Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 12:47 AM
Default How to import Store items into TSRW for modding?
Hey there, first time poster. I'm also still fairly new to making CC. Sorry if this isn't the best place to post, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try.
Anyway, I'd like to use an item from the Indulgent Bakery set from the sims 3 store (one of the baking racks; I want to change the look of it without loosing whatever it is that stops food placed there from going bad while sitting out), but I seem to be having trouble getting the file into TSRW. When downloading the set from TS3 website, it downloads as a bundle in one sims3pack file, so I used a software (Delphy Sims3Pack Multi Installer) to extract packages and isolate the item I wanted. When I tried importing it into TSRW, I keep getting an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This is odd, because I've only ever seen this error when I forget to set the game files path. I tried searching google, but most of the forum posts I came across with this issue were for that same reason as well. Also, importing other packages and sims3packs seems to work with no problem, but any of the packages extracted from the store bundles won't go.
I've also tried searching around to see if anyone else ran into problems with modding store content, and I found a few threads (here and here ) which included softwares/scripts that are supposed to decrypt the store sims3packs (I'm guessing the encryption is what's causing the error in TSRW?) but none of them mention specifically how to use the softwares once you have them. Also, there seems to be quite some disagreement on which ones are actually needed, since there are multiple suggestions and links. I've tried using the TS3 Recompressor , which claims to fix the sims 3 store files, but didn't seem to help (although, like I said, I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to do based off of what people were saying in threads. It's fairly possible that I misunderstood something)

So far, its been a hassle and I'm getting frustrated. I mostly want to get the file into TSRW so I can export the mesh as an OBJ for use in Blender. Is there any other way to get store content files into TSRW without the error message always popping up? Any advice would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 2:32 PM
Store packages (which are of course stored inside the sims3pack, since sims3packs are really just ts3's 'zip files' in a way ) are different from the game's package. Not too difficult though! it's just the header bit if we're really going as far as bytes talking. 

So I think what's going on is that you need to 'decrapifying' the package first: https://sims.jfade.com/index.php-ca...0&subcat=5.html
First you want to run it through the decrapifying program I linked, and then Delphy's sims3pack multi installer. 

Second approach you could do is:
 - First, start with extracting the sims3pack as a package with Delphy's sims3pack multi installer.
 - Then, use the decrapifying tool.

I do realise it's the same method but the other way around :p but sometimes applying the decrapifying on the package itself rather than the sims3pack does the job
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 5:04 PM
Thank you so much, that actually worked! Not sure why it hadn't occurred to me to try running the package through on its own honestly, but thank you for suggesting it. Seems to have done the trick.