Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #23: Souvenir Cabinet - *FIXED 18JUNE* - REDOWNLOAD!

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2006 at 12:52 AM - Updated 18th Jun 2006 at 11:03 PM by Numenor

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:18 PM
Thank you! Looks great. I'm curious about the lamp. Upload it!!!! Pleeeease!

http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/91787.gif

....(\__/).....
..>(^.^)<...
....(')_(').....
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:00 PM
Great work Numour your work still amazes me!

If anyone knows what to put along the 'custom content' option when uploading projects PM ME!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monte
i bow to thee o great one,,,now if it would be possible to get it in white to match my interior design.....<<wink wink hint hint to recolor masters>>>>lol

Monte I have made a white recolor here - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...threadid=166897 and will be posting more colors tonight
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:23 PM
theres to many "lost and found" objects you "found". i'm not calling you a liar, but do you have any proof?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elenee
Me and my silly questions.. but where is that nice floor in the pictures from...?
It's from Open for Business, I guess... It's NOT a custom floor anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Timin2101
Did the items displayed come with the cabinet? Can I remove them and place something else inside?

No, as said in the first post, the cabinet is purely decorative and you can't place anything on it; the objects are part of the cabinet mesh and can't be removed.

Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
I found a "Voleyball" set lost in objects package.
It's an object that (if I remember well) is shown in the CAS or YACAS screen, so it's not a "lost" object.

Quote: Originally posted by someone2
theres to many "lost and found" objects you "found". i'm not calling you a liar, but do you have any proof?

Yes Open the "Objects03.package" file from the base game, and you will find a GMDC called "sculptureSouvenirCabinet_gmdc" that contains the mesh for this cabinet.
For other Lost and Found items is even easier, because (unlike this cabinet), my packages do not contain any mesh: it just "calls" the original mesh contained in the game files.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Yes Open the "Objects03.package" file from the base game, and you will find a GMDC called "sculptureSouvenirCabinet_gmdc" that contains the mesh for this cabinet.
For other Lost and Found items is even easier, because (unlike this cabinet), my packages do not contain any mesh: it just "calls" the original mesh contained in the game files.

ok.... i wonder why maxis didn't put these in. mabye they forgot?

i suck at simpe. all the numbers and junk is like jibberish to me >.>
Field Researcher
#57 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:56 PM
You truly are The ModFather. This is great, thanks.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:06 PM
Default Thread Update
Maxis "Lost & Found" #23
SOUVENIR CABINET

UPDATED and FIXED 18 JUNE 2006 - Please REDOWNLOAD

18 June 2006 - BUGFIX: when selecting the cabinet from the Buy Mode catalog, two additional icons (with white texture) were displayed, in addition to the normal two ones. Please redownload (the fixed version will overwrite the older one). All existing recolours made by other users will still work fine.

18 June 2006 - UPDATE: I told you, I'm not very good at creating textures Therefore MaryLou created for us two much better looking default textures, with proper 3D effects and shadows: they are now included in the cabinet package and replaced the older one. Another good reason to redownload!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 1:01 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post a fix! I noticed the problem this morning!

Thanks again!

BD
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 5:00 AM
Good stuff Numenor. I can't wait for that lamp, so frickin' awesome.

Sims 2 Stuff by Ben Harris, Profile + Terms of Use!
Scholar
#61 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 11:19 AM
thanks for the update,
got it

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 12:32 PM
How do you find all this lost and found stuff? I really would like to know. Oh yeh and I love the cabinet.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 1:35 PM
Lately - I have to admit - most of the Lost&Found objects were reported to me by other users. But, in general, I often browse the game files (i.e. the objectsXX.package located in the game dir) for othor purposes, and sometimes I find by chance a mesh or a texture that I've never seen in game.

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:48 PM
Ooo, thank you! And I'll be watching out for that lamp. That looks smashing.

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 7:07 PM
Numenor, I love the cabinet but I seem to be having a problem now that I downloaded the updated version and was wondering if you could help? Whenever I make a recolor now, it replaces any other recolor. For example....I made a white recolor...works fine, then I made a steel recolor, added it to the game, and it replaced the white one I had made. Same goes for any further recolors I make. Even the darker wood texture the mesh comes with is gone, only the lighter wood shows. So at any given time I can only get the light wood, and one recolor to show. I will include a zip of the updated mesh I downloaded and my 3 recolors......could you possibly have a look at them quickly ans see if it's something I am doing wrong?

Thanks A Bunch, Samantha
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Recolors_Mesh.zip (1.20 MB, 13 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 9:30 PM
Samanthamas - No, no, you made it completely wrong... When you want to *recolour* something, you have to use SimPE's Object Workshop, as explained in this tutorial; on the contrary, you have created several identical copies of the original object, including the mesh end everything, and obviously each new "recolour" (that is actually a clone, not a recolour) overrides the previous ones...

Follow the tutorial above, but be carefult at Step 2: instead of clicking "Start", as suggested by the tutorial, click "Open...", and load the original cabinet file. Then proceed as explained in the tutorial.

Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 12:31 AM
Erm.

Where's the pretty mask from? :lovestruc

(Thank you for the shelves!)

Nitwit. Oddment. Blubber. Tweak.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 1:52 AM
DUH! lol Thanks Numenor!
I always use Object workshop to recolor, but for some reason this time I just double clicked the package file and opened it in SimPE, exported, etc. I wasn't even thinking!! I think my brain has gone on vacation the last couple of weeks! Good news is I saved the textures so it will only take me a few minutes to redo them

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 7:07 AM
Awesome! Thank you!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WarpedMagenta
Where's the pretty mask from?
It's from the Family Fun Stuff pack.

Scholar
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 1:10 AM
Its wonderful,once more,Numenor.
P.S I am sure that if -unfortunatly- one day Maxis himself would be lost,you would find him!
Thanks so much for uploading all your wonderful objects.
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 12:23 AM
This cabinet was not for a ep it was for the original game there is a screenshot of it because im looking at it right now.
it the early version of it
http://www.simszone.de/php_inc/scre...reenshot195.jpg

Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that ya are I am your biggest Fan............
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 8:14 AM
I know, I've written in the first post that the cabinet was found into the base game files...
Thanks for the screenshot! What a pity, Maxis didn't leave that beautiful texture in the files...

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 7:53 AM Last edited by ThatsJyri : 17th Jul 2006 at 12:58 PM.
It's just what I needed! Thank you! And btw, it is really is a "Maxis Lost and Found". Look carefully what's behind that lady's back:
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:55 PM Last edited by megsimple : 21st Jul 2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling
I bet the lamp will be part of the new wonderfully humorous flinstones set by the ever so creative MOD Squad!!!!!!!! If I'm wrong then please tell where????

My Avatar was made by the wonderful people of SIMply elau using one of my own sims.
Page 3 of 5