Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:56 PM
Default Bad shade on floor. dress
Hello! First of all, excuse my English. I use google translate.

I'm making a new dress in 3ds max. Convert and import mesh with S4CASTools.

In the interior of the house. Cast a horrible shadow. On the outside looks great.

Is there any way to edit or undo the shadow with S4CASTools or another program?

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:47 PM
That's very strange. It might possibly be the shadow image, sometimes you get weird shadows if it's been edited incorrectly. Could you upload your package so I can take a look?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:11 PM
I have not edited shadow image. So I discard that error.
Barely, it's my first test in game. Only has the lod 0 and the correct diffusse is the 4th
here it is! If you find this error I'll be waiting! thank you very much! :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nig6fk1q3..._8.package?dl=0

Then you do not know any way to edit the projected shadow on the floor?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 2:44 PM
No, clothing does not contain a floor shadow like objects do, so there's nothing to edit. I've never seen anything like that square shadow on clothing.

There's no shadow in my game, which makes it very hard to find out what the problem is. Possibly it's a lighting issue in your game. Are you playing in laptop mode? Do you have any lighting mods installed? The only other thing I can think of is that this is a high poly mesh and in some games that might be a problem.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 4:39 PM
Play in ultra quality. Portable mode off.
I do not use lighting mod, the mesh has 19k poly. its alot. I will try to reduce.

I noticed in another mesh, something similar happens. The shadow is also cut out in a square

Thank you so much for your time!

I will do different tests, if I find a solution, I will publish here in case someone is useful!

Thank you! ❤
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 6:41 PM
Help me
Quote: Originally posted by coloresurbanos
Play in ultra quality. Portable mode off.
I do not use lighting mod, the mesh has 19k poly. its alot. I will try to reduce.

I noticed in another mesh, something similar happens. The shadow is also cut out in a square

Thank you so much for your time!

I will do different tests, if I find a solution, I will publish here in case someone is useful!

Thank you! ❤

Hi @coloresurbanos, I'm a huge fan of your work and I know this tread is a couple of years ago, but It's happening to me now!
Even on old dresses that was working perfectly.
I also made a tread here.
If you can take a look and tell me how did you fix it, I'll be very grateful. :lovestruc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen.manha
Hi @coloresurbanos, I'm a huge fan of your work and I know this tread is a couple of years ago, but It's happening to me now!
Even on old dresses that was working perfectly.
I also made a tread here.
If you can take a look and tell me how did you fix it, I'll be very grateful. :lovestruc

hello Karen!
I remember having the problem and I remember not having done anything to fix it!
I don't know how, I don't know why, but the problem solved itself.
sorry I can't do anything to help you.

I think the shadow problem was due to some update with the game light, I suppose it will be fixed for you without you noticing!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coloresurbanos
hello Karen!
I remember having the problem and I remember not having done anything to fix it!
I don't know how, I don't know why, but the problem solved itself.
sorry I can't do anything to help you.

I think the shadow problem was due to some update with the game light, I suppose it will be fixed for you without you noticing!

I really hope so. Thank you very much ♥