Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
#101 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:11 PM
I can see 88 exp and stuff packs and all are made to be compatible with basegame mainly. In my mind I have a queue of 88 crashes and potential disasters, but of cause EA don't care. They never manage to fix all the bugs anyway. I have bought only exp lately, I have to do some harsh choices
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I don't understand what you mean. I have Late Night clubs in every world I play.

Finding room for all nine lot types feels like playing Twister. EA has added 30 new community lot types since the base game was released. I wish they added 30 markers instead so that we could stack types on lots.
Alchemist
#103 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:07 PM
Playing Twister - hahaha.
Scholar
#104 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Finding room for all nine lot types feels like playing Twister. EA has added 30 new community lot types since the base game was released. I wish they added 30 markers instead so that we could stack types on lots.

Oh, I don't bother with all 9 types, that's craziness. Got a mod that enables all foods/drinks at all bars. I generally put in a dance club and a dive. I don't bother with anything exclusive, it's hard enough getting sims to the Clubs.
Alchemist
#105 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:37 PM
Got a mod that enables all foods/drinks at all bars.
What mod is that, pretty please?
Field Researcher
#106 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:37 PM

I used this

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=490781

Then buried nearly all the rabbit holes in the basement of this park (moveobjects). This left room for everything. I tried as best as I could to make it somewhat look like Underground Atlanta (except with levels).
I used the other tile that looks somewhat like grass and created picnic areas, smaller parks, etc underground. Worked fine except I had to remove some of the taller trees that stuck through the floor and
exchanged for shrubs and small trees. I call it my town in a 64x64. Makes even the smallest world playable.
Scholar
#107 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Periandre : 13th Jan 2013 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bluegenjutsu's Better Bars mod (multiple flavors) available at Sims Asylum (registration required).

There is another at MTS that just makes the drinks available at all bars. But I haven't used that one.
Alchemist
#108 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:54 PM
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 11:53 PM
The bar mods do nothing for bandsuck.
Scholar
#110 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:06 AM
The bar mods do nothing for bandsuck.

Just curious, how many places do bands need to perform at?
Mad Poster
#111 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:02 AM
For a small world project that was created for another simmer, I made a town center on a 50x50 lot, with the town hall, school, grocery store, bookstore, bistro, business and a central park. Built buildings on it that can be used for other activities, although the lot works best as "visitors allowed". All the RHs are in the basement with a network to each other underground, many ways for sims to enter and exit. I use it when my worlds get crowded, I need more space for all the things that will allow my sims to play out their jobs, or opportunities. Also learned that I don't need over 160 sims to live in my worlds, learned to stop creating and dropping all my sim families in the world at one time. Space out the time to drop new families.

I need to get that mod that allows all food and drinks at any bar, then I can reduce how many bars are in the world. I want whatever RH that allows sims to take classes in my home world. Hope I can.

EDIT: Now I want to try an underground, something like mentioned aboved, representing Atlanta or Indianapolis. Just wondering what to include and what venue to place the lot, would like to include some of the Showtime stuff in there, but can't name them all one venue type for the lot.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#112 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:12 AM
Now more than ever, I miss Jynx. I'm surprised no one has ever reverse-engineered his rabbithole doors/rugs. I don't have that skill (before someone suggests I do it).

The way UL is set up, from what I've seen so far, I'm concerned that even if the RH was in the town, the game would not recognize the Sim as attending college since the college admission/travel system was not engaged.

Well, what do we all usually say at this juncture...
Top Secret Researcher
#113 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:58 AM Last edited by zigersimmer : 14th Jan 2013 at 3:12 PM.

Six, the three bar types and the three lounge types. The clubs (disco, dance, and poolside) are not needed for bands. While EA did modify the Showtime professions to be able to use Late Night venues (which helps with lot creep), the reverse is not true. Late Night bands are the red headed stepchildren. Hey, that will be the name of my next bandsuck!

Edit: See 'Disagree' count for the number of people willing to show off their Late Night ignorance
Alchemist
#114 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 3:02 AM

The different bar types offer different gigs for bands at different levels. If playing a band is a big enough deal to you, then you want a good variety of bars in your town.
You could get away with just one dive bar and have your band play as many gigs as you could get there, while supplementing their income by busking. If you only had higher level bars, your band couldn't get gigs at all until they brought up the band career through playing for tips.
If you find playing bands just sucks too hard to bother, you can completely remove the stages and instruments from your bars and only place the venues you need for your Sim's entertainment needs. That's what I do. I prefer just having a dive bar, a dance club, and one exclusive lounge that's made to resemble a hotel with bedroom suites. If you don't put in bouncer ropes, the 'exclusive' is just a label, anyone can get in.
With all the sports equipment we've got lately, I recently have added a sports club that's tagged as a sports bar, and does have a bar. It also has a driving range, soccer and basketball court.
There are no stages for bands or SHT careers in any of my venues. But that's me.
Mad Poster
#115 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:05 PM
I love the idea of the sports bar with all types of sport activities. Sadly they would have to be indoors, a little rain fall and all my Sims go home.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#116 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I love the idea of the sports bar with all types of sport activities. Sadly they would have to be indoors, a little rain fall and all my Sims go home.

My Sims tend to go inside the bar when it rains.
I also used the seasonal marker to turn the basketball court into an ice skating rink during the winter, while removing the golf and soccer.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
You guys probably already know this, but there isn't any real ways to control Sims underwater. Beneath the seas surface is a void of flat polygons and the color of the water. That is all. There's no way tp have actual playability there, unless they load up a sea world or something. It's another rabbit hole adventure kind of thing when you sit back and they tell you what your Sim is doing. At least you can get rewards back from it.

So, yeah, every town will have a sunken ships in it's waters- even Riverview.

When I first installed Seasons, I took a Sim down to the sea to see her swim. While she was standing on the beach, I clicked on a near-by island (in Sunlit Tides) and my Sim walked across the bottom of the inlet, about 20ft. down, then back up to the island. Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate this after that first patch.
So, I think that the flat polygons are only at the surface.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 4:12 PM
Use Create-a-World, make a lake and turn the water off. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#119 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 11:36 PM
I am very excited for the upcoming expansion packs. I am most interested in how EA will be making the boats.
Hopefully there won't be too many routing errors with the boats. I'm curious with how we will be making a house boat. Would it be similar to placing a lot, but we have the boat's base instead?

I am also hoping we get usable docks as well. We have ones for decoration in CAW, but it would be nice to have docks the sims could walk and fish on as well.

Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Maybe they will bring back the dive tank from Sims, or something similar. I loved that thing. Sims 1 had some of the coolest objects!

I loved the dive tank from The Sims. It would be great to have that back. Maybe it could be a way for sims to practice their Scuba Diving.

I am hoping we get the ceremonial tea set in this expansion pack. It was seen in the code here along with the vending machines.

I am wondering if souvenirs will be coming back as well. One of the things I liked in Sims 1 was playing games to get little prizes to take home. In Sims 2, I loved that there were treasure maps to hidden areas that you had to find.

Water slides are also something I'm excited for as well. I'm not sure if they will make them like water parks or if they'll just be simple pool slides, but I can't wait to hear more about them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 11:54 PM
It could be both.

They could probably give us a few, if they design them right, for variety. One entry animation, one exit animation, one fail entry (for slide burn ) and one fail exit. It'd basically be a rabbit hole, but still something we see Sims doing, since a lot water slides are covered up. Sadly, waterslides take up a lot of space maybe a 20x10 space alone.

If they introduce 100x100 lots, I'll die.

I can make the estate I've always wanted, with a mansion, a horse ranch, the grounds...

EA, come one... Castaway Stories did it.

Scholar
#121 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:00 AM
It could be both.

They could probably give us a few, if they design them right, for variety. One entry animation, one exit animation, one fail entry (for slide burn ) and one fail exit. It'd basically be a rabbit hole, but still something we see Sims doing, since a lot water slides are covered up. Sadly, waterslides take up a lot of space maybe a 20x10 space alone.

If they introduce 100x100 lots, I'll die.

I can make the estate I've always wanted, with a mansion, a horse ranch, the grounds...

EA, come one... Castaway Stories did it.

On Twitter the other day, someone asked SimGuruGraham whether or not they'd be able to create the Titanic with Island Paradise. His response was along the lines of only if you can fit it on a 64x64 lot. So, I don't see larger lot sizes coming.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#122 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:13 AM
With a response like that, now I'm wondering how they're going to make ships work. >_>

Scholar
#123 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:19 AM
With a response like that, now I'm wondering how they're going to make ships work. >_>

Exact tweets, in case I'm reading things into it...

SimGuruGraham
.@Sim_Cookie I can't get into details on houseboat sizes yet. I was just saying the Titanic wouldn't fit in a 64x64 (the largest lot size available anywhere in-game). RT @Sim_Cookie @SimGuruGraham Graham Does 64x64 is maximal size for our house boat ? Just for to be clear

SimGuruGraham
Not sure the Titanic would fit in a 64 x 64 lot RT @Sim_Cookie Will we be able to make a remake of Titanic with our boats ? lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#124 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:50 AM
Them secrets... EA, why?

Field Researcher
#125 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 3:12 PM

Maybe he was talking about the Titanic as a submerged wreck. If they have dive sites set up as a new lot type on the ocean floor, that solves your "flat polygon" problem right there. It also suggests that you can't dive just anywhere.

It could also be that they're doing boats as another type of lot that can slide over the surface of the ocean.
Page 5 of 114