Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#11651 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Yes, give X random skill points would be very useful. The randomize option always gives me way to many skill points.

I'm pretty sure the college adjuster has a random skill points option with a max of 5 points in any category.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11652 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I wish the console interaction was available.
I have some distressed sims in my hood atm and I would like their loved ones to be able to console them.
There is a "cheer up" interaction. Andrew was able to use it when his mum got that outrageous Dishonorable Discharge from the army. I'm not sure under what circumstances it shows up, or what Heading it's under, but I know we saw and used it then.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11653 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 11:45 PM
I wish there was a way to have neighborhood deco cast dynamic shadows. It would make things look very nice.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#11654 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I wish the console interaction was available.
I have some distressed sims in my hood atm and I would like their loved ones to be able to console them.

It exists, though where I have no idea at the moment. I have it though and I didn't make it myself, so it definitely exists. Found it when I was staging screenshots for a story that required a Sim to be crying. Wanna say it's part of a posebox set?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#11655 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
There is a "cheer up" interaction. Andrew was able to use it when his mum got that outrageous Dishonorable Discharge from the army. I'm not sure under what circumstances it shows up, or what Heading it's under, but I know we saw and used it then.

Has Andrew been a business owner? That interaction is one you get via business rewards like "rally the troops" or "motivational speech". It's the only time I've ever seen it show up anyway.

Mac user
Mad Poster
#11656 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 10:51 PM
Andrew has never owned a business, at least not an OFB one. In my imagination he's the Managing Director of Jones & Moltke Construction (Veronaville) Ltd., the firm I represented in the Monopoly Game Town Contest back in 2015, but the game code knows nothing about that. Anyway, this was back in my very early game, back in 2013, when I had very few mods. Gloria got a dishonourable discharge from the military as the result of a Chance card (something about computer security when she was working in Intelligence), and she was very upset. (I don't blame her -- there's not a milligram of dishonour in her make-up.) She was crying and almost inconsolable, but Andrew was able to use this "cheer up" interaction. Since we're playing in different languages, it's probably the same interaction as "console".

(You can read Gloria's own recollections of the incident here.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11657 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 12:07 AM
Thought I'd test my browser history, and I found this, which I'm guessing is where I got it. WCIF thread here on MTS check it out.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#11658 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 12:09 AM
@gummilutt Whoa! I haven't seen you around in ages! Good to see you and hoping you're doing much better!

Not sure if this is the mod you were thinking of, but Squinge enabled the Cheer up interaction here: EP2 required: Cheer up interaction enabled. I think that's the latest version--I did a quick search through the later EP forums and didn't see another one, anyway. Otherwise, yeah, I think one of Jaydee's poseboxes might have the animation, too.

Anyway, Cheer Up is usually autonomous and is an interaction that appears when other's sims aspirations are low, usually because of a death. I've seen it most often between parents and their kids, but I have seen it between adults, too. With parents/kids, the adult kneels down and puts an arm around the kid, who is usually sobbing. And with adults, the one being consoled is slumped and the other sim pulls them up and pats their shoulders. I used to have a picture of Cornwall and one of his sons, but idk where that went.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11659 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I find the Blender randomize option too strong for my taste, so I still do it manually if I want new sims to have a few points - I'm talking five or six skillpoints, where the randomizer gives more like twenty or thirty.

The SimBlender does let you assign points singly, but it would be lovely to have some numbered options - "Give 5 random skill points" or "Give 20 random skill points" .

TwoJeffs made a mod for University called the "College Adjuster". Most of the options are related to school or university, but it does also have the option to Randomize > Skills Max 5 for any sim. This works just like the Blender's skill randomizer, but with a limit of no more than 5 points to any skill.

The object looks like a stack of phone books, costs $1, and is located in the Miscellaneous category.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/98999/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11660 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
TwoJeffs made a mod for University called the "College Adjuster". Most of the options are related to school or university, but it does also have the option to Randomize > Skills Max 5 for any sim. This works just like the Blender's skill randomizer, but with a limit of no more than 5 points to any skill.

The object looks like a stack of phone books, costs $1, and is located in the Miscellaneous category.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/98999/

How did I not know that?!? I have randomized skills with the blender then manually deducted so none are about 5-when I could have been using the adjuster. That I have had for years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11661 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Thought I'd test my browser history, and I found this, which I'm guessing is where I got it. WCIF thread here on MTS check it out.

I found this thread when I was looking for a mod. I'm not interested in using a box to get the interaction though. That's why I posted here.
I should have been more specific.

@Phantomknight I've seen the interaction mostly between adults and children and maybe once between adults.

Thank you for the link to the mod. Off to try it ingame.
Forum Resident
#11662 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:47 AM
A mod for Chris Hatch's walk to/visit other sims mod where adults can visit young adults and vice versa.
Scholar
#11663 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Try this

Thanks Chris, I'll give that a try

A bit off topic, but every time I see this thread I always think the other way round would be nice, like a hack for real life which made things as easy as in the sims, like 'Chat, Flirt, Hug, Kiss...now you have a boyfriend!' or 'Exercise for a couple of hours...stomach pings back into the perfect figure!'
Instructor
#11664 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 9:35 PM
After seeing 'kitchenette combo' from ATS(Sims 4), I thought 'how about having mini oven that can be used on surface or wall-mounted?', so we can make our own kitchenette combo.

..Or functional so-called 'Air Fryer'(actually it's a kind of mini oven, despite of the name)?
Mad Poster
#11665 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 12:24 AM
Sectional tables that connect in a similar manner to countertops and sectional sofas, so you could actually have really long banquet tables (without being stuck with the few tablecloth options that tesselate well enough) or irregular horseshoe-shaped conference tables, etc..

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11666 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:43 AM Last edited by FranH : 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Sectional tables that connect in a similar manner to countertops and sectional sofas, so you could actually have really long banquet tables (without being stuck with the few tablecloth options that tesselate well enough) or irregular horseshoe-shaped conference tables, etc..

There have been tables made to combine like that-I think they're on TSR. I have a set that does it.

I searched for it-CycloneSue at TSR did it:
Any-Size Modular Table

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#11667 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 3:46 AM
I'd love to have a little microphone that could be placed on a coffee table--or just the floor--in a room with a TV, and would allow sims to sing karaoke using the microphone and the TV as the lyrics screen. Far more compact than a whole karaoke machine, and far more likely to actually be in someone's home.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#11668 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 2:39 PM
I would like that too. but put the lyrics up behind the sim on a big screen TV as well as a small one in front for the singer to read off. In Real Life.For those of you who had Popstar for the PS2 it was made for this in mind. To work through your TV with the PS2 being the karaoke engine.
Field Researcher
#11669 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'd love to have a little microphone that could be placed on a coffee table--or just the floor--in a room with a TV, and would allow sims to sing karaoke using the microphone and the TV as the lyrics screen. Far more compact than a whole karaoke machine, and far more likely to actually be in someone's home.

Compact Karaoke machine would be amazing.
Also, a single person bubble blower. Drives me crazy when my Pleasure Sims all want one, but they have NO room for it cause they are partying too hard to afford a place with space.
Alchemist
#11670 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
but they have NO room for it cause they are partying too hard to afford a place with space.

Hmm, then I'd say they have to party smarter, instead of harder. They need to make sure they're meeting new people often so that if you have AL, you get reputation rewards. And then, they need to make their parties an outing or a date, especially if they're going to a community lot. Date and outing rewards can be a great source of cash.

Occasionally, I've played a few socialite sims who only make money this way, and it can be fun and challenging.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11671 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 6:09 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 23rd Nov 2020 at 9:58 PM. Reason: typo
Karaoke machine extracted from Sims 2 Pet Stories. This takes only one tile and is angled to work well in a corner of the room. In my game, it satisfies the want to buy or use a karaoke machine.

Havelock's version here - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11747.0.html

sixtylilies made a recolorable version here - https://sixtylilies.livejournal.com/77267.html
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11672 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Karaoke machine extracted from Sims 2 Pet Stories. This takes only one tile and is angled to work well in a corner of the room. In my game, it satisfies the want to buy or use a karaoke machine.

Thank you! I had no idea this existed. Can't wait to try it out.
Lab Assistant
#11673 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 3:21 PM
Is there a mod that makes your sims prioritise leftovers in the fridge before cooking something new? The family grandmother slaves away so much of her time in the kitchen meal-prepping for the week and her ungrateful children and grandchildren constantly just cook something new when I'mnot paying attention
Top Secret Researcher
#11675 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:49 PM
It would be nice to have a hack that would create a random chance for sims invited to a party to bring a friend of theirs along. Would give partying sims a good chance to meet new people.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 467 of 582