Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 4:09 PM
Default iPods/mp3 player
I want a new iPod/mp3 player. I'm odd and still use them. I have a 4th gen iPod Touch and to put it frankly it's now a piece of crap. It's so unbelievably slow and the battery dies on me so quickly. I just want an mp3 player, no apps or whatever, just an mp3 player with a lot of space.

I WANT an iPod Classic but Apple are lame and discontinued them I'm actually thinking of buying a refurbished one off ebay or something. I want something with a LOT of storage.

I know I could realistically just use my smart phone as an mp3 player but I like keeping my music separate. I also horde music and my iTunes library is huge.

What mp3 player do you recommend? I can't seem to find any non-apple mp3 players (with high capacity) with decent reviews. Or should I just get the iPod Classic? I know they're "outdated" but it has everything I want.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th May 2015 at 4:39 PM
I think the iPod classic is ridiculously slow... Way slower than the Touch 4G, which I have too. It's not an iPhone 6, obviously, but it still manages to work fine and the battery lasts weeks. I usually put it in Airplane mode when I don't use it and trust me, it lasts WEEKS.
My friend has an iPod classic and it's so slow that it loads up the song artwork like, midway through the song. It's not like it affects the music quality but still... Lame. I like to see all the artworks every time
I guess the final decision depends on what you use it for. I use my iPod touch when I am home because it's linked to my home theatre system, when I am on my car and when I am on the train, because I don't want to drain my iPhone battery and because it has a lot of storage. If I go take a walk/run I always bring my iPhone and listen to streaming music, because I need as little stuff as possible to carry around and I definitely can't bring both my phone and mp3 player. Plus, say I see some cute ducklings or a nice tree while I'm walking: I can't use the iPod camera, it's too crappy.

Getting OT now, but what I mean is: I would prefer the Touch because it's faster and has Bluetooth which is a necessity to me. The Classic will do though, if you don't need BT and you don't mind its slowness.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:05 PM
Oh God. I didn't think it would be that slow, considering it's very no frills. Thanks for telling me My current iPod Touch is annoying me enough with the lag. Maybe I will just get an iPod Touch then, I suppose having an iOS device will be nice (I now have a Samsung Galaxy s4)
Scholar
#4 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:05 PM
I still have my 4th generation Nano, but I quickly found that Itunes was too much of hassle (also battery doesn't last anywhere near as long as it should). After a year or so I decided to stick all my music onto a micro SD that now happily lives in my phone

I heard that the newer Sony Walkman is pretty good, not sure how true that is