Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 1:47 PM
Actually I got neither of those suggestions, so far noticed no good no Hondo, Rey, or Ren or any other batuu resident I met there. I haven't exactly got a vanilla game either - mccc, etc etc etc..

But I did clean before I installed the pack, removing any mod I know off that handles visitors of any sorts, other than mccc which also falls in the category.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I suppose you either keep using the mod that the Gurus say causes that or uninstall the pack. They say it won't happen.

Which mod do they say is causing it? I have a suspect which I will probably uninstall, but if the gurus have named a particular mod I'd be interested to know.
Instructor
#53 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 10:11 PM
It's discussed in the Offical Forum in this thread with SimGuruRomeo's tweet added in it. I don't use mods so haven't had any problems. Something to do with MCCC? It's a bit dangerous to uproot him into the other worlds as Batuu might need another NPC to replace him somebody said.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ith-kylo-rey/p5
Mad Poster
#54 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 11:28 PM
Wondering if you can recreate a spaceship with BB objects of this pack?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
They say it won't happen.

They also said it wouldn't suck.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 1:23 AM
As much as I'm enjoying this pack (from a story perspective) I really do think they dropped the ball in terms of gameplay. In a big way. But I'm not prepping my pitchfork or whatever, and I'll tell you why.

As I like to tell my disgruntled fellow Simmer, I'm sure The Sims Team wanted to cram all kinds of cool stuff under the hood of this pack, but two massive obstacles kept them from doing so -- higher ups at EA (like it or not, they're the ones who actually call the shots) and Disney. And y'all know how damn touchy Disney can be with their biggest cash cows. I can tell you right now, they probably had more creative control over what went into this pack than the Sims Team themselves, and they wanted the Sims version of Batuu to be a replica of the actual Galaxy's Edge. So of course your Sims can't explore the many domiciles to be found; they can't put roots down in Batuu, they can't marry or make friends with Kylo, Rey, Hondo or Vi. And of course, there's no Jedi or Sith "occult" state -- because none of these things are possible in the real Galaxy's Edge, even though the Sims Team probably wanted them to very much be possible because, hey, it's The Sims! But alas, Disney has a hold over their biggest IP that's tighter than a duck's asshole.
Smeg Head
#57 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Which mod do they say is causing it? I have a suspect which I will probably uninstall, but if the gurus have named a particular mod I'd be interested to know.

The mechanism that chooses which sim visitor types are allowed on any venue is via the Sim Filter Tuning XML. Every job type, be that a bar drinker, a dj booth dancer, a cafe coffee drinker, has an associated Sim Filter Tuning XML. And that file primarily lists traits, primary traits or hidden traits, which are accepted or banned, to allow or block the random visitor type.

I suspect all sims created for the Batuu experience would be given a hidden Batuu trait, and the patch for that pack would have batch altered every default Sim Filter Tuning XMLs for ever other venue type to ban the hidden Batuu trait. Though Maxis have failed on this method on a few occasions, either by not covering all the bases - some obscure venue types and their jobs not receiving the batch trait block, or indeed overdoing it, as seen when Island Living released and any native Sulani sims who died, the Grim Reaper was banned from attending to their death and their ghosts, - no longer native traits - were not allowed to visit their urns or gravestones in Sulani. I made my own fix for that at the time, but I'm sure Maxis has fixed it since.

So then, with CC venues, if the creator has made unique jobs outside of the Maxis default jobs, they will need to add the same Batuu trait blocks to those job types and their associated Sim Filter XMLs. Very easy to fix, adding the new trait to the banned list, should those CC venues be from retired modders.

In the case of MC, I was always under the impression that it may well allow for more visitors on venues, yet it is all the default Maxis venue types, which Maxis themselves should have inserted the necessary Batuu trait blocks. I could be wrong, and Deaderpool may have inserted a few of his own Sim Filter files to govern things, which would certainly need the Batuu trait blocks added. Though I just don't see it, MC works only with Maxis default venues, so all the Sim Filter trait choosing, allowing and blocking would still all be on the Maxis side of the tracks. But if the majority of folks are now pinpointing MC as the one allowing Batuu sims here, there and everywhere, then so be it, there's a Sim Filter XML in MC somewhere that needs a new trait block added.

I'd open up MC's package file myself to confirm if there is such a Sim Filter XML in there, but as my game is stuck on 1.62 and I'm using an older MC version relative to that patch level, my findings may not be compatible nor consistent with the most recent version of MC.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#58 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 2:31 PM
Yeah the only "visitor" mod I now trust is using mccc and I do like to keep my Cap at 50 instead of default 20. And well surprising not much good to say about this game, but this part I have NOT seen a single Batuu resident, and I have so far traveled to many festivals, nightclubs, businesses, and even took a few days in the Jungle. Anyway i meaning to study those Batuu resident with ShowSimInfo, there must be a trait or hidden trait somewhere that they are from Batuu.
Page 3 of 3