Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 2:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dummy question - how to uninstall unwanted CC lots?
I've downloaded a couple CC lots and used Clean Installer to get them in the game, they installed into the Teleport folder. I didn't really like some of them. Is there a safe way to remove them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 5:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Apr 2021 at 2:42 AM.
If you haven't started your game yet, you can remove the lots from the Teleport folder and they won't be installed.

When you install lots with the Clean Installer and you only want the CC they come with, you can untick the lot and it won't be installed.

If you don't want the CC, it can be deleted from your Downloads folder. Some of the CC may be needed for a lot to work properly, but if you're not keeping the lot, you don't need to keep the CC. If you want to keep a lot but not the CC it comes with, the CC will usually be replaced with EAxis items.

I think the installed ones can be deleted from the LotCatalog folder (it will be one of the "cx_000000XX" files with the date/time you started your game after installing them). If you have several files with the same time stamp and don't want to delete all of them, you should be able to open them up in SimPE and check the name and images to figure out which lots they are.

A bit unsure if it's safe to delete them from ingame, but I think it is (I'm not sure about the EAxis lots, including the one in the "occupied" bin).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justukyte
I've downloaded a couple CC lots and used Clean Installer to get them in the game, they installed into the Teleport folder. I didn't really like some of them. Is there a safe way to remove them?

Lots are not CC, they are Maxis content. Someone can add and package CC with a lot, but that is just regular CC in your download folder.

Delete the lot from the lot bin.
If you don't want the CC included remove that from your download folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~