Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #23: Souvenir Cabinet - *FIXED 18JUNE* - REDOWNLOAD!

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2006 at 12:52 AM - Updated 18th Jun 2006 at 11:03 PM by Numenor

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:10 AM
Good guess

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 10:52 AM
thank you thank you...now what to delete to make room for the entire set!!!!!!

My Avatar was made by the wonderful people of SIMply elau using one of my own sims.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:25 PM
Oh my goodness, I just noticed that that is the lmap from the The SimStones pack, wow that was in development a long time.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 7:44 PM
Oww! Nice work indeed, Numenor!
Test Subject
#80 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 1:39 AM Last edited by Megas3300 : 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:48 PM.
Accually I noticed the cabnet in the backround in one of the scenes on the sims cooking channel. Its in the mini show where the old lady sets her stove on fire. Intresting. Great work Numenor. See the screen shot
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 11:55 PM
Default Help!
receive error message - file corrupt, end of archive messages. Attempted 3 times, and third time was not the charm. Anyone else having this problem in downloading this file?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 9:17 AM
I've checked in this very moment, and it works.
The file is OK, maybe retrying in a different time of the day will help.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#83 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 9:18 PM
I was looking around in the archives on snootysims.com and they had a few pics that maxis had released before the base game was even released. I think I found a few pics of the Souvenir Cabinet with maxis textures. Here they are:
http://snootysims.com/news/official/official112.jpg
and then there's this one too
http://snootysims.com/news/official/official114.jpg
I just thought you guys might want to know, I thought it was kind of interesting.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:09 PM
Yes, the original texture is quite nice... I'd like to "find" that potted plant, too!

Instructor
#85 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:49 AM
Fantastic! It looks like the kind of furniture pieces my mother always stares at longingly in stores. If only we had more space!
I do love that lamp too!
Thank you so much for making this!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:57 AM
The lamp is from the Simstone set, if you are interested in it.

Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The lamp is from the Simstone set, if you are interested in it.

The one under the mask?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 1:10 AM
Yes, that one, with the fire burning. It's one of the lamps included in the Simstone set (very suggestive, if I can say it myself )

Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:15 PM
Sweet indeed!! Thanks! And yes... about the flaming lamp?? Where for art thou flaming lamp? :P

Edit: Oh nevermind You answered it as I was writing my question LOL

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:03 PM
This could be a handy decoration!!! Thanks for fixing it!!!
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:56 PM
These are cool.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#92 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 6:38 AM
Now I finally have got a FFS and glad I can use all FFS hidden-found objects due to your skills thank you

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 8:47 PM
This looks awesome! By the way, is there a thread containing all of the "Lost and Found" items?
Test Subject
#94 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:55 PM
Awsome! more lovely stuff for my houses so my sims can bragg about!! Love it! Thank you Marylou, Shakeshaft and Numenor!

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

-Dr. Seuss
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Numenor : 26th Oct 2008 at 9:09 AM. Reason: Feedback post
Is this stuff technically cc? I wanna use the shelf in a lot but I want no cc.

RSS ROOLZ!!!!!!www.youtube.com/jakepolo1
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 9:27 AM
A very interesting question...
There isn't a clear, unique answer to this question, but I can be more specific if I understand why a user (not only you, but any simmer) may think "I don't want custom content". What can annoy or worry a user, when dealing with custom content?
  1. Custom content appears in the catalog with the asterisk and can be deleted from the catalog.
    In this case, yes, this cabinet is "custom content" and will have the asterisk; possible solution: install the package NOT in the Downloads, but in a game installation folders, like [Program Files]\EA Games\The Sims 2\Res\Data\Sims3D.
  2. Custom content is exported along with the lots.
    This cabinet will be exported along with the lots, like all the other custom content; possible solution: the same as #1, or delete the package from the sims2pack using Clean Installer.
  3. Custom content may alter the general behaviour of the game or, in worse cases, break the game, make a lot unloadable, cause "jump bugs".
    Under this point of view, this cabinet is absolutely as safe as all the custom content that is NOT a "global" mod/hack. The parts that I had to rebuild, because were missing from the game files, can't possibly make this cabinet become a "global" mod.
    Here at MTS2, all the custom content that contains "global" modifications to the game is confined in the special "Game Modifications" section of the Downloads area; here, we are in the "Decorative" section, that is surely the safest area possible.

Test Subject
#97 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 10:36 PM Last edited by rhino3300 : 7th Nov 2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Sorry left small statement out
Thanks this is just what I've been looking for, now my sims can store all their love letters, diplomas etc. without using a single tile end table for each
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 12:35 AM
I'm afraid you will be disappointed. This cabinet already comes with a pre-made content, and can't contain other objects.

Forum Resident
#99 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:34 PM
Awesome!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#100 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:00 AM
mmm that light is very tempting I will sure look out for the download and these cabinets are lovely thanks
Page 4 of 5