Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 4:58 PM
Default First time meshing, need help
So I am trying to convert a jacket from sims 4, I followed this tutorial everything went smoothly except when I was at the last step to check if the mesh is working correctly, the mesh works fine except for the texture being messed up, I think something is wrong with the UV map, but everything looks ok to me, I did not touch or edit original sims 2 nude mesh UV map

And this is how it looks inside the Bodyshop

Also if I select some pants, the pants texture seems to bleed on the top

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful

here's the download for the mesh and texture if anyone needs it: link
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 1:48 PM
I downloaded and tested your files and it works perfectly fine for me, nice work. Perhaps you have an early version or two left in your Downloads or SavedSims folder that's interfering with the final version.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Feb 2020 at 6:45 PM.
Not sure how it worked as intended for Chris, since there really is a problem with the files.

From what I can see, you're lacking extra resources for the jacket (usually called a "noblend" group, but the name isn't so important). If you don't completely remap the mesh (which is a bit complicated), you need to have this second group in both the mesh and the recolor. The "top" group should be only for the skin, and the "noblend" group should be only for the jacket. Make sure you haven't skipped that step of the tutorial.

If you're unsure what I mean, have a look at pretty much any other 3t2/4t2 outfit, to see if you can spot the extra group in both the mesh and the recolor files. It's usually there to not interfere with the skin group (in your case, the "top" is linked to the skin, while a "noblend" group tends to not be linked to the skin).

You can also see the problem on the overlaid UVmaps - they share spaces, so they also share the texture, which means some of the hands will have texture from the jacket, and the back of the lacket is located on the arms instead of on the actual back of the sim. Most TS3/4 outfits are UV-mapped differently from the TS2 body, so the "noblend" group is a way to get around this without having to do any complicated UVmapping to fix it.

The texture of pants overlay tops, which is probably why choosing different pants create some weird effects. A "noblend" layer not linked to the skin will ensure the pants don't do this.

----

More simply said - make sure the mesh is split into skin parts (top) and jacket (noblend). Make a second set of resources for the recolor also called "noblend" (TXMT should be set as SimStandardMaterial instead of SimSkin). You'll want this explained in a tutorial, though (there's a lot more to it). This is more or less the standard method to make conversions, so it should be explained if you're using a decent conversion tutorial on it.