Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:26 AM
Default Is there a "no drowning" mod?
My sims love to swim even when they're exhausted so they end up drowning and I'm sick of it. Where can I get a mod that can prevent this? I looked for "sims 3 no drowning mod" and got no relevant results.

I'm not looking for immortal sims, but just that they don't frickin drown.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:06 AM
I don't know of a mod for this but I generally try to keep free will not too high and and diving boards are definite sim magnets. For the diving board- if that is what is causing your issue though I believe you can use retuner from NRAAS to change it's attractiveness to your sims.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:01 AM
No I mean i just don't want them to keep drowning is all. That's the part I want to avoid.
Staff - Moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
No I mean i just don't want them to keep drowning is all. That's the part I want to avoid.

Well(if you do not mind using cheats)- you could enter testingcheatsenabled true then click on mailbox and set needs to static and make all happy. However, your sims will not experience normal motive decay and be up all day and night. Other than that- I am not aware of any mod but perhaps someone else may know.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:07 AM
Don't let them swim when they're exhausted, or get rid of their pool
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
Don't let them swim when they're exhausted, or get rid of their pool

It isn't as though I *let* them. I'm running a large house though. And I swear they've drowned even without being exhausted. Like they're fine and then suddenly their bar turns red.

So, what I'm hearing is that there are no mods that turn off specific forms of death? Is that right?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Tacitala : 12th Jul 2020 at 6:15 PM.
I haven't seen one, no.

I know with Master Controller you can remove the fatigued moodlet. Can you remove the drowning moodlet? It's not something I've tried and it's still having to do it manually.

Edit: I just tried it. Unfortunately all that does is reset the timer on the moodlet. So all that would do would be to give them some extra time to get out of the pool.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 11:57 PM
Well like, I had one that happened when the guy glitched into the ground, so even though he was out of the pool he still got set to "expire". And I swear that it's happened with sims that had plenty of energy as well.
Inventor
#9 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 12:05 AM
You have to register http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...d-june-16-2014/
this has a no autonomous swimming mod that I use.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:27 AM
No, guys, I don't want to stop them from swimming. Just from drowning. I mean, thank you and all, but that's not what I'm looking for.

And it happened AGAIN during the stream earlier too! Plenty of energy! I had to be quick on resetting him!
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 2:14 PM
I have a suggestion. I looked through the gameplay file at the swimminginpool xml.
<kSwimFatiguedDeathTimeInHours value="12">
<!--Range: Positive floats. Description: The time in Sim hours after the Sim receives the fatigued buff after which the Sim will die while swimming.-->

This is in there. You could extract the XML and make your own mod where you change the value of hours.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 10:37 PM
Wait but that seems to hinge on fatigue again and this happens at any energy level.

Also I have no idea how to make mods. That's why I'm asking if one already exists.
Inventor
#13 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 3:49 AM
Wait but that seems to hinge on fatigue again and this happens at any energy level.

Also I have no idea how to make mods. That's why I'm asking if one already exists.

I will take a shot at creating one this week. So I was reading up on this somethings to help. Make sure they have decent athletic skills and if they are hungry they will use more energy swimming which causes them to fatigue faster.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 6:00 AM
Everyone keeps bringing it back to fatigue but this happens regardless of what their fatigue level is. I got this last one on video so I can show it to you all.
https://youtu.be/fIJziZdMFv0 Here, it's around 1:07:20 and when I fish him out by resetting him, you can see that his energy is almost entirely full. He's not even remotely fatigued.
Staff - Moderator
#15 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:52 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 14th Jul 2020 at 12:14 PM.
Everyone keeps bringing it back to fatigue but this happens regardless of what their fatigue level is. I got this last one on video so I can show it to you all.
https://youtu.be/fIJziZdMFv0 Here, it's around 1:07:20 and when I fish him out by resetting him, you can see that his energy is almost entirely full. He's not even remotely fatigued.

Not sure what sort of mods you have in your game( you seem to have a large number of sims) but at 1:07:25-1:07:26 of your video it seems like the sim is experiencing a bladder decay notification. This is not the energy moodlet but drowning possibly a result of one of your mods.
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 2:17 PM
But this happened even before I added any large number of mods. This happens in smaller houses as well.
Inventor
#17 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 6:12 PM
But this happened even before I added any large number of mods. This happens in smaller houses as well.

The bladder decay can have an issue with drowning not just fatigue. It was stated from what I read that needs decay can lead to drowning (why they don't get out of the pool and take care of themselves sucks).
So if you have story progression installed I would recommend playing with some static needs in your household. You can set individual ones on each sim or set them individually for the whole house and see if you can find the culprit. Like if you set all of them so the bladder never decreases and they don't drown you might have your answer. So maybe what we need is a needs drain slowly while swimming mod. I will take a stab at it but I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to do it. I can create little xml changes mods but I think this one might be bigger than that. Unless someone has one already.

Also, Maybe we should move this to the Help Section where more seasoned fixers of things that can go wrong might be of help?
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 1:14 AM
But I'm just looking for a mod. That's all. I'm really not sure how it snowballed into this. I have a mod that prevents minor pets from dying until they're like a thousand days old so clearly modding it to prevent death is doable. The game itself even has that ability buy that can prevent you from drowning in the ocean, so just something expanded to "at any point".