Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 2:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashing in community lots
I'm fed up with my game. I have 4gb patch and graphic rules and my game crashes even on the smallest community lots. My sims can't spend more than a hour on a lot. I have this problem since I reinstalled my game. I used to have it in the past but I remember fixing it with a 4gb patch. I have no idea what to do now. I'll show my game mods folder and I want to add that I recently downloaded neighborhood decorations mostly from Criquette if it means something.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 2:51 PM
If you've put a lot of neighborhood deco in the hood, or downloaded any replacement NH deco with improved LODs for NH view - Just as an experiment, try turning off neighborhood deco, turn view distance to medium or low, and neighbors off, and see if any of that improves the crashing. If it does, it could be the lot imposters and LODs are a bit too heavy on your system.

If you've installed any mods that requires adding any of these cheats to your UserStartup, that could also have an effect:

uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 120
uintProp dontMergeNHFlora false
boolProp displayNeighborhoodFlora true

(especially if you use NH deco - the NH skies and lot skies visible from lot view sometimes have the first one as a requirement)

---

The issue could also be related to too many visiting sims, especially if you have mods that increase it, or use this cheat (same or different number)

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20

If your sims and/or townies use a lot of CC, high-poly items and items with a lot of textures included can also turn out to be a bit too much for the game, especially if a lot of sims visit at the same time. If you use default replacements for townies, you'll want to make sure these items aren't too heavy on the system.

---

It could also be the setup for RAM mamagement needs some fine-tuning, that the game does manage regular lots, but staggers to a halt and crashes when you play community lots with more things going on. Have you checked in the log file that the game has access to 4 GB?