Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No 'zzZZ' while sleeping (Global Mod) - UPD 02mar2008

by Numenor Posted 8th Apr 2007 at 12:23 AM - Updated 10th May 2009 at 4:32 PM by Numenor : Tested with Apartment Life and Mansion&Garden

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Forum Resident
#51 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 12:40 PM
reminds me of a movie

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 11:38 PM
In my game the zzZZ are removed from the coffin, whether it is used by a vampire or a normal sim... Anyone else having problems with the coffins?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 4:19 PM
Ahh! This explains a lot...

Som "zzZZ" are "global", i.e. I can remove them from *all* the existing (Maxis and custom) objects with a single hack. Other zzZZ are "private", i.e. embedded in the single object, like the coffin: my hack can only remove the effect from the Maxis coffin, while any custom clone will still have the zzZZ.

As for the need to sell and re-buy the Maxis coffin, this may be needed, in some cases, in order to force the game to "realize" that the hack is now preventing the effect.

Thanks for the feedback

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 5:51 PM
Ive been looking for HOURS for something like this!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now i can get on with my damn movie! lol
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Tara883 : 30th Dec 2007 at 1:22 AM. Reason: Edit
I can't download the file - Has something happened or is my computer just having a fit?

Thanks for this anyway - Will be really helpful when I can download it!

Forget the things we swore we meant.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 8:43 PM
This was definitely needed. Any chance you could remove the sparkles from food?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:17 AM
I love this hack very much! Wishing for a Free Time version
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:44 PM
Hi Numenor!

I love your hack, but unfortunatly it causes a bug with the new expansion freetime. Every food disapears after cooking, when this mod is in the downloads-folder. I hope, you can fix this problem soon.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:57 PM
Thanks for reporting, I still couldn't check this mod against FreeTime.
I wonder what connection there may be between the "zzZZ" effect and the foods, but dealing with this game nothing can surprise me any more

However, please go on with your tests, just to be sure that it's this mod really to blame.
Have you tried to remove all the custom content except thi mod?

Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 6:08 PM
Hi Numenor, I have the same problem like Stev. When I put your mod out of my download folder, the food problem doesn't exist anymore. Greetz, Doc
Theorist
#64 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:03 AM
I also had this problem I have spent the past 2 hours going through ALL my downloads and testing all of them and this one was causeing the food issue and when I took it out I can serve the food just fine.
I even made a post on the bbs and people who tried it all say it works for them when they take it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:34 AM
Yeah, like everybody's said, I simply removed the file and cooking was functional again. I should be able to run tests with this hack as the only custom content tomorrow, but in the meantime, would you like an error log? I don't know if that's even helpful, but I thought I'd offer. :p
Field Researcher
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:27 AM Last edited by toriamos : 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:35 AM.
I took all my downloads out and use a sim in the new hood and starting to put hacks in one by one. When I put this one in alone they had stop getting the food, they can cook it just can serve it the food disappears then the sim jumps back. I know I thought it was strange that it affected the food too! I never would have thought this hack was causing this.

Just a thought I know that the sims could fall asleep while eating what that has to do with Freetime that is different I don't know.

Things that make you go Hmmm.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 9:53 AM
Default Thread Update!
02 MAR 2008 - UPDATE & BUGFIX
  • Fixed for FreeTime: Got rid of a conflict that caused a sim reset when most of the hobby activity (including cooking) were performed. Now the code is clean and perfectly compatible with FreeTime

Please download the updated mod from the first post.
-----------------------------------------------------

Stev84, Doc Jones, Y2kRobie, Daisie, toriamos: As you can read above, the problem was more serious than just cooked food disappearing; every time the sim performed an activity that increase his passion for a hobby (this includes cooking), the sim just had a "jump bug" because the game couldn't create the hobby icon over the sim's head. Now the problem is solved; thank you all for your valuable contribution!!!

Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:20 AM
FINALLY!!! Thanks so much. I can't live without this hack in my game, and I was really sad when that bug appeared with freetime.You're a genius!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:38 AM
Thanks Numenor, I did notice one of my sims did jump when I click to order photo's from the computer. Again thanks for fixing it so fast.
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:57 PM
The problem was so obvious with cooking, I didn't even test any other interaction. Thanks for fixing the mod that quick.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for the quick fix! It's really appreciated.

One small thing - you might want to change the thread title so no one overlooks the update, the way I almost did.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 2:20 AM
Oops! Thanks for reminding me -

Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:49 AM
Thank you very much!!!
Instructor
#74 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 8:14 AM
Thanks for the update! :D
Theorist
#75 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 3:56 AM
Thanks for the free time update
Page 3 of 5