if you use the extra 3 days after graduation. Let's just say 24, so that means that sims will be 84 days old when they transition to elder, so your fertility curve should stop at 79 (sims become infertile five days before turning into an elder). So, long story short, does your file cover 13-79, or whatever your range is, including YAs? If you didn't update your range correctly, that could be why you didn't see any changes in teens.

Next, if nothing seems like it's working, do make sure you don't have an old copy of the controller somewhere in your folder. Maybe use a file finder to double check. Running the gender preference randomizer again should reset/update sims' stats. But yeah, like ElaineNualla suggested, do double check the Pregnancy Odds BHAV to make sure you edited it. Let us know if you finally get it working--good luck!

Thank you!

I wasn't sure if YAs age or not, so I hopped into a test hood and put a sim through college, and editing the young adult stage doesn't seem to be necessary since university isn't really measured in actual days (or, at least, it doesn't impact the way that ACR measures how old a sim is), although I could be wrong; I didn't test this extensively. My issue with the numbers not changing was probably because ACR hadn't updated the percentage yet (or I just hit a wrong button somewhere, it's honestly been so long that I've completely lost the original file ).

I also double-checked the teen fertility thing, and apparently ACR only relies on how old a sim is rather than life stage when figuring out fertility (i.e. the fertility curve can apply for teen sims with no extra work other than just making sure you got the numbers right), so I ended up changing mine entirely to another aging mod and then beginning the curve at age 18 (18 days, roughly four days before sims age up into adults).

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread, but I ended up talking with a few other simmers and creating a tutorial as well as putting my edited aging mod up for download, all of which you can find here!

Thanks again for all of your help, and I hope you have a wonderful day!