Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix for misplaced restocking signs in OFB? Probably NOT...

by Numenor Posted 17th Apr 2006 at 6:35 PM - Updated 3rd May 2006 at 7:26 PM by Numenor

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 6:49 PM
Thank you... Thank you... Thank you!!!

I agree, it is unfair for that patch to be in an expansion pack and not the Maxis site. I had no plans to buy Family Fun Stuff but I definately have that bug on at least one of my lots. Curiously all of the other ones seem fine.

I'll pull my hacks and try it out...
Inventor
#3 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:06 PM
I agree, this fixpackage should be on Maxis site. :nod:

Thanks Numenor, for extracting these files for us(without Family Fun pack)!:D

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#4 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:34 PM
you should use this fix [I]without any other hack related to the OFB shelves and restock signs[/B]: I'm referring in particular to my "More" and "Less" Hacks.
====================
Hmmm How will I do without that hack?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:53 PM
I had downloaded you More and Less Hack yesterday and downloaded the Less hack, even if I wanted the More I didn't want that annoying sign to go to the side of the block more since my employee who restocks kept going there and got up to silver restocking for staying there restocking and not leaving, getting paid for wasting time. You said it might not be a good idea to try this hack with the 'More or Less hack', but I will try it with the Less hack. I am backing up my game now. Hopefully it works fine.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:56 PM
Also, I never planned on buying the Family Fun Stuff pack, but if I do, would the More and Less hack work or not with it?
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 8:06 PM
Thanks, this is great, if it works! (will test) btw, do you think it's worth it to get the FFP, or is it a lot of the same stuff we have already??

Your hacks are great -thanks for all your hard work!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 9:35 PM
Kael: the More and Less hack do work with the FFS.

Charmr: The FFS contain some interesting objects, but I guess that - sooner or later - Maxis will do the same as they did with the Christmas pack, i.e. releasing for free some of the objects. You can find the pictures of the objects on the Exchange, so you can judge by yourself if it worths the price or not...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:03 PM
in your first post you opened italic and closed bold for the no additional mod part.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:52 PM
Thanks, typo fixed.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 3:47 AM
Thanks for finding this and allowing us to use it. I am so tired of the missing stocking signs and the signs in the corners of my lots, hard to keep up with the stockers!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:26 AM
Intriguing! I have some misplaced restocking signs on an existing lot. I'll d/l the fix and see how it functions. Thanks for your dedication, Numenor. We all appreciate it!

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 9:38 AM
Just to avoid misunderstandings, this Fix (if it works ) will NOT get rid of the already misplaced signs. It should only prevent the misplacing from occurring.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 1:42 PM
Whoops! Good to know

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll, uhh... actually I dunno how to delete the already-misplaced-restocky-thingies. o_o;; But I'll put some new stuff up to test the fix. :moose:

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#15 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:24 PM
Num, you really say that it is not compartible with your "custom items-on-shelves" hack?
So what we should choose from these two useful things?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:40 PM
I've used this on two lots that I was having problems with the out of stock signs transporting to the corner of the lot. I had NO problems with this mod installed. It seems to work great. I previously resized my user-created objects with the SimPE "Scan Folders" tool so all my custom objects work on Maxis shelves now too.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:56 PM
Ailias - No, the two hacks ARE compatible; I only asked to temporarily remove my previous hacks because we first need to know if this Fix actually... fixes the bug , and then we can test if it fixes the bug also with my previous hacks installed.

Raynuss - I really hope you will keep not getting misplaced signs! Let's cross fingers! Thanks

Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 7:12 PM
I'll be darned if I can find
a way to get rid of the out of stock signs that are already on the corners of lots. Move objects doesn't work. I've looked everywhere for a solution and I'm sure I just missed it. Will someone help me?

The only reason it's a big deal is the restocker is constantly running to the corner to try and restock and to be honest, it's driving me nuts. :insane:
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 3:03 AM
To get rid of the "out of stock" signs, bring up the cheat box(ctrl+shift+c) and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then shift+right click on the sign. A text box will appear offering different options. Merely click delete and the sign is gone. Repeat the process until all of the signs are gone.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jojuno
The only reason it's a big deal is the restocker is constantly running to the corner to try and restock and to be honest, it's driving me nuts. :insane:

You seem to have a lot constantly affected by the Restock bug... Please, delete all the misplaced signs as explained by CelticWolf, and then install this Fix (if you haven't alredy done it), and tell us if the bug is gone.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 4:16 PM
thank you!!!! :bow:
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 6:15 PM
Thank you Celticwolf and Numenor, it worked. All those horrible "out of stock" signs are finally gone and I'm happy again!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 6:34 PM
Thanks going to try this...the misplaced "out of stock" signs are a nightmare
Forum Resident
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 8:19 PM
i still have the bug in FFS (for the first time), and they start to misplace themselves when leaving live mode and coming back. I will look at these functions.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 10:53 AM
thanks in my and my woman's name (of course)

Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go to... everywhere
Page 1 of 3