Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 10:56 PM
Default question about recolored objects
ok so i figured out how to recolor objects by using the workshop in SimPE BUT on some of them i have noticed that they revert back to their maxis default....how do i fix this?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 11:02 PM
Usually this happens if the "Family number" in the MMAT is the same of the original MMAT. Try and change it using SimPE's "Hash generator" plugin.
Anyway, if you post the object that doesn't work, I'll take a look.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 12:40 AM
heres on of em its just the fabric part though thats reverting back so far though
Attached files:
File Type: zip  countrysetwithroosters-ergosupremechair.zip (58.4 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 4:18 PM
if the family number is wrong where do i fix it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 3:28 AM
does anyone know if this was coverd already i cant seem to find it if it was
thx in advance
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 7:19 PM
hello?? i have this problem in another object too but i kdont know what to do looked all over th esite no help yet..any one? please =[ i ve been using th eobject work shop so i dotn know if i have to make a new hash? for all part or what ???
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 9:21 PM
I am having the same problem. Any help would be great thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:26 PM
Are you starting with an original package too? It won't work right if you just open a file in the regular way, and edit it.

Also, I heard awhile ago that it's not a bad idea to restart SimPE if you've recolored a few times. I do know that after restarting it after creating a recolor or two that it works better for me.

Also, make sure you don't rename the .package.

Hope that's not too basic, I don't know how much you know...

Good luck,
Suzanne

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:29 AM
non of that seems to apply to me ...its weird cause the one counter i have done stays how i made it but then like a few days later i made another one and after a few sim days it reverts back its just weird cause its got nuthing to do with it being dirty so i dunno....numero mentioned changing the family number but im not sure what to do...since im using the object shop ..lol im sooo slow
The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 2:36 PM
As for the chair you've posted above, I can't find anything wrong with it... It's strange that the fabric reverts to original colour.

As for the counters, SimPE has an issue with most of them; the next update for SimPE will fix this problem with the counters.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:57 PM
ok thank you maybe its just me then lol(with that chair) i stuck it in a tester set and no one said anything but then again they just may not have used the chair lol