Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #23: Souvenir Cabinet - *FIXED 18JUNE* - REDOWNLOAD!

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2006 at 12:52 AM - Updated 18th Jun 2006 at 11:03 PM by Numenor

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Instructor
#26 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:29 AM
darn! oh well....

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:29 AM
darn! oh well....Thanks for the info!
hugs,
skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 9:21 AM
i bow to thee o great one,,,now if it would be possible to get it in white to match my interior design.....<<wink wink hint hint to recolor masters>>>>lol
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 9:59 AM
Brilliant, and will be in my sim homes asap
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Instructor
#30 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 10:38 AM
Thank you!!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 10:47 AM
Maybe it could be from the next expansion pack...
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 12:18 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Thanks shakes and Num!! Waggles in answer to your question - they had to leave out the stylish, desireable meshes so they could leave in the hideous ones that match their equally disgusting wallpapers and carpets of course!!

I agree-no offence maxis but WHY IN THE NAME OF THE CROSS AT THE TOP OF THIS WINDOW DID YOU LEAVE ALL THE GOOD STUFF OUT! there! thats better! now i can make my sims kick something random. :D

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 1:28 PM
Our PapaSim, Numenor. Thank you again and I can't wait for that lamp, very interesting.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Instructor
#35 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 1:55 PM
Thank You Shakeshaft and Numenor nice job!!!!!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Alchemist
#36 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 2:29 PM
Some days carry gifts and other only disappointing facts. This is a very good day.
Thank you Numenor and Shakeshaft, your team working brings us a beautyful item.
The lamp also is cool, good strategy letting us have a look of your future upload (do you work in MKTG, Numenor?).
Thanks again. Bravissimi.
Kiss and ciao.
Inventor
#37 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 2:59 PM
Looks great! Thanks a lot both Numenor and Shakeshaft!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 3:03 PM
very cool find! .... cant wait for the lamp .....
Field Researcher
#39 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 4:46 PM
I love all the lost&found items that you have found or found and + fixed so it works. I can't wait for the lamp!!

I also like all the hacks and stuff you've done !

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 4:51 PM
Me and my silly questions.. but where is that nice floor in the pictures from...?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 6:34 PM
Did the items displayed come with the cabinet? Can I remove them and place something else inside?
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:12 PM Last edited by niol : 17th Jun 2006 at 7:24 PM. Reason: My bad, terrible typos
Probably, when TS2 was being developed, TS1 and its series of EP were used as a major central "skeleton". Like the plasma TV, piano, karaoke, bubble-maker, etc... and even EPs NL and OFB, these objests and themes are related to the ideas used in TS1.

A nice cabinet like this left out sounds a waste. Although certain decisions were made to drop certain things, it'd be a good idea to have it as a decorative anyway if Maxis could release it.

Thanks for the good find, shakeshaft , and tons of thanks for Numenor getting it work...
It looks great near the "dim". How to get that, too? :D

Lol, Just kidding for the last Q...:P
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:55 PM
Thanks Numenor for taking the time and having the patience to put the cabinet together...it looks great.

Andrea :D
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 8:46 PM
QUOTE:
"I agree-no offence maxis but WHY IN THE NAME OF THE CROSS AT THE TOP OF THIS WINDOW DID YOU LEAVE ALL THE GOOD STUFF OUT!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When modders find these Lost & Found objects/hairstyles, it can be just as thrilling as a new EP coming out! Great job Shakeshaft and Numenor!

I think this is all a part of Maxis'/EA's plan...it certainly keeps the game interesting and fresh...The execs probably decide, "Let's leave them a little something to find and work on later.." It keeps everyone buying the EP's, it keeps the modders busy.

I don't know how many posts I read after that beautiful Carousel was found, of players saying they wanted to buy the EP just so they could have that Carousel.

These objects could be the "surprises" Maxis always talks about before an EP is released.

This is just my opinion. I love it!

--green
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 9:32 PM
I am surprised these "lost and found" items aren't on the official site. You know when they update with new items for the sims like that alienware computer? I was liking the mask as well, maybe I will buy ffs. What all else is there as far as items go? Also, how do you go about looking for these "lost and found" items in the game files? Just curious, unless like any great magician, you don't want us to know your secret. Haha

excellent job, as always.
Amber

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Forum Resident
#46 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:36 AM
wow thisa pretty neat thanks

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:10 AM
Great find! Thanks a lot Numenor
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:32 AM
Thanks, as always you never let us down and find the most unique items.
Instructor
#49 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:07 AM
It seems that the next EP will be definitively "Vacation"
I found a "Voleyball" set lost in objects package. I hope it is not completed at all since this same object had caused me so many trouble in TS1 that I simply never used it.
I suppose the cabinet will be completed sooner or later.
Thanks for the object anyway. I like the textures.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:49 AM
Wheee, gorgeous, thx alot
Page 2 of 5