Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Grand Trianon Collection - *UPD 20 MAR 2008*

by The "Dream Team" Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM - Updated 7th May 2009 at 9:01 AM by Numenor

1511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1487 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 59 of 61
Forum Resident
#1451 Old 3rd May 2009 at 7:07 PM
Hello I was wondering if these will work in MG stuff game? Thank you

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Test Subject
#1452 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:42 PM
Hi Really great products. I download the entire loft bed collection and i tried to use them and everything just comes out blue....i know it says, dont download without reading but, there was too much information.please any help ?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1453 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:52 AM
Anglesims, yes, the Grand Trianon set works with M&G too. As already noted, it is possible that some objects lack some special functions (we tried to keep everything base-game compatible, and therefore some EP functions may be disabled).

Starchildd, the only known reason for the flashing blue objects is that you need the Floor Mirror in order to use the entire set. If you downloaded the "Complete Collection", then you should already have it; but if you just downloaded the loft bed set, then you need the "GrandTrianon_FloorMirror_(MUST-HAVE).rar" located in the Download page.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#1454 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:53 AM
could you make a same version of the stove for the ChristianLuv All-In-One and Nanny 090429? i want a matching set thak you. btw u done a greatjob :D
Test Subject
#1455 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:48 PM
this is fantastic, i admire all the hard work you guys have put into this huge set
Test Subject
#1456 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
:[. i have seasons; and with the bunk beds [[top]] it is normal for a while and then it starts flashing; usually when i tell my sim to do something right after it got out of bed. i downloaded the mirror thingie; and i just dont see whats wrong. :[

i've been searching for bunk beds for FOREVER and these are the best by far that i've seen. plz tell me what i'm doing wrong.

tysm.
Test Subject
#1457 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:05 AM
this was a wonderful surprise. i downloaded numenor's pyramid inversee and the arched upper bunk bed came with it. i loved it at once and began searching for the bottom half. i never thought that a hunt for bunk beds would lead to a complete remodeling of my sim's homes. i love this set. good work everyone
Scholar
#1458 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 1:19 PM
Thanks for the bunk beds!
Test Subject
#1459 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:09 AM
This is amazing! Quite possibly my favorite cc in game! I love the bunk beds... there's soo many options for arranging them!
Test Subject
#1460 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:51 PM
Holy crud! I have some lofts in my game now and they are crap! Thank you so Much!!!
Test Subject
#1461 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:17 PM
I keep trying to download the floor mirror because the objects in my game appear flashing blue. but when I click the link a page comes off that says "No Cookies Found!" and tells me to allow cookies. even after i do that the same message pops up. Do you know of any way I can download the floor mirror without this happening?
Test Subject
#1462 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Maartjeehhh : 21st Feb 2010 at 9:35 AM.
Exact same problem here! Does anyone know where else I can find the Floor mirror?
I really love the bunkbeds (except for that fact that they are blue xD), thank you so much!

And is there a mesh I have to download, if yes, where can I get it?
Test Subject
#1463 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Melodia : 21st Mar 2010 at 6:25 PM.
I keep getting that same message as well whenever I click on the link. Apparently, the "floor mirror" is included in the complete collection, but hopefully one of the creators will be able to solve the mystery for you. I know I've experienced the same problem too, but it could have been for something else.

Now, a problem that I have. The collection has always worked in the past, and now all of a sudden, none of the custom content are showing up (yes, I do keep the files in "Collections" and not "Downloads". I redownloaded all the files the other day - perhaps I shouldn't have? - and I'm very sure that they were all there and working the first time I played the game. Since then, I reinstalled all expansion packs, deleted and downloaded new custom content.

I even moved the "Downloads" folder out of The Sims 2 in case something was causing the problem from there, but no, it still doesn't work. I removed CEP this morning believing that that might have caused my earlier problem, and I've been trying to download it again without success (very slow and unreliable Internet connection these days) in hopes that might solve the mystery.

Is CEP necessary for the files to show up again, or what should I do? I really love this creation and would hate to miss out on it after all these years.

-edit-

I downloaded GrandTrianon_CompleteCollection.rar just now (and placed it in "Downloads" folder instead) to test if that did the trick, but alas, no, it did not. Is the "Architecture Set" and "Kitchen" etc all included in the complete collection, or do I need to get them separately too?
Mesh Maestro
#1464 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 10:01 PM Last edited by JWoods : 23rd Mar 2010 at 8:26 AM. Reason: updated answer on cookies
Default Answers
Every now and then I try and get a visit out here to MTS though it is not as frequent as I would like I noticed the activity in this thread and thought I would try to brush the dust off my old brain! I have in three computers the entire set in downloads and only the collection files in "Collections". Is this where your stuff is?

Here is the link to the floor mirror: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=632422 Copy and Paste it into your browser and try it. I have clicked on the link on the first page, copied and pasted to my browser, and clicked this link posted and all three worked. I did some research here on the site and found a few users have had success logging out of the site then back in to correct the cookie problem. If your like me you have the "remember me box checked" so manually logging in and out may help.

ALL sets are included in the GrandTrianon_CompleteCollection.rar. The "Collections" download is a seperate download. The Floor Mirror is presented as a seperate download for those who do not install the complete set. The Floor Mirror is the repository object. This means all textures are stored in it. Blue means your package (object) is not pointing to the texture for the object. We did this to lower the package sizes to create less load on your game.

Edit: YES CEP is needed

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Test Subject
#1465 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 11:04 AM
JWoods: Wow, thanks so much for checking in on this thread to answer our queries! I was worried we'd've to wait much longer for a reply

I have tried putting the "Complete Collections" in both Collections and Downloads folder without result. I also downloaded the autoinstaller of the latest version of CEP, and even that didn't help. I have no other custom content installed or included in Downloads, so I don't see what the problem is. It worked fine the other day... *very clueless and confused*

-edit-

Hrm, just a thought - does it matter whether I install the Sims 2 first and then CEP, or the other way around?
Mesh Maestro
#1466 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:55 PM
I have always made it a point to install things sequentially, installing CEP last. Of course make sure your version of CEP is current. Now here is something you may want to try, go to the page with the individual packages and on the very bottom download the floor mirror : http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=632917
There is only one reason your GT peices will flash blue and that is lacking the floor mirror repository object. Remember the collection items MUST be put in the collections folder not downloads. I think directly downloading from that page will resolve your issues. Good luck!

Test Subject
#1467 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:19 PM
All right, so I downloaded the Floor Mirror, enabled custom content, restarted the game, changed so that the message doesn't appear in the beginning after loading, restarted again, and still no GT items in Buy Mode. I'm very sure I installed CEP afterwards. Does it matter if I install that first before placing GT collection in Collections? I'd really hate to uninstall and reinstall the game yet again to make this work, but if it comes to that, I guess I'll give it a try. Though I'm not getting my hopes up much anymore, sadly...
Mesh Maestro
#1468 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:47 PM
I think you need to check and make sure your downloads folder is in the right place... my docs/ea games/sims2

Test Subject
#1469 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 4:41 PM
It is in the right place. Once I have all expansion packs installed, I open Bodyshop in order to get Downloads in the main folder of the Sims 2 rather than creating it myself in case it'd mess up something. This is what I always do. Should I uninstall/reinstall anyway, you think? Sims first, then CEP and lastly GT collection, enable and all that jazz?
Mesh Maestro
#1470 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:32 PM
As a last resort, yes, obviously there is some sort of glitch out of the "norm" I can't personally see or put my finger on from here. Oo

Lab Assistant
#1471 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:27 PM
It is a great pity that you have made the essential Floor Mirror so hard to get. You would be getting a lot more downloads of a really great looking set. It is so frustrating to discover that it is a no go!
Mesh Maestro
#1472 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 3:15 PM
Hmmm
Quote: Originally posted by Allimae
It is a great pity that you have made the essential Floor Mirror so hard to get. You would be getting a lot more downloads of a really great looking set. It is so frustrating to discover that it is a no go!

If your having trouble downloading it and need help , I would be happy to try and assist you with "your" issue. The second I read your remark I went to the download portion of this thread, clicked on the floor mirror and downloaded it in an instant. Here are the facts which I will also post a screen shot proving them :

Found here in downloads: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3105663 as my screen shot shows...

31,054 people have obtained the floor mirror by downloading the Complete Collection.

30,159 people have obtained the floor mirror by downloading it seperataly.

1,828 people have downloaded the floor mirror from the "Mirror Bedroom" seperate package section.

This allows us to realize 63,041 people have obtained the floor mirror. These facts tell me it is not in fact hard to obtain at all

The image below allows us to see the additional 1,828 downloads of the floor mirror from the "Mirror Bedroom" seperate download section... The floor mirror is the very last item in the list.

Some resolve has been found by logging out of MTS and back in, try that and if it does not work I would be happy to assist you until you resolve the issue. The "pity" is not of myself or anyone else making the floor mirror "hard" to get. The pity is a small amount of people have not resolved the issues they have with downloading it that are confined to the very computers they sit before. My comment may seem harsh but that comes with another fact. I can tell you of my own encounters of many hours in many days of many months I spent creating these mesh's and texturing them. Another great amount of time writing the presentation and creating and posting the images. The time spent uploading packages, fine tuning them, adjusting thread notes and conversing with the other members of the team is uncountable. I know the time each member put into this project as well as the later couple who helped Numenor put ENORMOUS time into this project as well. Each member and helper put great efforts into this project to SHARE this set with everyone. I ask myself, why would anyone state, after all this work to share our finished work freely would anyone imply that we "make it hard to obtain"?
I know Numenor as myself no longer makes things for the Sims2, in a recent letter I am in fact aware he isn't modding at all. I have moved on to the Sims3. The very reason my work is not here on MTS is due to the absolute quality I expect to deliver to you all has not been met in my opinion. In saying this I as well as Numenor periodically check in at MTS and this thread to maintain it and give the same quality of help as we do our projects.
JWoods

Test Subject
#1473 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 2:53 PM
I downloaded the beds and they're glowing blue... how do I get the textures to show? Otherwise amazing!!
Test Subject
#1474 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:50 PM
Keekeeko: Might want to read the posts above yours. If you only downloaded the bedroom set, you need to download the floor mirror as well. JWoods' post shows exactly where to download it from. Good luck!

Oh and as a note: I am crossing my fingers and hoping to see a re-emergence of Grand Trianon in Sims3. >.>

"Did they look like psychos? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are!" -Seth Gecko, 'Dusk Til Dawn'
Test Subject
#1475 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 8:39 PM
I really love the bunkbeds, but suddenly one of the beds are flashing blue. I HAVE the floor mirror, and it have all worked fine untill now.
Help, anyone?
Page 59 of 61