Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 3:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error message related to apartment life #1352
Hi, I've been having this weird issue with this custom apartment I have. It's a random error message that always pops up when residents are coming back home at night, it seems. Sometimes it doesn't go away when I click reset. It usually takes a few tries, and each time the name of the .txt file changes. It should be noted that I have the ultimate collection, and the lot is an apartment on a beach lot. I have an image of the error message below and I included the text file referenced. I'm mainly wondering if there's some sort of mod to fix this as it's just an annoying message that doesn't really corrupt or damage anything, it's just ana annoyance. :/
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_NPAL_t20137.txt (123.5 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:02 AM
If you already use mods/CC, you can use this tool to see if there are any mod conflicts in your game that would cause this error:
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:18 AM
Highly suspect this is caused by a default replacement mailbox that was made before Apartment Life and thus has no Pay Rent functionality.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:47 AM
You should however be aware that apartment beach lots are notoriously buggy and I have not heard of anyone being able to fix sort through this and fix it yet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:13 AM
I just tested this again in a throw away hood using one of the apartments made by maxis with the release of AL (as in a non beach lot.) I also used the "What Caused This" tool and no package was suspected. I also don't have any mailbox replacement as mentioned. Is it possible

Edit: I do have a rent furnished apartment mod, but I don't know if this is an issue.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:19 AM
It's possible you accidentally installed a mailbox replacement that came with a house a long time ago.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
It's possible you accidentally installed a mailbox replacement that came with a house a long time ago.

That's a good point, but again I used the What Caused This tool and nothing was pointed out. So I'm really confused
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 6:05 AM
Yes, because the tree table that has the problem did not appear in the stack trace. What Caused This is not going to be useful here. You'll have to do a binary search.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 7:27 AM
Yes, because the tree table that has the problem did not appear in the stack trace. What Caused This is not going to be useful here. You'll have to do a binary search.

I'm not too certain as to what a binary search is... I just googled, but not so deeply. Anyway I appreciate the help from everyone. I may try reinstalling my game or something. I don't know yet.

Edit: Also is this considered corruption related?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 7:38 AM
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method

Reinstalling your game will not solve problems with CC. This has nothing to do with corruption, you've just installed a broken piece of CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:55 AM
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method

Reinstalling your game will not solve problems with CC. This has nothing to do with corruption, you've just installed a broken piece of CC.

'That's good to know, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You should however be aware that apartment beach lots are notoriously buggy and I have not heard of anyone being able to fix sort through this and fix it yet.

I think Mootilda already found a fix for this here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=302405

Edit: sorry for the double post.