Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1

by GunMod Posted 5th Nov 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:18 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

715 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 708 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 29
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:19 AM
Great works actually u r my new hero :D
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:20 AM
oh . .... this has got to be the best thing that has ever been made for The Sims 2 ... i Love this SO Much! i cant say thanks enough for sharing this wonderfull mod for Free! i cant imagin the time you spent to perfect this. This works fantastic in my game!thanks so so much. Mucn <3

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:25 AM
but I never get the lightings varied with time passing in neighbourhood !! it's always in bright light like in the middle of a day. Plezzz some one help me!!

Choose life.Choose a job.Choose a career.Choose a family, Choose a f**king big tele, Choose washing machines, cars, cd players.Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.Choose your future. Choose life
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:27 AM
Set your lighting to "high" in the game.

I wanted to add that this works like a charm. I tried the first one yesterday and the lighting was just wonderful. I've been playing with this version since I downloaded it a few hours ago and I'm loving it.

Thank you.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:30 AM
do you have any other mods installed? if u do try this ... take them all out of your game, put Gunmods back in, and start The Sims 2. Then put back the other mods one at a time and see which one was causing that error. Sorry but thats the only advice i can think of ... Or maybe try re-installing his mod. =)

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#31 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:43 AM
Sorry to be a nuisance, but is it possible to have a version for people who don't like things auto-installing? I like to put things in place myself because I find it helps with my understanding of how other things might be affected by the files.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:50 AM
Thanks guys! I'll try your solutions right a way after my exams!! Haha, but better go back & struggle w/ my evil books now!

Choose life.Choose a job.Choose a career.Choose a family, Choose a f**king big tele, Choose washing machines, cars, cd players.Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.Choose your future. Choose life
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Sorry to be a nuisance, but is it possible to have a version for people who don't like things auto-installing? I like to put things in place myself because I find it helps with my understanding of how other things might be affected by the files.

ye but theres a uninstaller that you can download and that will take the mod out of the game, theres nothing wrong with it tho ive just checked it out and its fantastic. Oh and by the way GUNMOD this is FAntastc
#34 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:02 AM
I am not saying I doubt the safety, I just like to know exactly what has been added or changed in those directories that I may be wanting to change manually at a later date (eg to add more hacks).

It's different when it's a product I know I won't be modding for - I just let the software install what it wants. But with something like The Sims where different people are coming up with new mods all the time which I may wish to install, I feel it is important that I know exactly what files and folders each one has added or changed.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#35 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:04 AM
kilner89
i just installed it on top. worked fine

evil_prodigy
i have a radeon 7000 in a laptop. hardly high spec and many wonder how i run TS2 at all, never mind all the expansions but i do and this mod works beautifully. i have had no graphic glitches at all. it looks as good as the screenshots i can definitely say that

and GunMod :D
this was well worth the wait and i really, deeply thankyou for all you hard work and the effort put into it
i was about to go to sleep at 4am but saw the update and just had to try it. the lot went into was set at midnight and the occupants asleep. the moonlight effect is absolutely stunning
all the lighting looks great. although brighter than your original version, it is still not a million watt effect like the maxis version
i still have other lots to try and therefore other effects to see, but this is sweet indeed :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kilner89
do i need to remove the first version? or do i leave that installed? i want to make sure just incase

You can just install it over the previous. Replaces the same stuff.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
kilner89
i just installed it on top. worked fine

ye thanks i just have done, And tried it out its awesome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:25 AM
Hey Folks

I'll be finishing the Nightlife and University addons today so that Downtown lots and University Campuses get the same light treatment.
It will be added to this download and of course be call Nightlife_Addon and University_Addon.
These will in addition to the regular mod.

So to clarify:
If you have The Sims 2 and no expansions, you dont need anything but this mod and Dizzy2's Smart Lights 2

If you have The Sims 2 and University Only, you will need to download this mod, dizzys Smart lights 2 and The University Addon.

If you have The Sims 2 and Nightlife Only, you will need to download this mod, dizzys Smart lights 2 and The Nightlife Addon.

If you have The Sims 2 and University and Nightlife, you will need to download this mod, dizzys Smart lights 2, The University Addon, and the Nightlife Addon.

Just look for the main post to be updated when I add them.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:26 AM
@ Inge Jones

Sure bud, let me finish up the NL and Uni add-ons for this and I'll throw up a manual
install as well.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

#40 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:41 AM
Thanks

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:04 AM
Finally! I loved 1.0, but this is even better!
ust one question. In 1.0, didn't the light go through the arches?

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
#42 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:17 AM
Default [mac User]
Please provide a non-exe file. It's really not fair, you are effectively excluding the mac simmers from using your mod for no good reason at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atotland
Please provide a non-exe file. It's really not fair, you are effectively excluding the mac simmers from using your mod for no good reason at all.

I understand, and I did say above I would do so.
Give me a little time please.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daan1302
Finally! I loved 1.0, but this is even better!
ust one question. In 1.0, didn't the light go through the arches?

Yes it did, this will too when I update it today to 2.1 after I finish the
Uni and NL add-ons.
Was just one decimal point in the wrong place, lol

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:38 AM
Yay! Thanks! (I wonder why a moderator hasnt put this in featured downloads!)

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
Instructor
#46 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 2:59 PM
Is there away that you can make a mod so there would be bright window light in sunken livingrooms and the like?

YOUR MODS!!!!

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:09 PM
VAMPY BITES V^^^^V: That is a game limitation, Gunmod cannot change that with his lighting mod.
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:07 PM
Hi,
I have a question about the dusk time and the changes in color in game.It actually turns a brown/pink color .Is that normal? It actually looks very cool
danny
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:13 PM
yes, that is normal.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:50 PM
Must I use the smartlights2 hack with this? Every time I have tried to use the smartlights2 hack, my lots won't load at all. I know dizzy's first smartlights had a problem with corrupting pool lights, but I have since redone my neighborhood. All loads fine with just your radiance lighting2 mod, it seems the smartlights2 is causing the problem. What difference does smartlights make to the game with your mod? Thanks
P.S. I will post in the smartlights2 thread at VS, I think it may be a conflict with another hack. Anyone else having problems?

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Page 2 of 29