Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 9:47 PM Last edited by TobyS28 : 9th Mar 2020 at 10:52 PM.
Default Remove shiny from TS3-Objects?
Hi community,

does someone out there know if there is an easy way to remove too much shine from objects? Some downloadable objects appear like glas or something, so they cannot be used like this. On the picture the right sink, for example.

I'm hoping for a simple solution to just change a value in S3PE? Or does that modification mean to modify the DDS or the texture or the object itsself with milkshape or something? I have just a little experience with S3PE so far, still learning...

Thank you in advance,
TobyS28
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 6:14 AM
Hmmmm this seems like an issue with the object’s specular. It’s probably white or too close to white. If that’s the case then you would need to export the DDS image (I use TSRW but it may work with s3pe) and open it up in either photoshop or gimp to make adjustments.

I usually completely desaturate the image, then play around with the brightness levels until I get a grey somewhere around R136, G136, B136. Hopefully that’ll fix the shininess for you.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 3:22 PM
You could also use cmomoney's blender tools to bake the specular, if you import the mesh into blender. Then you can import the new dds into the package file
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th May 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
You could also use cmomoney's blender tools to bake the specular, if you import the mesh into blender. Then you can import the new dds into the package file

Hi there.
Thank for the answer .
Is there any alternative blender tools? Or is it best to use this particular software package?
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 8th May 2020 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HubertYoung
Hi there.
Thank for the answer .
Is there any alternative blender tools? Or is it best to use this particular software package?

Not sure if there are others but cmomomoney's EZ bake Blender Tools are super easy for baking speculars. You just need to do image>invert>invert alpha, and when you save as dds, select DXT5 (with alpha) for the specular.