Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:12 AM Last edited by peppermint23 : 24th Dec 2009 at 5:47 AM.
Custom Content Issues/Clean installer issues
Anything installed through a Sims2Pack shows up in my game, assuming the meshes are all there. So the only place I can go (or really know of) to get Sims2packs is the Sims 2 Official site. Most of the users not only upload the same things they didn't make themselves over and over and most clearly have no idea how to use meshes. Downloading this way exclusively is a pain since the only way I can get a new outfit is by downloading an entire Sim that I don't really want.

Anything I put in my Downloads folder? Nope. Nothing. Doesn't show up. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've re-installed the game several times. I've followed the instructions in the FAQ. I downloaded CEP and installed it. Nothing.

This is driving me crazy. So I felt like my only solution is to take package files and create Sims2Packs so I can install them.

So I just installed Sims2Pack CleanInstaller, picked a package file to test and followed the instructions exactly. When I clicked OK, this message popped up:

System.Null Reference Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Sims2Pack_Installer.WinFormMain.buttonsave_MouseUp...and it goes on and on.

WHAT IS GOING ON?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:05 AM
I guess no one knows.