Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*08/08/2020 UPDATE* The Sims 4 Happy Holiday Stuff!

by simsi45 Posted 11th Dec 2019 at 3:21 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2020 at 11:45 AM by simsi45

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 3:30 PM
Really great effort! thanks! Side question: did anyone make a default-replacement Santa Claus instead of TS4's father winter?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 3:35 PM
once again u bring back the good memories which the sims4 never can bring me to. u r so warm and kind in details. lucky for ur girlfriend/wife.
i wish u a Merry X'mas.
☆⌒(*^-゜)v THX!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 4:39 PM
I've been missing the Sims2 holiday items! Thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 7:54 PM
OMG @simsi45 you are my hero, my ultimate hero... If I was working right now I would give you some money for such a great work you've been doing <3 you're awesome
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#30 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 8:04 PM
Sorry to rain on your Xmas Parade, most of what I see in this Sims 4 Xmas video I have mostly all of those items in Sims 2 if you have the Happy Holidays stuff pack.
But it is nice to see that Sims 4 is borrowing items from Sims 2 that is still one of the best game.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Sorry to rain on your Xmas Parade, most of what I see in this Sims 4 Xmas video I have mostly all of those items in Sims 2 if you have the Happy Holidays stuff pack.
But it is nice to see that Sims 4 is borrowing items from Sims 2 that is still one of the best game.

Uh...this is an unofficial conversion of that Sims 2 Stuff Pack to Sims 4.

EDIT: Actually, though, perhaps that should be made clearer in the Description.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 8:43 PM
I'm interested in the TS4 Version of the Pleasants. Do you plan to upload them? Loved the holiday accessorypack back in ts2. Will def. use the stuff all the time when winter starts in my game ♥
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 9:27 PM
This is awesome! could you add the Christmas trees? I really love those trees but any other conversions i've found always have the weird shadows and no specular or normal map! ♥
Instructor
#34 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 11:15 PM
Thank you Simsi! Love your packs
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 3:34 AM
Hey, Simsi45, I don't want to be picky or anything, its just out of curiosity since I've seen you update the Family Fun SP with some thigns that you couldn't extract before, but I remember reading somewhere that the "Holiday Party Stuff Pack" had about 45 items, then they repackaged it in a "Happy Holiday Stuff Pack" with the previous 45 + 20 items. Is it supposed to be just the 20 new items in the repack, or you couldn't extract the other items? Also, could it be that the other stuff is clothing/recolour of the same items? Anyway, its just curiosity, cuz I do appreciate your conversions. <3 (I would even suggest a Sims 1 conversion for the 20th anniversary next year. Most Sims 1 objects are probably 2D images, but if I'm not worng there are 3D versions in Sims 2, as well as in Sims 1 Console and Bustin' Out. I jsut don't know if its possible to extract something from the console games... Thinking about that I think I remember seeing that someone put up a huge download of extracted stuff from those 2 games back in the Sims 2 time, but I don't remember where. I think the page is in my favorites, if you feel interested I can try to find in the huge list of thigns I have favorited... My favorites are just a huge mess, just like my bedroom hahaha)
Anyway, thanks <3

Quote: Originally posted by jengelbart
I'm interested in the TS4 Version of the Pleasants. Do you plan to upload them? Loved the holiday accessorypack back in ts2. Will def. use the stuff all the time when winter starts in my game ♥

I think this is the official version, you can find them on the official Maxis gallery account. Correct me if i'm wrong Simsi45

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the officialy converted old packs to Sims 4, but I don't see Eaxis doing that, nor the simmers enjoying it.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 13th Dec 2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Removing redundant "recently"
Quote: Originally posted by LOolyharb1
Really great effort! thanks! Side question: did anyone make a default-replacement Santa Claus instead of TS4's father winter?

I actually came across that very thing recently, but unfortunately, I can't find it again right now.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karon
Is it supposed to be just the 20 new items in the repack, or you couldn't extract the other items?
Most of the items that have been left out are build items (such as decorated trees, windows and doors) because I found that a Sims 2 tree really looks out of place in TS4 so I personally wouldn't use them at all. Same goes for doors and windows. As buy mode goes I left the decorated trees some menorahs and kinaras, and a plant (that's all if i remember correctly) because we already have a couple of those items in the game, so it seemed pointless to me. And I didn't even touch CAS items as I really don't play with CAS at all. Hope that clears it up.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:54 PM
I do not play the sims 4 but I just want to compliment you and your great talent! You are a great creator and your Youtube clip looks like it was made by EA . They can offer you a job over there
My daughter plays the Sims 4 and I pointed out your stuff packs, she was very impressed. Love your work!!!!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Theorist
THANKS POST
#39 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 2:20 PM
I loved the reindeer from Sims 2 and this pack looks great. Even though I am not a huge Sims 4 fan I appreciate your effort. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
Most of the items that have been left out are build items (such as decorated trees, windows and doors) because I found that a Sims 2 tree really looks out of place in TS4 so I personally wouldn't use them at all. Same goes for doors and windows. As buy mode goes I left the decorated trees some menorahs and kinaras, and a plant (that's all if i remember correctly) because we already have a couple of those items in the game, so it seemed pointless to me. And I didn't even touch CAS items as I really don't play with CAS at all. Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for the info.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 6:43 PM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 10:30 PM

Yeah, thanks. I can understand why you didn't convert some things. You probably would've to remake the plants out of nothing to make them and wouldn't be able to finish the regular convertions. :P
Anyway, thanks for answering me <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:19 AM
This is awesome! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 12:33 AM
Just in time for Christmas,thank u
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 7:06 PM
This is just the touch the game is missing. I wish there was one like it for Sims 3, too. A million thanks!
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 2:34 AM
This is great! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 3:44 AM
This is so wonderful! Thanks for this wonderful addition!
Scholar
#48 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 8:10 AM
Thanks, now I have to install Seasons too just to try this mod out.

An other question: Do you have a list of CC used on the red haired girl in the 4:th pic? I really like the hair and the black outfit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Thanks, now I have to install Seasons too just to try this mod out.

An other question: Do you have a list of CC used on the red haired girl in the 4:th pic? I really like the hair and the black outfit.

No CC used. Hair is from Island Living and I'm pretty sure the rest is just Base Game clothing!
Scholar
#50 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 4:58 PM
No CC used. Hair is from Island Living and I'm pretty sure the rest is just Base Game clothing!

Oh Ok, thanks. I do not have Island living but I'm sure I can find something similar. But thank you, I should take a better look in CAS to see if I find the other things.
Page 2 of 3