Replies: 1962 (Who?), Viewed: 308559 times.
Page 79 of 79
retired moderator
#1951 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 11:33 PM

I have more CAS in that game than I thought, and half a gig of hood deco! This is just the files for one neighbourhood, I have other setups with different CC so my overall CC useage is big, but not too bad for individual games. If I tried to stuff all of my CC in one Downloads folder then there would be about 2TB I think as I have several games going which use very different CC and mods!
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Field Researcher
#1952 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 12:53 AM
Total: 10.3 GB
Accessories: 21 MB
Build: 108 MB
Buy: 2.5 GB
Clothing: 324 MB
Default Replacements: 4.2 GB
Eyebrows/Facial Hair/Makeup: 87 MB
Hair: 2.92 GB
Hood Deco: 119 MB
Mods/Sliders: 35 MB

I also seem to have more than I thought.
I thought when I switched from alpha to maxis match and replaced all the hair & clothes in game and don't have additional skins or eyes that I'd be cutting way down because it'd all match so I'd need less stuff overall.

To be fair, my alpha downloads folder that I've stored away for safe keeping is 18.5 GB so I suppose I DID cut down Just, not as much as I thought I would have.
I blame Mikexx2's New Hair System for the hair, and idk how Buy got so big I'll need to investigate that because it doesn't seem like that much when I'm in game.
Lab Assistant
#1953 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 3:19 PM
I don't have folders in my downloads, because my game starts groaning and moaning at me when I do and some files don't seem to read correctly - but a quick overview of my slightly over 8 gb downloads folder tells me the bulk of it is hair and clothes. I didn't expect that! I've really tried to cut down, but I know if I see a pretty updo or clothing that looks warm and comfy I just have to have them. Especially stuff for male sims, since that is so hard to find. I also have some large build sets and all the add-ons I've found to the maxis furniture I use and taken together, all those weigh quite a bit. Mods and hacks - not so much. I have some necesseray stuff (like nounlinkondelete) and I have ACR, but I try to keep the game quite close to the original functions.
Scholar
#1954 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:56 PM
I don't have much CC, but I have tons of mods. I get worried that lots of CC would do me no good because I'd never find anything I want even with collections. The only CC I have are default replacements and stuff I needed for lots. Most of it is by Honeywell -- I love the bespoke set.
Field Researcher
#1955 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:01 PM
+65 000 I never thought of getting a such amount of cc , most of them are CAS items with zillions of recolours :s. (~ +20 Gb of data)and yes I clean my cc folder often but that doesn't help at all.
Field Researcher
#1956 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 11:26 PM
14.657 file
3,70 gb
1062 folders

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Field Researcher
#1957 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 8:46 PM
I'm building a new Downloads folder for actually playing + trying to do it with minimal custom content so I've only been downloading defaults for everything I wouldn't use otherwise and so far the folder for those files is: 303 Files, 776 MB. And I haven't even started downloading adult female replacements or hairs yet. ^^; I guess this folder will be just as big if not bigger than my other ones are...
Mad Poster
#1958 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:22 PM
OK I thought I had a lot but it's only 2.2GB and about 8k files

I am not a fan of thousands of recolours. In fact if something has too many recolours I usually get annoyed and delete it. I hate having to scroll through pages and pages of the same thing. The only thing I have over 60 recolours for is bedding, because I looooove bedding and I need variety.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#1959 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:56 PM
12'8 gb

Actually it seems little to me, when I was a teenager I had tons of cc. Hairstyles and clothes are the ones that make it so bulky, since I haven't downloaded many objects so far.
Field Researcher
#1960 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:22 AM
Mine was up to 18.3 Gb, but I've managed to pare it down in the last few weeks to:

2.97Gb
16.553 files
242 folders

Computer is happier now.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Field Researcher
#1961 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 9:01 AM
3,46 gb
12.607 file
946 folders.

I want to reduce it to 10.000 file but it isn't easy :D

Field Researcher
#1962 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 3:27 PM
I've managed to get back up to 10GB, but the majority of the bulk I think is probably objects and object recolors half of which I probably haven't actually used. Then probably hair. I don't have hardly any clothes. I was at 10.3 GB the last time I posted in here, I thought some new stuff would've made it go up but guess not yet.

10.3 GB
25,650 files
1,975 folders

I think it's sort of frowned upon to have folders inside of folders and all that, but I basically keep everything I download inside a folder of the rar/zip it comes in so it's its own thing, like so. No excuse to ever not be able to find something.
Example of inside of Downloads folder:

Example of inside Clothing-Multiage-Female-DeeDee folder:

Game takes probably around 15 minutes to start. I've never timed it - I always just do duolingo or watch youtube while it loads.
Field Researcher
#1963 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 11:34 PM
Spring (well, Summer) cleaning

10500 file
832 folders
3,33 gb.

Page 79 of 79