Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 3:22 AM
Default What to do before uploading first lot
Hi everyone,
I am planning to upload my first lot to MTS but I was wondering if it is a cardinal sin to upload a lot that has not been made in Anygame starter? As well, is there anything else that I should DEFINITELY do before I upload it? Thank you
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 31st Jul 2022 at 4:07 PM.
Hello and welcome.

The upload wizard made in such way you'll see all necessary info right into it. There will be a short description with pictures for each tab. So read it carefully and make fond of it.
Quote: Originally posted by greenlizard42
I was wondering if it is a cardinal sin to upload a lot that has not been made in Anygame starter?

No sin at all. You can share your lot from the game you play.

Definetely? You have to know that lot you want to share, should have no sims on it. It should not has any mods and hacks inside the package highlighted with red when you open it using S2PCI. If your package will have any suspiciuos files in it, then you'll have a pop up message and your lot won't attach.

Have a look through this article if you won't find an answer inside the wizard during the thread development:
https://guidelines.modthesims.info/...s/category/110/
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello and welcome.

The upload wizard made in such way you'll see all necessary info right into it. There will be a short description with pictures for each tab. So read it carefully and make fond of it.

No sin at all. You can share your lot from the game you play.

Definetely? You have to know that lot you want to share, should have no sims on it. It should not has any mods and hacks inside the package highlighted with red when you open it using S2PCI. If your package will have any suspiciuos files in it, then you'll have a pop up message and your lot won't attach.

Have a look through this article if you won't find an answer inside the wizard during the thread development:
https://guidelines.modthesims.info/...s/category/110/
Regards Vic ^_^

I'm pretty sure I once had a sim go on a date at the lot but I didn't save before I quit the game (they were still on the lot when I exited). When I went and checked the lot none of the chairs were moved in to show that a sim was on the lot before. Am I still able to upload it? Thank you for your kind reply
Theorist
#4 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greenlizard42
I'm pretty sure I once had a sim go on a date at the lot but I didn't save before I quit the game (they were still on the lot when I exited). When I went and checked the lot none of the chairs were moved in to show that a sim was on the lot before. Am I still able to upload it? Thank you for your kind reply

The reason is not only chairs. Once your sim visits the lot it has NPCs spawned and visitors come right after. All the lot state will come back to default after your sims leave, but those NPCs and visitors will leave remained files into this lot.

From my experience. I had a huge mess with my Thomasville Corner lot once I deciced to share it from populated neighborhood. Same as you I thought there is fine to test the lot and share. After my sims left it and I opened the file in SimPE, I found sim references. I cleaned it with Chris Chatch's Lot Compressor and then packed and shared.

I don't play too much so I don't go further than one generation. Players who played dynasties said sims references could cause issues. Weird thing that even Lot bin houses has sims references, so as legend says, even with no CC and using lot bin houses you can make neighborhood corruption.

So on other hand this is really up to you, if you want to clean those references or not. From my point, I don't really care about sims references. I don't check downloaded houses before use in my game. My neighborhoods looks fine without it. And I never experinced that thing some say like you enter the game and have everything flashing with purple.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 12:30 PM
Hi! I am new to the forum, so I hope it's ok to add my question here

I am planning to do my first upload of a house-lot, but I have a few questions:

1) My lot is a house with a sim living in it (and it's packaged that way). Is that a problem for upload? I mean, it's not just a lot and it's not just a sim. But the house is themed, and the sim is part of the theme (+ I can't move him out without losing all furniture...). I can't really find any information on this in the upload-guide and forum rules.

2) I have packaged my lot, but I am really afraid to accidentally share my personal information when I upload it. When I look at my file in PackagedLots and right click on it, I can show properties - and there is an option to 'remove all personal information' from the file. Does anybody do this, or is it known to destroy the content?

Please let me know if there is any problems with this post, or if I should start my own threat

Thanks in advance!
Theorist
#6 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 2:08 PM
1) this is a question to moderators. I never did that myself when I share my houses. And never had seen any before. So you are the first one. As a potential user, I presumably say that the occupied house is very less likely for me than empty. Not because it has some data, but mostly because I am too picky about sims appearance. Much more picky than to houses. I could have download your house, could have download your sim from separate threads and then play it safely with no extra steps to do. But only if I'll like your sim. If I won't like your sim, but would like to populate your house with another sim I like, I have to delete your character from the house, then a house will become empty. And I have to do extra steps/seach for special mods to revert it to furnished version. All this looks kinda harsh, you know.
I have no the right answer for your second question.
Regards Vic

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Nostalgia
Hi! I am new to the forum, so I hope it's ok to add my question here

I am planning to do my first upload of a house-lot, but I have a few questions:

1) My lot is a house with a sim living in it (and it's packaged that way). Is that a problem for upload? I mean, it's not just a lot and it's not just a sim. But the house is themed, and the sim is part of the theme (+ I can't move him out without losing all furniture...). I can't really find any information on this in the upload-guide and forum rules.

2) I have packaged my lot, but I am really afraid to accidentally share my personal information when I upload it. When I look at my file in PackagedLots and right click on it, I can show properties - and there is an option to 'remove all personal information' from the file. Does anybody do this, or is it known to destroy the content?

Please let me know if there is any problems with this post, or if I should start my own threat

Thanks in advance!

The Creator Guidelines have all the answers you need.
#1 - This is answered in the Lot Guidelines. Not sure how you missed a rubric titled Sims on Lots.
#2 - Lots do not contain any personal information unless you have entered it in the name/description of the lot.

Only upload lots which have never had sims on them, even if the sims were moved out before the lot was packaged for upload.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 2:47 PM
I see, thanks for the answer!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 6:46 AM
Hi everyone, thank you for everyone's helpful answers! I have deleted all the traces of sims that I find in SimPE but when I save the cleaned lot it says it as a package file and won't let me upload it in the upload wizard on this site. I have tried saving it as all files as well to no avail. Thanks