Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 3:26 PM
The Sims 1 Sound Breaking Issue
So before everything was fine, just today sound in my game is breaking almost all the time. Can someone help me, please?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Corylea : 16th Nov 2022 at 5:09 PM.
You haven't really given us enough information to help you.

1. What exactly is the sound doing?

2. What operating system are you playing on?

3. Do you have the disks, or are you using The Complete Collection?

I notice that you were here earlier asking about downloads for the game. Did you move or alter any sound files while you were downloading? Were any of your new downloads something that messed with the sound files? Are all of your downloads intended for the version of the game you have?

If I were you, I would take out all of the mods I'd just added and try the game without any mods. If the sound works okay, then you know the problem is a mod. To find out WHICH mod is the problem, divide your mods in half. Add half of the mods to the game and try it. If the sound still works, then you know the problem is in one of the others. If the sound breaks, then you know that it's one of the mods in this half that's the problem.

Keep dividing your set of mods in half until you've found the problem mod and delete it.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html