Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#30526 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 10:10 PM
going to be installing my Sims2 on new Windows11. Question-- I will be installing Tarlia's hoods in the C drive ; am I correct that I don't need to use patches?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#30527 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 11:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Nov 2022 at 11:42 PM.
^ No. The patches do bugfixes for the game/EP files, so it has nothing to do with which hoods you use.

--

You need the EP patches for installing disc versions. You don't need patches for the original Origin version (or the EA app?) of the UC (it comes pre-patched, minus buggy Holiday files).

No idea about any other supposed versions of the UC (arr'd) - they could be the full collection of discs but marked as the UC, or a version of the UC. If any of the collection discs have been used, the setup can look somewhat similar to the UC.

The UC and a full collection of discs are for the most part the same deal when you play, but there are some differences in the setup.
Test Subject
#30528 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 12:52 AM
If I have three universities and I only generated dormies for one of them, will those dormies be shared so to speak across those three universities? And are the professors also shared across multiple universities?
Field Researcher
#30529 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AwooWolfWoof
If I have three universities and I only generated dormies for one of them, will those dormies be shared so to speak across those three universities? And are the professors also shared across multiple universities?

Yes! As long as they're added to the same main hood.
Test Subject
#30530 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 4:14 AM
Is it alright to just put the N001 folder of the clean template of Plesantview directly into the \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ folder after deleting the present N001 folder there or should I delete the whole EA Games folder and place the templates' N001 folder into the installation directory and let the game generate the whole folder again? I do have the clean and empty neighborhood templates installed.
Theorist
#30531 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 7:43 PM
It's enough to just remove the N001 from your Documents\...\Neighborhoods.

If you want to have your game automatically generate the clean template once you swap out your saves, you can also then put the N001 to the Program Files\...\UserData\Neighborhoods.
Alchemist
#30532 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwooWolfWoof
Is it alright to just put the N001 folder of the clean template of Plesantview directly into the \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ folder after deleting the present N001 folder there or should I delete the whole EA Games folder and place the templates' N001 folder into the installation directory and let the game generate the whole folder again? I do have the clean and empty neighborhood templates installed.

As Topp indicated most people do just put it in their Neighborhoods folder and rename the install N001 to something like N001bak to prevent the townies generating from there, but there is a thing where Storytelling for the three basegame hoods needs to be generated from install to work properly. I don't use Storytelling, but if you do and find it does not work, you might try this.
Lab Assistant
#30533 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 10:19 PM
Could having one of my Sims have a baby with the Grim Reaper (via Insimenator's Grimpregnation option) corrupt the game? I was tempted to do so with one of my forever single sims (approaching elder) but wasn't sure if involving the Grim Reaper indirectly would also cause issues. I know not to spawn the Reaper in the lot for sure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30534 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampDeLeon
Could having one of my Sims have a baby with the Grim Reaper (via Insimenator's Grimpregnation option) corrupt the game? I was tempted to do so with one of my forever single sims (approaching elder) but wasn't sure if involving the Grim Reaper indirectly would also cause issues. I know not to spawn the Reaper in the lot for sure.

That's fine so long as you don't make him selectable or change him in any way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30535 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 1:01 AM
Default always confused
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
YYou double-click the patch file and select the EXE file you want to fix. It's not a patch like the TS2 patches.

I've put my M&G EXE file back into its orignal place, and it works fine there. Same with the Bodyshop file - it's in the original place. For me that works fine.

I moved the exe to Pets...can't actually install or run it so still at a loss

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30536 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

@grammapat Are you trying to apply the 4GB patch? Are you running Ultimate Collection or all EPs/SPs? If so then you patch the M&G exe.
Mad Poster
#30537 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@grammapat Are you trying to apply the 4GB patch? Are you running Ultimate Collection or all EPs/SPs? If so then you patch the M&G exe.

I'm running disc, but can't install any pack created after 2007 - that's why I didn't try to install it in M&G.

Mad Poster
#30538 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 5:43 AM

If you're running Bon Voyage as your latest (other help topic), you don't need to patch Pets, or move anything to the Pets folder. You only need to patch the EXE file you currently start the game from (the highest EP in most cases), so "Sims2EP6.EXE" for BV.

Pets is EP4, Seasons is EP5, both are lower than BV.

When you figure out how to install the other packs, you patch M&G.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30539 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 10:20 AM
I'm running disc, but can't install any pack created after 2007 - that's why I didn't try to install it in M&G.

@grammapat You need grumpy loader:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....458#post4051458
Run the grumpy loader, then use it to patch your basegame and all EPs. Then you can install the other EPs without the update error. When you have all installed you can get a cracked exe for M&G and apply the 4gb patch to that.
Field Researcher
#30540 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 9:13 AM
Did the forum's font size get bigger since I was last here? In the topic list, anyway, the text looks bigger and bolder. I think I was here earlier this year, but I got sidetracked by other games and got sick for the whole month of February, or was it March? Anyway...

If you download new graphics drivers, you don't have to change the graphics rules for The Sims 2, right? Same card, same resolution, same computer, same installation... I just updated the graphics driver for the first time since 2019. Hard to believe I've had this PC for that long. Time flies.
Forum Resident
#30541 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 2:01 PM
I'm wondering about the forum's font size too. Has it changed somehow?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30542 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 2:34 PM
I was wondering about the font size too, my frontpage is messed up.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=672173
Mad Poster
#30543 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 4:52 PM
The Dreamwidth defaults database isn't showing up in Google searches anymore for me. Anyone else getting this? I had to find it in a roundabout way by using a search result where someone commented on it and provided a link.
Scholar
#30544 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 11:15 PM
Is there a way to reset the thumbnails in Body Shop?
Mad Poster
#30545 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 11:37 PM
^ Delete the cigen.package file.
Forum Resident
#30546 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 10:42 PM Last edited by foxmanic : 19th Nov 2022 at 10:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The Dreamwidth defaults database isn't showing up in Google searches anymore for me. Anyone else getting this? I had to find it in a roundabout way by using a search result where someone commented on it and provided a link.

Seems that it indeed isn't showing up in the google search results, at least not on the first page, how weird. I wonder if their recent maintenance has something to do with it since even after adding the 'dreamwidth' word to the search I only found the GoS thread linking to it. But the address is https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org just bookmark it?

Edit: Hm, it seems that all other search engines I tested could find it just fine by searching for "Sims 2 default database" except for any Google based ones. I reported it to Dreamwidth just in case if something on their site is preventing Google from indexing the sites there, hopefully they'll figure it out or can contact Google to fix the issue.
Mad Poster
#30547 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 4:40 PM
I have broken my greys somehow. They show up in the binned elder bin with one grey for each family, as I had accepted would be the best that I could do. But I just discovered that they have been copied to the custom elder bin as well, with a grey for each hair colour. Is there any way to delete them from just the custom bin without having to go all the way back to backups?
Mad Poster
#30548 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 10:44 PM
I'm sure someone has asked this before-but: I have a bunch of clothes in my medieval game that do not show up in the clothing section when I'm picking them out for a pixel-evidently they've lost their meshes and do not exist any more. (from the Insim clothing tool)

How do I get rid of them? From bodyshop directly? I don't have names for them in the tool tips, so that's a useless source of information-evidently the meshes got misplaced but I have no idea where they've gone.

All I have when I look at them while picking them out is the default Maxis clothing style.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#30549 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm sure someone has asked this before-but: I have a bunch of clothes in my medieval game that do not show up in the clothing section when I'm picking them out for a pixel-evidently they've lost their meshes and do not exist any more. (from the Insim clothing tool)

How do I get rid of them? From bodyshop directly? I don't have names for them in the tool tips, so that's a useless source of information-evidently the meshes got misplaced but I have no idea where they've gone.

All I have when I look at them while picking them out is the default Maxis clothing style.

My preferred way of dealing with these items is to run any files I'm unsure of through the tooltip tool and then have a look in Bodyshop. That way I can also see if there are any other items left behind in the same folders, or if the items had the wrong meshes included. Sometimes, all that's needed is the correct mesh.

https://modthesims.info/t/321239
(tick the box to change name for those that already have a tooltip, and choose the filename).
Mad Poster
#30550 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My preferred way of dealing with these items is to run any files I'm unsure of through the tooltip tool and then have a look in Bodyshop. That way I can also see if there are any other items left behind in the same folders, or if the items had the wrong meshes included. Sometimes, all that's needed is the correct mesh.

https://modthesims.info/t/321239
(tick the box to change name for those that already have a tooltip, and choose the filename).

Actually, I spoke too soon-I opened up Body Shop ,found the missing items tool tips. They did have them after all-they don't show up in any other place than BS.
But now I'm looking for the meshes-because I've found out what they are. Asked over at PBK, seeing if anyone knows where to find them. Then I'll decide whether or not to delete the stubs.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 1222 of 1339