Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is there a way to stop Showtime performers from spawning
I searched this forum, and I found this thread that describes the exact situation and problem that I have.

I'm playing with no SP (neither Nraas' nor EA's), and TS2-style with Ani's mod.

This problem also happened to me before, when using Nraas' SP and EA's SP.

So these Showtime performers randomly spawn all over town, and they create a mini lag spike with each spawn. Not happy with that, they also immediately befriend my sims, just because.

The final straw was when, in my last rotation, I went back to household NÂș1 and discovered that the teenage son was no longer part of the family: he had run away to perform as a magician. I had to actually use Nraas MC to add him back to the family.

I also use Nraas MC once per play session to annihilate all those performers, but the game spawns more of them later on.

So... is there a mod to stop those randos from spawning? or at least to ban them from public lots? Uninstalling Showtime is the only solution to this problem?

Thanks in advanced!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 1:45 AM
Strange as it may seem, it's not story progression (of any type) that is spawning new sims to take those positions and even NRaas SP is powerless to prevent that from happening entirely. The best most of us have been able to manage is to use SP on the Town Options level to disallow the three performance careers and the three associated skills (SP Skill module required). Then re-allow them on the Sim Options or a Caste level if we really want to play or have a sim in one of those careers. The homeless performers may still spawn but, again for most of us, much less quickly and then they don't really do anything. I would say I have to step in and clean them out or give these sims other things to do maybe once every three or four sim weeks in most worlds.

I do not allow either Overwatch or SP to Clean Up/Manage the Homeless for fear that those options will just keep shoving homeless sims out of my game triggering the game to think it needs yet more of them and thus they might contribute to the cycle rather than put some kind of stop to it.

The teen running away and becoming a street performer sounds like what is allowed to happen when there is no controllable SP system in place to prevent it. The game is then free to do these things randomly. Rotational Play doesn't always work out as expected (for some it does better than for others, for some it never works the EA way) unless either NRaas SP or AwesomeMod's controls are in place to prevent various kinds of surprises.

Not sure if AwesomeMod has a barrier or limit for these things among all that it does, but it seems likely that it would have addressed it at some point.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 3:15 AM
I believe you can stop/reduce showtime performers with Register mod. I'll refer you to Sarah's settings - https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/nraasregister
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I believe you can stop/reduce showtime performers with Register mod. I'll refer you to Sarah's settings - https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/nraasregister

Sorry, but that is not correct. What Sarah is limiting there are the three types of Showtime performer Service Sims who can be hired/called to one's house to entertain at parties. The homeless street performers are not part of the Service Pool and are not governed by Register.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sorry, but that is not correct. What Sarah is limiting there are the three types of Showtime performer Service Sims who can be hired/called to one's house to entertain at parties. The homeless street performers are not part of the Service Pool and are not governed by Register.

Ok. I learn something new every day
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:57 AM
Strange as it may seem, it's not story progression (of any type) that is spawning new sims to take those positions and even NRaas SP is powerless to prevent that from happening entirely. The best most of us have been able to manage is to use SP on the Town Options level to disallow the three performance careers and the three associated skills (SP Skill module required). Then re-allow them on the Sim Options or a Caste level if we really want to play or have a sim in one of those careers. The homeless performers may still spawn but, again for most of us, much less quickly and then they don't really do anything. I would say I have to step in and clean them out or give these sims other things to do maybe once every three or four sim weeks in most worlds.

I do not allow either Overwatch or SP to Clean Up/Manage the Homeless for fear that those options will just keep shoving homeless sims out of my game triggering the game to think it needs yet more of them and thus they might contribute to the cycle rather than put some kind of stop to it.

The teen running away and becoming a street performer sounds like what is allowed to happen when there is no controllable SP system in place to prevent it. The game is then free to do these things randomly. Rotational Play doesn't always work out as expected (for some it does better than for others, for some it never works the EA way) unless either NRaas SP or AwesomeMod's controls are in place to prevent various kinds of surprises.

Not sure if AwesomeMod has a barrier or limit for these things among all that it does, but it seems likely that it would have addressed it at some point.

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

I looked into using AM again, but I decided against it, because I haven't seen anything there to confirm that the mod will stop these freaks, and all the times I used AM in the past, it always ended badly. Besides, there is a lot of "Mod folder re-arrangement" to do every time I install that mod.

For the time being, I have opted for disabling Showtime entirely, with Sim Game Selector.

I wish someone had taken the challenge of extracting those wonderful objects that come with that expansion and made them BGC. But of course, not only is that illegal, but also super difficult to do.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninfalara
I looked into using AM again, but I decided against it, because I haven't seen anything there to confirm that the mod will stop these freaks, and all the times I used AM in the past, it always ended badly. Besides, there is a lot of "Mod folder re-arrangement" to do every time I install that mod.

This most likely then is not your solution. But just wanted to point out that the way to install AwesomeMod is to place its mod (package) file and its optional settings configuration file in your Mods\Packages folder in the TS3 user game folder in Documents with any other mods you have there. Anything on the MoreAwesome site that still references installing the mod within the Program Files is the very outdated pre-Patch 1.12 way and is just not necessary.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 11:10 PM
This most likely then is not your solution. But just wanted to point out that the way to install AwesomeMod is to place its mod (package) file and its optional settings configuration file in your Mods\Packages folder in the TS3 user game folder in Documents with any other mods you have there. Anything on the MoreAwesome site that still references installing the mod within the Program Files is the very outdated pre-Patch 1.12 way and is just not necessary.

Oh, yes, I know about how outdated those instructions are.

I meant that I have to remove all the mods that could create conflicts or redundancy with AM, such as "once read", many of my Retuner settings, and many other script mods. Last time I tried it, I had to run several tests until I pinpointed which mods was clashing with AM and making the game crash to desktop.

I don't feel like going through all that trouble right now...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 12:31 AM
Oh, yes, I know about how outdated those instructions are.

I meant that I have to remove all the mods that could create conflicts or redundancy with AM, such as "once read", many of my Retuner settings, and many other script mods. Last time I tried it, I had to run several tests until I pinpointed which mods was clashing with AM and making the game crash to desktop.

I don't feel like going through all that trouble right now...

Ah, yes of course. Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion there, I took Awesome out of my own game so long ago that sometimes I forget how much of a pain it can be to work through if one ever wants to add it back in again. Yet there's around two or three features of it that I still miss.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 10:25 PM
I just came back to add that I installed this mod, re-enabled Showtime, and after playing for about 5 sim-days, not a single Showtime performer has spawned in my world; so I think the mod is working alright!

I'm dropping this here, just in case someone else runs a search for this in the future.
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 12:25 AM

I'm dropping this here, just in case someone else runs a search for this in the future.

Smart thinking, as I've just searched for this in the future

I do allow Overwatch to delete all homeless, and since moving my family into Storybrook County I get a notification every night of one of the three showtime professions being added to the world, and with map tags I can locate them in the apartment buildings and total annihilate them but it's a pain to do every night so I'll give that mod a try. From other research I figure the other random homeless sims the game adds that Overwatch removes every night are to fill co-worker spots and so I don't think I'll ever manage to be entirely homeless-free and keep a relatively small town population. But if that mod can at least stop the showtime homeless performers, every little thing helps!
Scholar
#12 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 2:48 AM
@ninfalara Thanks! I'll give that mod a try too, it sounds like just the thing I've been looking for.

Random buskers have been a bugbear for me ever since I installed SHT. It isn't so bad when playing EA or other pre-populated worlds, but it is a real pain when I am using a previously empty world which I would like to populate with my own sims. The game will randomly generate sims, some of which will move onto empty lots, and others who are homeless. These usually turn up as co-workers when my own sim starts work, but they don't remain as co-workers. After a couple of days, before my sim has the chance to befriend them, they invariably leave to become magicians, singers and acrobats. There has been a veritable plague of them! I have to have regular purges. Hopefully that mod will rid me of the pestilence for good.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor