Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#24851 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 12:12 AM
Changing family ties with the sim blender shouldn't mess with memories at all. There will be some odd memories, but that's it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#24852 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:09 AM Last edited by Essa : 16th Sep 2020 at 7:43 AM.
@mimipossa
I second what Phantomknight said. It's safer to use Aaroneous's memory manipulator. It's a great tool to have in game.
I changed family ties lately but didn't mess with the memories yet.
Test Subject
#24853 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:23 AM
Thank you all for the advice, I will try the memory manipulator. I want to remove memories of having children (who are supposed to be his siblings) from the brother and add them to their rightful parents. I figured it was because of the wrong memories that the brother keeps rolling wants and fears revolving around his siblings (kinda cute but he needs to get his life in order too lol). Fingers crossed!
Mad Poster
#24854 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:05 AM
Siblings (and sims who aren't related at all) roll wants for each other all the time...
Mad Poster
#24855 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I mean, both Bottom and Puck are adopted, so there's no particular reason they actually need to be fairies. I actually play with a fairy life state in my game and didn't make Bottom a fairy for that reason.

I never noticed that. Always just presumed that they were Titania and Oberon's children.
Mad Poster
#24856 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 5:28 PM
Titania and Oberon aren't married, either-which is probably why the children are adopted. One of the few times EA caved to the majority rule and made the kids adopted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#24857 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Did you get the updated version of my Secondary Aspiration Attraction mod ? I updated it in June because before the update it could in some cases cause empty popups to appear.

I downloaded and installed that as of June 10th, the romancemod cooperative version, which says it was uploaded on June 9th, so I think that's probably not the cause. Though maybe I have it loading in the wrong order . . . I'll double check.

Thank you, I never would have thought to look at that as a potential cause.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#24858 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:28 PM
I mean, both Bottom and Puck are adopted, so there's no particular reason they actually need to be fairies. I actually play with a fairy life state in my game and didn't make Bottom a fairy for that reason.
But, as I recall, they do have pointy ears. Maybe they're the children of other fairies. That makes me wonder what happened to their birth parents. Maybe they died because some bad children said they didn't believe in fairies. (In Peter Pan Tinker Bell says that, every time a child says they don't believe in fairies, a fairy dies. I've never risked saying it myself! I don't want a fairy's life on my conscience. )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#24859 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 9:25 PM
@ People who have something like, an excel sheet or notebook on their sims, what do you do when one of your sims dies? Do you take them off the list completely? Move them to a seperate section? Leave them in the section they used to be in and just write "dead" on them? So far I only had to do this to Desdemona (we miss u), but I looked at some spoilers and some elders are to die off not so far from now and honestly colouring their cells black makes my aesthetic senses vomit
Mad Poster
#24860 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 9:50 PM
I have the Sims2DB and all I do is mark them 'dead' and then change their residence to the cemetery. That removes them from the 'alive' section.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#24861 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
@ People who have something like, an excel sheet or notebook on their sims, what do you do when one of your sims dies? Do you take them off the list completely? Move them to a seperate section? Leave them in the section they used to be in and just write "dead" on them? So far I only had to do this to Desdemona (we miss u), but I looked at some spoilers and some elders are to die off not so far from now and honestly colouring their cells black makes my aesthetic senses vomit

I use a spreadsheet organized in order of street address (my play order). When someone dies, I strike them out, note the cause of death, and move their row to the bottom of the spreadsheet. That way, I keep all my notes on them but they are no longer mixed in with the active Sims. And it also maintains an order in which they died, as the most recently deceased are at the bottom of the list.
Lab Assistant
#24862 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

I have a separate sheet for dead sims and I cut and paste the dead sims info from whatever neighborhood they're in to the dead sims sheet
Mad Poster
#24863 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 11:39 PM
In my spreadsheet I just change their age to "Deceased" when they die, I still want to keep them around for statistical purposes, or in case they get resurrected. I don't move anyone around, as this messes up some of the columns. Sims are in the spreadsheet in order of their character file numbers, which for born in game sims corresponds to birth order. I color the non-born in game ones a light blue color.
Field Researcher
#24864 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 11:52 PM
In my spreadsheet I just change their age to "Deceased" when they die, I still want to keep them around for statistical purposes, or in case they get resurrected. I don't move anyone around, as this messes up some of the columns. Sims are in the spreadsheet in order of their character file numbers, which for born in game sims corresponds to birth order. I color the non-born in game ones a light blue color.

I have their character number as a column in the spreadsheet. That way I still know which file they are when I shuffle them out of the way to the bottom. Though in previous spreadsheets I’ve just hidden the row.

I just wish the hair, eye and skintone identifiers weren’t so long. I like to keep track of them for those occasions when I go crazy and switch out my sets, so I can go and modify the orphaned genetics in SimPE, but it does take up a lot of column space.
Theorist
#24865 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
I have their character number as a column in the spreadsheet. That way I still know which file they are when I shuffle them out of the way to the bottom. Though in previous spreadsheets I’ve just hidden the row.

I just wish the hair, eye and skintone identifiers weren’t so long. I like to keep track of them for those occasions when I go crazy and switch out my sets, so I can go and modify the orphaned genetics in SimPE, but it does take up a lot of column space.

Just make a system that works for you in identifyin them for your spreadsheet. Here's what I did for mine. I dropped all the beginnin 0's for the hair and skin and just refer to them by their number. For eyes I used sorta the first number in the code. I have CC eyes and skins, but just so far just the basic maxis 4 hairs.

Edit: and before anyone says .. on those aren't the right colors.. I know .. they're identifiers for workin in Excel.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24866 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 12:31 AM
Oh, I just give the genetics regular human names. For my skins, I put all the skintone genetic codes into a text file in order from lightest to darkest and refer to each skin by the line number in that file. Using those line numbers also allows me to make a nice chart where I can evaluate the overall darkness of my hood.
Mad Poster
#24867 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 1:18 AM
When I look for clothes in game there are some bad pictures--they show some odd Maxis clothes; sometimes 6 or more in a group, but don't seem to be connected to any clothes. I've been really careful about getting meshes, but does this mean there must be missing meshes?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#24868 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
When I look for clothes in game there are some bad pictures--they show some odd Maxis clothes; sometimes 6 or more in a group, but don't seem to be connected to any clothes. I've been really careful about getting meshes, but does this mean there must be missing meshes?

Have you tried refreshing those thumbnails? CTRL+rightclick
Alchemist
#24869 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 2:25 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 17th Sep 2020 at 2:44 AM.
Grammapat, yes. Either you're missing a mesh, you're missing reference files, or the clothes are too high poly for you. Try loading the files in a clean game--perhaps just your clothes folder. If everything shows up, then you know it's too high poly. If it still doesn't show up, then you're probably missing the mesh. Or you have files that reference something that's missing. You can do a 50/50 to try and find the problem files, or you can give your clothes tooltips (with programs like Cat's Filename Tooltip) so that your clothes are labeled and you can figure out what the problem file is.

Even if you think you're careful about installing a mesh, it can still accidentally get deleted, especially if it was somewhere else in your Downloads folder--that used to happen to me a lot. I'd download recolors for a shirt or something, without the original mesh file. I thought it was okay since I had the original upload with the mesh elsewhere. Well, then of course one day I'd be cleaning out my CAS stuff, see something I didn't want anymore or that I never used, etc. I'd delete that stuff, only to open up my game later to find missing meshes. Or sometimes I have files that are texture referenced and I'd either fail to install the referenced files or I'd delete it. Like, I'd have a teen clothes set that referenced adult versions. I'd delete the adult ones, or certain colors of the adult files, not realizing that it would bork the teen files. That's happened often enough now that I prefer standalone files, even if they do take up more space. But anyway, check for that, too, and make sure your sets have all the required files.

But yeah, try to figure out what isn't showing up and going forward, make sure you make it clear what files go with which mesh. Lately the way I've been doing it is putting all recolors in the same folder as the mesh, even if it's from different creators. And I always put repositoried files together; I label the folder so that it's clear the set is repositoried and I make sure the main files are labeled as such, so that I know which ones are required.

(Btw, thanks to everyone who answered my questions about Bottom and antiredundancy. I don't use stealth templates, so that's probably why I still get the original amount of npcs.)

ETA: Sugoisama, when I get there, I'd probably do what Kestrellyn does and put in "deceased" in the age column. I work in excel and I love using filters and sorting. You can easily use those to push those sims to the bottom of the list. Plus I figured out how to do those drop down lists, where you can select choices from a predetermined list, and I'd like to use that feature more to fill out other columns in the chart. So if I keep dead sims on the same sheet, it's a bit easier to reference that sim elsewhere on the sheet. Like, for example I can make the parent/grandparent fields be selectable from the list of sims on the same sheet. If I moved dead sims to their own sheet, on the other hand, I'd have to have another table elsewhere that has all sims in it. Or I could also set up formulas so that once I pick a sim in the list, it could auto populate other fields. Like, once I selected the grandparent, excel could then fill in hair genetics or something. Probably. I haven't gotten to doing all of that yet, but I'd like to. So keeping all sims on the same sheet seems like a bit less work & repetition.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#24870 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I downloaded and installed that as of June 10th, the romancemod cooperative version, which says it was uploaded on June 9th, so I think that's probably not the cause. Though maybe I have it loading in the wrong order . . . I'll double check.

Thank you, I never would have thought to look at that as a potential cause.

@Sunbee Only the original standalone mod version had the bug. The Romancemod version never had the issue of potentially causing blank popups so that won't be your culprit.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
#24871 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 10:36 AM
An update: I changed the memories accordingly and now the brother rolls acceptable amount of sibling related wants. Though it might be just a coincidence, requires further testing!

Siblings (and sims who aren't related at all) roll wants for each other all the time...

Yes, but in this case I felt like the wants resembled those of a parent far too much. Besides, someone somewhere (on MTS) said that memories influence sims further down the line. Considering the brother had a memory of having his siblings being born to him as his children, I assumed that was why. So far I'm getting good results after removing those memories. Again, might just be coincidence, but how neat would it be...? :p
Mad Poster
#24872 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 12:47 AM
Phantomknight: thanks for all the info! I may actually be able to follow some of your advise. And Sunrader - I have tried refreshing thumbnails, so it probably is missing meshes.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#24873 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 5:14 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to reenable motives for Plantsims? I've been playing a family of them and I'm finding them a little dull without a fun motive.
Lab Assistant
#24874 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 10:57 PM
Is it normal for a sim to wish to interact with a sim they never met before? My sim had two wishes with this female sim which she never met before. She wanted to talk and dance with her. I forgot what her name was but I checked her relationships panel and there was no trace of this sim in there.
Field Researcher
#24875 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:45 AM
Hello all, does anyone know which default face template Melody Tinker uses?
Page 995 of 1345