Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16576 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 7:47 PM
Good luck, Marcy!

This week's offering (wow, these weeks are just flying by): Quills RLC Chapter 1.7: Play Some Games
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16577 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 12:12 AM Last edited by TheRealmOfRohan : 19th Mar 2020 at 3:50 AM.
Hi everyone! I know I basically dropped off the face of the earth a few months ago. Basically I was really busy and having gameplay problems, life concerns, etc., so I decided to take a break and step away from simming for a while, and once I stepped away, it was hard to get back. But, as you can see, I'm back now! I've gotten my game back up and running now, so I'm hoping to get the first chapter of Generation 4 up in the next few days. In the meantime, I'm going to do my best to catch up on everything I've missed.

EDIT: Here it is! Chapter 2 should hopefully be out tomorrow, I just have to put it all together.
Chapter 4.1 - Flower Child
Test Subject
#16578 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 2:28 PM
GOD I AM SO SORRY!

I know I have also dropped off the face of the earth, but I work in retail and the previous weeks have been utter hell! I want to get back into the Sims, but it's finding the strength to do so D:

I will return soon, I promise!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16579 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 5:16 PM
This has been a rotten week. Not just for me but in general. So, in case anyone needs an extra distraction, double updates:

Quills RLC 1.8: Whom She Loves

Lawful Chaotic 2.3: Don't be Awkward
Test Subject
#16580 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 10:02 PM
Here's a new chapter for my nif/rlc combo 1.2 Polulating the World

I'm having a lot of fun with this so, it was a good call to incorporate the random legacy part.
Lab Assistant
#16581 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 12:08 AM
I have another chapter out! Hoping it won't be too long before I'm done with the next one.

Chapter 4.2 - Focus
Scholar
#16582 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 8:43 PM
Hi. Now I have a computer that is able to run sims 3 and also now I am stuck in my house. I decided to start doing sims 3 challenges again. I will be starting a new random legacy and should have an update ready by saturday
Scholar
Original Poster
#16583 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 2:16 AM
Scholar
#16584 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:55 AM
Well I have started it, this is Chapter 1
Lab Assistant
#16585 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 5:41 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16586 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 3:56 PM
Lab Assistant
#16587 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:31 AM
I've been slower in getting out chapters than I expected, but to make up for it, I just published three! The link to the first one is below.

Chapter 4.4 - Anger

Chapters 4 and 6 are short, but chapter 5 is the longest of this generation so far, I think (still only about the same length as the average chapter last generation).
Scholar
#16588 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 11:00 AM
Field Researcher
#16589 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 5:39 AM
Good to see everyone! Life is crazy and I have been out living my best life and all, so I'm just catching up with stories uhm... now from the last year or so. If I read them they make me want to write, and I don't have much time for that. But I'll be putting an update up for the Sparrows this weekend hopefully.

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
Original Poster
#16590 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 6:38 AM
Yay, welcome back Sparrows. :D

I decided to update a bit early this week: Lawful Chaotic 2.6: Wrong About You
Field Researcher
#16591 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 11th Apr 2020 at 1:40 AM.
There can't be 137 updates already. I wonder if I'm miscounting? >_>;

Sparrows Legacy 137: A Time to Live

...I'm miscounting. It's update 1.37 xD

Scholar
#16592 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 10:43 AM
Field Researcher
#16593 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 1:10 PM
This may seem random but I'll add to the notes in the last update- where to find the chemical laboratory items I've used to Meghan's underground lab;
http://sims3s.ru/objects-bf-lab.php
That's equipment, desks, cabinets, test tubes, etc. The wall and floor tiles are from somewhere else. I haven't posted them before because it's a lot of items and they're super specific to a commercial lab or her exact job roll (home scientist).

Site also has other things- it's in German, may want to use chrome to translate. (Or just click around and download, like I did. xD)

Scholar
Original Poster
#16594 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:00 AM
Thanks Frog! Severinka has a lot of nice things. I'm just a sucker for big underground labs.

This week's even earlier updates:

Lawful Chaotic 2.7: Practice Sounding Kinder

Quills RLC 2.1: A Terrible Mixologist
Space Pony
#16595 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 8:37 PM
Hello everyone! I am super excited to say that very shortly, as in the next day or so, once my games have all installed on my computer that I will finally be able to play again! My husband and I built our computer, with some facetime help from a very good friend, and got it up and running last night. Sims 3 here I come!

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
#16596 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM
Field Researcher
#16597 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 20th Apr 2020 at 4:42 AM.
I think of this as a quick update because I can't put it all in one- hopefully the second part (Jyoti's) will be up beginning of the week.

1.38a Hormones Activate - Jet

Lab Assistant
#16598 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 11:45 PM
I haven't been particularly active over the last couple of weeks, but I've been thinking a lot about my legacy. While I still really want to keep working on it, it's become more work and less fun as my plot's gotten more and more complicated and I find myself focusing just on taking pictures instead of actually playing the game. When I first started this, it was really my only outlet for creative writing, but as I've worked on this and my confidence has grown as a writer, I've started working on other things. So I think I'm going to start a new legacy, one where the gameplay drives the story rather than the other way around, more like what most of you do where there is plot, but it isn't entirely all-consuming. It'll probably be a few days before I manage to get a chapter up, but I'm really excited about this in a way I haven't been about the Does in a while.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16599 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 1:22 AM
I think a lot of us who do the complex, heavily involved plot arcs in our legacies eventually get burned out or frustrated with them and return to more simplistic storytelling... sometimes just for a while, sometimes more permanently.

So you're not alone, and I hope you'll share the new legacy with us. :D
Field Researcher
#16600 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 21st Apr 2020 at 3:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
I think a lot of us who do the complex, heavily involved plot arcs in our legacies eventually get burned out or frustrated with them and return to more simplistic storytelling... sometimes just for a while, sometimes more permanently.

So you're not alone, and I hope you'll share the new legacy with us. :D

I can't agree enough with this!

Also I'd like to chime in and say that as a reader I really appreciate the simpler chapters as well, they help the mind breath and keep the story fresh and interesting. I know when pose player is out all bets are off on time, and so often I have story ideas in the pics already taken in game that I don't notice until I'm looking them over.

But there's something nice to be said for the 'passing of time' posts, they feel nostalgic and also like as the reader, I'm also playing the game, so I love those too. I will never forget the werewolf fixing the sink or Mab destroying a snowman that 'freaked her son out' in some of Becky's posts, and Colin Khalekilli yelling at the mayor with a megaphone in Sunlit Tides, which improved their relationship and embarrassed his son in the Khalekilli legacy.

Page 664 of 676