Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:16 PM
Default Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead?
Which do you like better?

I recently finished watching season 3 of TWD on itunes and didn't have anything to watch so I got into breaking bad. I love it but i'm still not sure whether it's the show i love, or just jesse pinkman... Haha<3. So those of you who are familiar with both shows, feel free to share your thoughts comparing these two shows here. (:

Also, please don't give away spoilers, just put it in the
button because i dont want to ruin the next few seasons of breaking bad that im in the process of watching

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 11:12 AM
I very much enjoy both shows and will be eagerly awaiting TWD's return . That said , I think Breaking Bad is some of the best tv ever , it's tied for my favorite show of all time with The Wire. Every viewer has different tastes , preferences etc , so it's not a show for everyone ( What is?) , but if you like this genre it's top notch. It's consistently written , acted and conceived at a very high level. It has compelling characters , story lines and tension. Characters change ( in realistic ways) over time and they are very well developed.

I live in Albuquerque , where BB is filmed and set , and while I'm an old geezer now , the show ( for the most part) rings very true to me. I never did any cooking , nor distribution of meth , but back in the day ( decades ago , statute of limitations long passed) I used and sold all kinds of stuff that was , and is , illegal. I was a very small player , nothing like these guys , but I've had guns pointed at me , went to jail , lived with the constant threat/fear of violence/incarceration/theft , you name it. The characters in this show ( the cronies , the gangbangers , the daytime hookers , the shady lawyers etc) are beyond believable , they are as real as anything on the small screen ever gets.

I had the pleasure of meeting Aaron Paul , the actor that plays Jesse Pinkman , in person. He came into the business I work at and I got the feeling I knew him, but I was thinking I knew him in the real world , and was trying to mentally connect the dots that way. After a minute I snapped on who he was and went up to him and asked him if he was on Breaking Bad. He said that he was and I shook his hand and told him I was a big fan of the show , his character on the show and his acting in it. He thanked me and I then proceeded to call him by the wrong name ! This was about 4-5 years ago and the show hadn't been out that long. I knew his first name was Aaron and I was searching for his last name when Eckhart ( another actor with the first name of Aaron) popped into my head , so I went with that. He corrected me , not phased or huffy about it at all, and then we just yakked for a few minutes. He was a "regular" dude , very cool. I asked him for an autograph ( something I hadn't done in years and may never again) and he signed it " Tom - Thanks for the support brother! Aaron Paul " Very Pinkmanesque and very cool.

If you've seen , and liked the movie The Machinist with Christian Bale , I highly recommend this movie starring Aaron Paul http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765439/ , might be hard to find , think I caught it on Netflix aways back.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 11:36 AM
I prefer Breaking Bad to The Walking Dead. I'm just not a big fan of zombies or TV shows about zombie

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:42 AM
breaking bad for me
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2013 at 1:26 PM
Breaking Bad as well.
I think The Walking Dead is kind of meh, mostly due to the cliches in the show such as people acting stupid in scary situations or very predictable plot "twists".
I have to say tho, I didn't watch much, only the first season, and didn't continue, it just didn't click for me.
Breaking Bad on the other hand, is a show which manages to surprise me (which is not that easy )
That's just my opinion tho, many people will like The Walking Dead since it's still quite fun to watch.
Instructor
#6 Old 27th May 2013 at 1:38 PM
I'll go with The Walking Dead, primarily because I have never seen one episode of Breaking Bad. It's just not my thing.

Besides that, I'm on the Rick and Daryl bandwagon and can't seem to get off of it without going into serious withdrawals. I love all of the characters and the storyline and I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, so that plays.

Plus, Zombies are cool - unless they're in the Sims 3.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th May 2013 at 10:04 AM
Walking dead for many reasons.

AMAZING story, heartbreaking moments, action packed.

Id also recommend checking out the game from telltale. Its an amazing game that had an amazing story. It even had grown men crying. (Seriously, look online lol).
Just avoid the game from activision.
I cant wait for both the TV series and game series from telltale to both return this fall!
Theorist
#8 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:36 PM
Both great shows, but I might say I prefer The Walking Dead. I had really enjoyed Breaking Bad until the last season. I'm not sure I care for the direction they're taking Mr. White. He's becoming less and less likable. Walking Dead does have a lot of really emotional moments and very good character development.

Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
I prefer Breaking Bad to The Walking Dead. I'm just not a big fan of zombies or TV shows about zombie

That's what I would have said before I watched it. For me, the topic of zombies normally ranks high up on the scale of cheesy and stupid (along with vampires, monsters, and supernaturals). However, I gave Walking Dead a chance because I ran out of stuff to watch. I actually expected it to be cheesy, stupid, or all about the gore, but actually, it's really very good. It's not at all like some cheesy B-movie horror flick you'd catch late at night. It's actually very well-written and the characters are well-developed and well-acted. It's one of my favorite shows now, and I don't even normally like shows about monsters and supernaturals.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#9 Old 30th May 2013 at 6:22 AM
Walking Dead. I'll be honest, I've never watched Breaking Bad. But I know the plot at least, and it's just not really my type of thing.

Though I think I may take it a bit too seriously.
I'm still crying over the death of my two favourite characters in the last season (not spoiling it but fans probably know who, two very important characters who had been there since the beginning).
We also pay an extra $40 a month with Dish just to get AMC when new episodes are being released. Worth it.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#10 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:33 AM
Why choose? Both are great shows, with very different subject matter. Just 'cause I like chocolate doesn't mean I can't enjoy peanut butter. (Better yet, put the two together, and Mr. White's meth lab accidently creates a horrible zombie virus! Then he really WILL take a bite out of the competition!)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:21 AM
Breaking Bad, definitely. When a friend of mine told me about it I wasn't interested because it didn't sound like a show that I would be into. After the second episode (the bathtub scene...all you BB fans know what I'm talking about ) I was hooked.

Funny thing happened. I work front desk at a hotel and I checked in a guy whose name was Walter White. I know it's a somewhat common name, but it kinda made me chuckle to myself. I resisted the urge to call him Heisenberg, but only barely. Poor guy probably gets it all the time.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 7:24 AM
I like The Walking Dead but the blood and gore makes me feel uncomfortable. I watched some of Season 3 during Easter and I couldn't stop watching. I've only seen the second episode of Breaking Bad and liked it.
Scholar
#13 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 3:39 AM
What about Breaking Dead or The Walking Bad?

I'm sorry I don't watch either, so I don't have much to add to this conversation.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.