Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:44 AM
Default Bump Map Problem
I took a full body outfit and made a top out of it. Then I used this tutorial http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...1&topic=91741.0 to add bump maps to the top like the full body outfit had.

My top_alpha refuses to show up properly, with lines and humps on the sleeves of the outfit. As you can see from the attached pictures these are not present in the original and the bump maps I'm using are exactly the same. The other alpha and the body layer show up correctly. Other outfits I used the same tutorial on show up correctly.

If I remove the bump maps then the lines etc. go away. Can anyone help?

Also, why does creating stuff never just go smoothly lol?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 12:00 PM
Would it be possible for you to upload your files? I'm not sure I can be of any help but I could try :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:30 AM
Sure, thanks. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1833166/ I included the original outfit.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:14 AM
I'm sorry, I couldn't figure it out either :-(
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:04 PM
In all three TXMTs is a reference to a second bump-map amtoptanktop-all-bump which UV-coordinates don't fit the mesh. You seems also to have forget to sort the Properties tab in TXMT.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:02 PM
That was part of the tutorial, finding the original bumpmap from a top with a bump map and adding it to the one without the bump map, so that you could then export the file as a project in Bodyshop and have the bump map show up so you could change it. What do you mean it doesn't match the mesh?

I sorted the TXMT and that did nothing.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2020 at 3:27 PM.
The reference in the TXMT has to match the TXTR it's supposed to draw the texture from. The "stdMatNormalMapTextureName: amtoptanktop-all-bump" lines are probably interfering, and trying to override the ones you want the recolor file to use.

After you're done, you may want to delete cache files. They can interfere with CAS textures and meshes after editing them, and cause them to not show up properly in Bodyshop/CAS/ingame.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 4:14 PM
Ah I see now. Didn't notice that there was a second bump map texture. I deleted it and it's working fine now. Thanks!