Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 5:51 PM
Reading Manwatching by Desmond Morris. It's an old school book about body language and human behavior. It also has a funny name.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LongTallSally
That's one of my favourite books of all time. The movie is good, but in my mind it can't compare to the book.

The movie's a big favourite of mine but I've wanted to read it since forever, and I really love the humour, the narrative device and the way the author "comments" on the text.
#103 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 7:40 PM
Lucky by Alice Sebold. It's the true story of her rape and the trial.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#104 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 8:06 PM
'Huckleberry Finn' by Mark Twain. Pretty good, but is kind of slow here and there. 'Tom Sawyer' was better.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#105 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 10:26 PM
Reading my way through Jodi Picoult's books- she has a wonderfully descriptive prose.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:38 AM
I just got done with breaking dawn. <333

Oliviaaaa
5511<3
Instructor
#107 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:15 PM
Right now I'm reading two different books. Choke and Running with Scissors. Both are really good.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:21 PM
Jimmy The Hand, by Raymond E. Feist. I haven't read much of it yet, but I've read about 10 other books by him and enjoyed them all, so I have high hopes for this one!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:42 PM
I'm rereading Een Schitterend Gebrek by Arthur Japin. It's translated into English by the name of In Lucia's Eyes

It's such a great book telling the story of one of Giacomo Casanova's first loves. (who practically went trough as much as Casanova himself)
Scholar
#110 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:51 PM
Nefertiti by Michelle Moran

(re reading, but still counts)

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#111 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 3:33 AM
Betrayed by P.C & Kristin Cast
Mad Poster
#112 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:01 PM
Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris, and Saturday, by Ian McEwan.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#113 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:18 PM
The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Only 24 pages left.
Test Subject
#114 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:09 PM
Saving Charlie, based on Charlie Andrews from Heroes, and what actually happened to her. It's written by Aury Wallington.
Also I'm reading a Catherine Alliot book: A crowded marraige
And I did start reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but I don't think I can be bothered after watching the movie :P
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:34 PM
At the moment I'm reading Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde. It's part of a series that I would recommend anyone to check out..
I'm also reading a book by Michael Moorcock (can't remember the name), a french translation of Harry Potter (the fourth one), and a book by David Eddings (also can't remember the name lol). I read about a chapter of each, a night, though less on the Harry Potter one, because I'm not very good at french lol.

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:06 PM
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I deciede to re-read the whole series!
I also got the other queen by Phillpa Gregory for christmas, so I am going to be reading that soon!
Scholar
#117 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:11 PM
Slash's autobiography and When the Duke Returns by Eloisa James.
Love that historical fiction.
angelsavoir, the other queen is a good book. read the other boleyn if you find it anywhere. that's a good one. i'm looking for the movie from it to buy.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Mad Poster
#118 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Benjamin
And I did start reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but I don't think I can be bothered after watching the movie :P

Oh, it's SO worth it. The book's 100000000000 times better :-D

I'm reading a cookbook called Meat and 2 Veggies. It was a christmas present :-) It's all about how to cook easy, simple meals for both meat eaters and vegetarians without being driven completely insane. Very very useful for me!

I'm also reading a book called Dragonology that my parents bought for my boyfriend for christmas. It's quite cool. Dragons are awesome! :-D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#119 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

Ahh, but the radio scripts are the definitive!
Instructor
#120 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:43 PM
Dear Fatty by Dawn French xD
Top Secret Researcher
#121 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Immortal Goddess
I'm currently rereading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.

I'm reading that too! It's great so far, but I was surprised to find out that Fat Charlie and most of the people in the book were black. For some odd reason, I had envisioned them all to be white, so I had to come up with a completely different visualization in my head. LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#122 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

I concur. The meaning of life is 42 :D!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#123 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:23 AM
As of now I'm reading Where's Waldo?
haha kidding.
Actually I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl which is actually really good though kind of long and a tad raunchy and I am also reading The Night World
Later I plan on reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and all the works of Edgar Allen Poe again. Hes just my favorite
Mad Poster
#124 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ahh, but the radio scripts are the definitive!

True true :-) The book is really good though! :-D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#125 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 1:06 AM
Yes, I recently read all five again in quick succession. I love the Dirk Gently series, too.
Page 5 of 41