Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2020 at 7:37 AM
Default Decision
Ok. I've meshed for years using milkshake for sims 2 and recently got interested in learning to mesh sims 4 which seems quite a bit different. I got cas tools and that's because I have for years hesitated to learn blender. I know CasTools is a good program especially the fact that it can use milkshake however after a week of trying, I'm giving up because I keep messing up and other than posting here and asking simple questions and getting even more confused since there are no basic tutorials on it's use, I've come to a halt and can't go further. My question to those that use s4studio in conjunction to blender is, is it easier to learn to mesh? of course because there are tutorials but the blender interface looks complicated. What's your opinion on using s4studio & blender. Also I've got s4studio wishes so which blender version is compatible with that ? I like to learn to mesh sims 4 so i can share my creations somewhere. Many thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2020 at 7:53 PM
The blender interface looks really scary at first but for the purposes of creating TS4 content you don't actually need to use that much of it. At least not in my personal experience.
I use blender 2.76 and I believe 2.78 is also compatible although the process of transfering weights from a reference mesh to your custom mesh is slightly different between the two. The download page for Studio should tell you which versions of blender you can use.
I've picked up what I know about blender mostly from following tutorials on the Sims4Studio forums and watching the occassional specific youtube video.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The blender interface looks really scary at first but for the purposes of creating TS4 content you don't actually need to use that much of it. At least not in my personal experience.
I use blender 2.76 and I believe 2.78 is also compatible although the process of transfering weights from a reference mesh to your custom mesh is slightly different between the two. The download page for Studio should tell you which versions of blender you can use.
I've picked up what I know about blender mostly from following tutorials on the Sims4Studio forums and watching the occassional specific youtube video.
This is a good support, now I have gotten enough info to get started climbing the steep hill of learning sims 4 meshing. Thank you very much.