Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#11676 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
Is there a mod that makes your sims prioritise leftovers in the fridge before cooking something new? The family grandmother slaves away so much of her time in the kitchen meal-prepping for the week and her ungrateful children and grandchildren constantly just cook something new when I'mnot paying attention

@Morrowindnostalgia
The only one I know of is the leftoverhack2 by Dizzy. You'll find it here. There are all Dizzy's hacks for AL.
In my game, it doesn't work as it used to be. I don't know why. I'm wondering if it's because of me using empty fridges filled with fresh food only.
My sims rather starve.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11677 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Morrowindnostalgia
The only one I know of is the leftoverhack2 by Dizzy. You'll find it here. There are all Dizzy's hacks for AL.
In my game, it doesn't work as it used to be. I don't know why. I'm wondering if it's because of me using empty fridges filled with fresh food only.
My sims rather starve.

@Essa

Ah darn, I'm playing on the Super Collection for MacOSX (no AL). But thanks anyway!!
Theorist
#11678 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 7:38 PM
@Morrowindnostalgia
Here's a link to Dizzy's hacks up to Seasons: https://app.box.com/s/c9632f8a99c9cd77fe42
There is a have-a-leftover1c-serve hack in the folder. Check the readme file first to know what it is about.
I can't tell because I got Seasons a long time ago.
Super Collection is up to Bon voyage, right?
Lab Assistant
#11679 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 11:25 PM
@Essa omg you are an angel! Not only does that version of the mod work, but I'm also loving another mod in that collection (work-deliver) which gives sims a chance to bring home groceries/pizza after coming home from work.
Mad Poster
#11680 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:13 PM
I'd love a mod that let you have roommates on residential lots. 'Cause sometimes my single sims get a little dull, and I'd like some company for them, but I don't want to fully befriend and move in a townie with all their money and wants and feelings, just have an uncontrollable townie pet.
Mad Poster
#11681 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I'd love a mod that let you have roommates on residential lots. 'Cause sometimes my single sims get a little dull, and I'd like some company for them, but I don't want to fully befriend and move in a townie with all their money and wants and feelings, just have an uncontrollable townie pet.

If you want a cheap and easy way to get a roomie without befriending a townie, there's the "Tombstone of Life and Death" which is hacked to allow you to create a roomie without having to be friends with them first. When you get tired of them, they can 'move' to town by doing exactly that-and you'll have a townie friend by that alone.
Tombstone of Life and Death

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11682 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:20 AM
A mod or some other kind of hack that will make the terrain paints render properly instead of blown up ridiculously for people with certain types of video cards like the GeForce 4400. One of my computers has that. Runs Sims 2 quite well, but doesn't do the special event camera and doesn't show the terrain paints properly - which sucks.
Mad Poster
#11683 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:44 AM
I really wish there was a way to change the angle on greenhouse roofs. It's way too high pitched, which gets so ugly if you make a greenhouse bigger than like 3x3. I don't understand why EA didn't make the regular roof angle tool work on greenhouse roofs.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11684 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:15 AM
Not sure if it belongs here or into pet peeve thread but
I am grandma and I use push up bras but my grandma sims cannot do that. Especially with formal clothes, I'd like to see my grandmas taking care of their look and use suitable bras.
If someone can correct Maxis meshes, I'd be thankful.
Forum Resident
#11685 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:46 AM
I'd like to see glass roofs as a roof pattern instead of a mod, and are visible in the house as well as outside.Sims 4 had them. I'd like to see some for sims 2.
Mad Poster
#11686 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I'd like to see glass roofs as a roof pattern instead of a mod, and are visible in the house as well as outside.Sims 4 had them. I'd like to see some for sims 2.

In a few particular instances you can incorporate a greenhouse roof into a building alongside normal roof options. It's not a great fix, since you're limited by greenhouse roofs only being gabled and set at a 45-degree pitch and needing to be multiples of 2 in width to have a centerline support instead of a weird bent piece of glass, but it can sometimes be made to work if you are trying to avoid mods.

It's not the best illustration, but you can see what I'm talking about in my Warner's Nursery & Landscape Co. lot from a few years ago.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#11687 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:47 PM
@Zarathustra
Just popping in to say that said lot is awesome.
Mad Poster
#11688 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:59 AM
I was always wanting to have a PET STORIES COLLECTION extracted and it finally came available.I have the collection downloaded already.
Mad Poster
#11689 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 1:54 AM
Some kind of mod that would increase the lighten effect when you mouse over an object, or gives the moused-over object an outline so you know what you're about to click on.
Test Subject
#11690 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Some kind of mod that would increase the lighten effect when you mouse over an object, or gives the moused-over object an outline so you know what you're about to click on.

It kind of already does that tho? Lumina made a mod that takes that away?
Mad Poster
#11691 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tentas
It kind of already does that tho? Lumina made a mod that takes that away?

I would like to intensify the effect though, or even use an outline for mouseover objects.
Mad Poster
#11692 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Not sure if it belongs here or into pet peeve thread but
I am grandma and I use push up bras but my grandma sims cannot do that. Especially with formal clothes, I'd like to see my grandmas taking care of their look and use suitable bras.
If someone can correct Maxis meshes, I'd be thankful.

There's a default here. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=465234
Mad Poster
#11693 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's a default here. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=465234

Got a joke. No one uses push up bras with swimwear.
I was talking about formal wear when grandma tries to be the best looking.
Mad Poster
#11694 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:18 AM
Well the rest of the defaults database at that link will have formal too.

It's the underwear when they're actually showing the bra that really bugs me.
Mad Poster
#11695 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 12:21 PM
Well the rest of the defaults database at that link will have formal too.

It's the underwear when they're actually showing the bra that really bugs me.

====
Am not seeing link to "defaults database" that will change other types of clothes for no-bra granny. Actually looked for it in link I have for defaults but couldn't find. Yea, Maxis idea of elders is just creepy: shoulders up, hunch over, hanging boobs...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11696 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 2:02 PM
Mad Poster
#11697 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:59 AM
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/167481.html

I saw that but thought Don't tell me I have to change every outfit! But that must be what you're telling me. Gramma not listen. Gramma looks for wine. None. Gramma look for chocolate...Gramma go lie down now.

Mad Poster
#11698 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 8:58 AM
Every outfit has a different mesh, so there can't be a one size fits all. I've spent ages messing around with my elder female stuff to remove all the braless crap.
Forum Resident
#11699 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:41 AM
I just use a different body shape for my elders instead of the default ones to make them more natural. Thing is, they still hunch over when they walk.
Mad Poster
#11700 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I just use a different body shape for my elders instead of the default ones to make them more natural. Thing is, they still hunch over when they walk.

That was what I was hoping for...a different mesh that the "clothes" would conform to???

Page 468 of 580