Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unlocked Maxis Mesh : Fried Hair

by simsbaby Posted 22nd May 2006 at 4:14 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2006 at 8:31 PM by simsbaby

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:22 PM
Oh It's Spikes, I love It!!! Thanx Bunches For Unlocking This For Us.
Greatly Appreciated. :clap:

TickleYu (Teresa) :lovestruc
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:28 PM
cool I was lookin for something like that... thanx
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:58 PM
I've never seen that, so I'm rating it 5 stars (Not my policy but hey!) It looks like somebody I know's actula hair..
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:07 PM
LOL That is so funny! I love it it'll come in handy for my personal story !
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:14 PM
Thanks!

It's a bit weird though, these white things on the end of the hair.
But I think that's a maxis bug/error/mistake thingy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:16 PM
Thats right. I am seeing if that can be fixed though.
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cizzie
...It's a bit weird though, these white things on the end of the hair. But I think that's a maxis bug/error/mistake thingy

The white stuff is supposed to be ash, that's why it's "fried" hair. I think sims get it after a fire or an electrocution.

Great find Simbaby!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
The white stuff is supposed to be ash, that's why it's "fried" hair. I think sims get it after a fire or an electrocution.

Great find Simbaby!

I don't think it is ash because when I was looking at the textures it didn't show up.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:45 PM
By the way, this mesh "occurs" while getting burned, or it stays on the sim only if we re look it from a mirror?

I mean, is it functionning like fried hairs by electrocution?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:46 PM
This mesh doesn't show up in the game. You need to have this file for it to show up. You apply it with the mirror.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd May 2006 at 6:05 PM
Any way to change the texture to make it look like a normal hair even from the sides?
Especially around the ears and neck.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2006 at 6:09 PM
The male mesh has that problem. The female one works fine. The issue with retexturing is that you can't change the fringes right now.
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:05 PM
Yey!This is awesome,thank you sooooo much

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:58 PM
wow thanks!

<<<Cindy>>>
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:06 PM
cool and yes that is the fried hair from when a dumb sim fixes something electronic lol course its ment to be used with the burnt body skin which is why its coloured in such a way but still wicked might look cool with multi-coloured spikes hahaha
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:50 PM
I thought they got one that was longer and had dangly bits.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:01 PM
Hey simsbaby- Are you going to extract the hidden teen female mesh, the mohawk spike mesh? because I made regular textures for it. Your welcome to edit/use them for that.

Also, are you going to convert these for all ages? It would be more effective i would think.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:35 PM
I don't think I am going to extract the teen mesh. I don't like it.

I am not going to convert this one for all ages because it is already available for teens and up and I think it would look weird for children.
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:37 PM
Blah.. I like the teen mesh Some people would like it. I've already worked with it before so I think I'm going to sometime..eventually.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd May 2006 at 12:05 AM
Hmm. I quite love this mesh, but I must disagree about this appearing when your Sims are electrocuted or burned-- I have never seen this before at all. My Sims have had fire set upon them many a time (:D), and their hair is always the larger-spiked one. Fantastic job at finding all these new meshes, simsbaby!
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd May 2006 at 2:37 AM
if you look at the skin behind the ear in the screen shot you can see it has soot on it instead of the flesh colour.

i think you will find this is one of the maxis burnt hairs that they droped which is why it was hidden. or it might be for a diffrent hair set. kind of like if you got fried with long hair to if you got fried with shorter hair.

but its burnt sim skin hair mesh/texture. the texture needs to have the burnt soot removed from the hair line lol because its kind of weird with a sim with black spots around their hair line but no hair...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:13 AM
very nice finally able to see normal spiked hair althought its burnt still good though thanks for sharing

Live life to the fullest.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th May 2006 at 8:29 AM
Wow this excellent!Do you know if there's any more hidden hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:17 PM
There is some more, but I am working on another project and that will be coming out first.
Page 1 of 2