Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Storage *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:46 AM by treeag

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 1:46 AM
I can't seem to get the "Read Label" to function. I ctrl+shift clicked the object in buy mode and was able to write a label, but nothing happens when I make a sim read the label.
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:21 AM
Thanks for the report. Will look into it
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:44 PM Last edited by treeag : 26th Jun 2010 at 4:58 PM.
Fixed "Read Label". The latest patch broke it, I think, since it was working fine with earlier patches. To those who had a problem with "Read Label", please download the updated version
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 11:25 PM
I tested the "Read Label" function and it works, but I'm getting the hanging save problem when I have the box on the lot now. It'll save if I don't have the box.
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:19 PM
Did I upload the wrong storagebox.package? if you still have a copy of the working box, you can overwrite that. Only miscstorage.package file needs to be replaced with the new one for the read label issue.
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:50 PM
I'm not really sure what happened since it only hanged the first time while trying out the new file. I didn't played since then and just tested an hour ago saving both with and without the labels multiple times. There were no hang problems in any of them.

I think the one you uploaded was right. The date was the 15th and the old file had a missing buy icon, which this one wasn't missing one. Everything seems well now!
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:14 PM
I love this box. I haven't used it yet but I've used ur treasure chest and it's been so useful. This box will be perfect for storing relics and seeds. I have some suggestions for future updates as well. It would be good if the boxes could be placed on tables and counters and also if u could stack them on top of each other since they don't actually need to be opened.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Fixed "Read Label". The latest patch broke it, I think, since it was working fine with earlier patches. To those who had a problem with "Read Label", please download the updated version

Awesome! Thank you for the update!
This chest is so useful, even more now that the label will work. I never saw the label working since my game was fully patched, I thought it was due to my non-english game
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 1:58 AM Last edited by SkankBenSkank : 18th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM.
I have Ambitions, patched to the latest, and am having issues as well.
I don't get any of the options when I click on it.
Downloaded it again today in case I had an older version.

I have:
MiscStorage.package
StorageBox.package
...but, where should I put them? Is one a hack and the other the object/mesh?

Because from what I understand, with Ambitions, hacks go in:
Code:
C:\Users\*UserName*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
(If you have Windows 7, like me)

...and objects go in:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
Originally, I had both packages in the Program Files directory, and didn't get any options on clicking it (nor could I move it into my inventory).
This past time, I copied both files in to the My Documents mods folder, loaded the game: still no options.
Oddly enough, I have the same problem with cmomoney's Book of Knowledge, which is supposed to have similar features.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I deleted the copies in my Program Files (leaving just the one set of the .packages in Ambitions' My Documents/Mods folder).
Then I cleared all my caches.

Started it up, same result.

EDIT #2: Found the problem!:
• You last updated June 26th (making it compatible with ...4.0)
• EA released a patch on July 7th (upping the game versions to ...4.2) to be compatible with an also-updated CAW tool.
^A patch I foolishly installed.^

So, any plans to update the mod now that there are no foreseeable patches in the near future?

Thanks, a fan,
Ben
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:42 PM
@SkankBenSkank: I've got everything patched to 4.2 and this mod works fine so I don't think it's the patch update. Also, I'm not sure where you read it, but custom content (mods, hacks, objects, anything) is supposed to go either into the MyDocs OR the Program Files - not both. If you've switched to the new way - make certain that you've got ALL custom content out of your various Program Files directories (Sims, WA, HELS, AMB), make sure that you've removed the resource.cfg files from those directories and that the resource.cfg file in your Docs\EA\S3\Mods folder does NOT contain the path 'Mods\Packages' (should just be 'Packages'). MTS covers everything in detail in their help section here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files
Theorist
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:49 AM
It's compatible with 4.2. Just read the wiki link LunyKimberly linked for instructions because I'm pretty sure you're not installing your cc the right way
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:11 PM
Works gret.JcHnd do you have World Advantures treasore cheasts are the same thing.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:20 AM
For some reason, it's only decorative for me
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pontiac76
I seem to be the first with this particular problem;

I don't get any interactions with the box. I see the box in my inventory, and I can buy and place it, but, either in buy mode or in play mode, I have no interactions.

Both files in the zip are in [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages].

I am having the same problem, but I *have* World Adventures and basically all EPs/SPs installed.
Theorist
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:38 AM
Are you fully patched? Do you use the new CC setup under Documents?
Theorist
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:41 PM
Updated today, you can now put it in sim inventory. Got annoyed when I realized I couldn't take it with my sim when he moved out.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:59 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but if this box had an option to rename (thinking nectar namimg) and display that name as a tool-tip, it would be perfect.
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:02 PM
What do you mean by rename exactly? What's the difference with the current "give label" option?

As for the tool tip, I actually have made something like that a while back. It's a sign you can put above doors and shelves and you can give it a label that would show up as a tool tip. I didn't upload it though, I think. Anyway it'd be easy to implement something similar to this mod, it's very simple.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
What do you mean by rename exactly? What's the difference with the current "give label" option?

As for the tool tip, I actually have made something like that a while back. It's a sign you can put above doors and shelves and you can give it a label that would show up as a tool tip. I didn't upload it though, I think. Anyway it'd be easy to implement something similar to this mod, it's very simple.

The sign might be cool to have, if you decide to release it.

I have no "give label" option on the box. I have the give item and the open interactions, but no label option. I'll redownload it and check to make sure something odd hasnt happened.

Mostly I was thinking of a tooltip for quick checking box labels.
Theorist
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:55 PM
The give label option is currently only available in buy mode (ctrl+shift click) That might change in the future. As for the tooltip, I'll work on it later today.
Theorist
Original Poster
#71 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 4:17 PM
New version with the tooltip posted.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:34 AM
Works great. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#73 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 7:16 AM
It dose not even show up
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:54 PM
The problem with preservation remained (
Error 12 because of it a fashion
Version 2010/08/16

In version 2010/06/26 of such problem wasn't, it is possible to download or correct it in the new version

Excuse for my English from the translator
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 4:56 PM
Not sure what you meant, sorry
Page 3 of 8