Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogwarts Castle - based on the books by J.K. Rowling

by Andreea29 Posted 15th Jun 2006 at 8:03 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2008 at 5:03 AM by Andreea29 : Update - Hogwarts Castle - furnished up to first floor!

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:12 AM
bloody ****

thanks mate now i can put the beatles there and they can be the school band
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th May 2007 at 3:31 PM
I truly am glad you all like it! Thanks a lot for the feedback!

If you ever want to see something amazing check my Hogwarts Castle and more photos from my creations HERE
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th May 2007 at 10:35 AM
WOW I really love it! I love it so much! It's fantastic! BUT I have a question. How did you make such a big castle without running out of walls? I've been trying to make Hogwarts for ages, but I keep running out of walls And also, where abouts did you download the floating candles? I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH! Keep up the great work!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:45 PM
You can use "Numenor's walls" - the unleveled one is (and works) almost exactly like the normal Maxis one. It worked fine in my castle. Don't forget to thank him

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59793

If you ever want to see something amazing check my Hogwarts Castle and more photos from my creations HERE
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:18 AM
Wow Ur Awesome :-d
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 1:03 PM
Thank you!

Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 10:29 PM
AMAZING!! Unfortuatly, I have no expansion packs, but AMAZING neverthe less!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:05 AM
Wow! It's great! But where do I have to put it, in which folder? In downloads?
I never downloaded things like this before, only objects, so I don't know where to put it!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:44 PM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 3rd Jul 2007 at 6:01 AM.
Ohh, those photos are absolutely gorgeous. =o I'm contemplating getting University just so I can get this. One question though: Does this play like the regular colleges do? Like, do the students go to classes or whatnot?
Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but I have no idea what University is like. xD;

Edit: Just on a whim, I decided to download this anyways. And it does work without University! =D *scuttles off to start decorating*

Edit 2: Woah. You never realize just how big some lots are until it takes fifteen minutes for your computer to load it. xD I lovelove what I've seen so far--all the little details like the food paintings on the way to the kitchen, and the fact that there actually is a kitchen! But it's odd, because I don't seem to have a courtyard at all. Just a little green square with nothing in it. D: And none of the upper floors have any walls. It's weird.

But nonetheless, thank yoou! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 3:36 PM
Hi everyone... thanks again for your wonderful comments.
Glitter93 - first you download the package, it should be on your desktop, then you extract the files and should appear a bodyshop icon which you open, and the files in the package will "put themselves" in the downloads folder. It's pretty easy.
Starfish of Terror - "You can use "Numenor's walls" - the unleveled one is (and works) almost exactly like the normal Maxis one. It worked fine in my castle. Don't forget to thank him

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59793 "

I guess the castle will work even if you don't have all the EP's mentioned above, but you NEED to have the EP's so some of the objects will appear in your game.
It won't play like an University lot, it's in the Residential area. I tried once to put some students in it but it worked VERY HARD, so it's up to you if you want to try it.

I wanted to give you guys a fully furnished castle, but after a while, every time i tried to put more than 10 objects in a room my game crashed. I guess it was because of the size of the castle, so that's why I decided to leave it like that and you can all furnish it as you like.

Enjoy it as it is, it's more like a museum for me, and every time I'm inside I feel like I'm in the real castle, and this castle means so much to me because I've spent so much time and love on it... I know it sounds crazy but yes, I love my castle, lool

Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:41 PM
Great Desighn but i can't download it i need Q express and it dosn't accsept it and my cpu just runs haywire! But all or less thanks for a great desighn
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 5:53 AM
This looks absolutely amazing. I saw you sent it to Rowling, I hope she approves. I'm definitely downloading to try this in my game.

I left my heart on page 637.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:29 AM
Agh.

The furnished file doesnt work. Now I have to furnish the basted myself.

Very cool!!!

Deontai, creator of Yellowbox || visit our tumblr page for more uploads!
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:50 PM
wow, awesome castle! but hey, just a few questions:

first, so i have to download numenors unleveled walls first to make the castle show up properly? cause i first didn't, so the upper floors simply have no walls. (and now

second thing, in my game, there seems to be nothing in the courtyard, no trees or anything whatsoever, wonder what i've done wrong?
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 8:38 PM Last edited by Lennon_Junkie : 28th Aug 2007 at 6:31 AM.
Walls aren't showing up for me either? Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind! I didn't download the wall properly. I fixed the problem and it's working now.
Test Subject
#41 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 8:32 AM
This is amazing! You must be the most patient person in the world. It's so intricate! I don't think I want to burden my game with such a massive file, but I loved looking at all the photos you posted. It's really beautiful. You totally captured the castle in my head. While the movie version of the castle is also beautiful, it's really not much like the Hogwarts I had imagined. Your version is awesome though. Thanks for sharing all your hard work with us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:28 PM
Thank you very much! Your comments mean a lot to me!

Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 3:21 PM
I just downloaded it and WOW! It is wonderful! You are truly amazing. It looks so lifelike and just...wow. Will you make anymore videos of your furnished interior, cause I really liked those. And I was also wondering, what floor is moaning myrtles bathroom on, I can't seem to find it And in one of the photos on yahoo, for the big tower of staircases, there are alot of paintings on the walls, but it looks like a wallpaper, and I was wondering where you got it?
But other than that, it looks great! My Harry Potter sims can't wait to live in it
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 4:51 AM
Do we really need uni?
Scholar
#45 Old 21st May 2008 at 8:21 PM
This looks so real and it's amazingly big! I think you are very craetive person,
because building this castle must take a lot of time!(sorry about my english)
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:10 PM
Why can i don't use the cauldron potions?
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:22 AM
When I saw the courtyard I knew I had to have it. Great work, I'm really impressed.
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:50 PM
I am having A LOT of trouble getting the castle to work... I downloaded all the walls and i downloaded the unfurnished castle. After I extract the file,A small Body Shop Icon apears. I then deleted the origenal download(not the extracted contence). Then when I move the files from my temorary folder into the downloads folder(Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads) Then i double clicked the body shop icon. Some window apeared and it said install. I installed and it said it installed sucessfully. BUT! It is not in the game.... Any Tips?...... (Im sorry if this is confusing and if I misspelled words) THANK YOU!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:46 AM
epic unfortunately i don't have the expansion packs for this. But omg i wish someone wud do a neighbourhood with no roads so when you played harrypotter it would look like the hogwartz grounds like everything was connected.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:27 AM
Gee whiz! This is fantastic. Go you for following the books and Harry Potter lexicon If I eve get around to finishing it up, maybe I could show you.
Page 2 of 3