Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2020 at 4:15 AM
Default Combining All Age/Gender Recolors for Accessory into one Package file
I may have lost a few screws over the years, but for the life of me I cannot remember, or figure out how to combine all ages/genders recolors for my eye glasses accessory into one package (for each color but for all ages/sexes in one).

I've done it before but can't seem to remember how I did it.

I have all my meshes put together into one package for this, but that's easy-peasy.

But for this accessory, it would need all the correct 3IDR's, material definitions, mesh overlay. Now I think all of those except the 3IDR's can be extracted, then added/replaced into one package. Not sure that works for the 3IDR's?

I have the 3 male (adult, young, elder) in one recolor, the three female (adult, young, elder) in it's own recolor, the male teen, female teen the same, and then the unisex children.

So with having 6 colorways for each age...that would be so many package files; when I would much rather one package file for each color way, containing all the ages/genders.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2020 at 3:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th May 2020 at 4:28 PM.
Tutorial: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...rial-t1979.html

This gives you one mesh file (for all ages/genders combined), and one file for each color (for all ages/genders combined), and also how to add a custom thumbnail and a couple other things you may want to know. Includes info on adding toddler and baby accessories to the same package. Plus a bonus link with how to eliminate the "lens" and "rim" groups at the end, for any pesky blue-flashing accessories.

---

For mesh files, all you really need to do is to collect all the mesh files you already have, then open up a new package in SimPE, and drag the files into the Resource View. SimPE should open up all the resources as if it's one file. Then save with a new name. This mesh should work fine for recolors no matter how those are made.

I don't think this would work for recolors, though - at least not if you want them to work as a combined file in Bodyshop. This is due to the resources in the combined files not being linked with each other. Could probably work ingame if the accessories were familied together in the Mesh Overlay (I've tested familying with an unlinked baby accessory familied to toddler-and-up, and the baby did keep the accessory when growing up), but I'm not entirely sure how Bodyshop would react to recoloring the combined file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2020 at 10:15 PM
Sounds fantastic! Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Tutorial: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...rial-t1979.html

This gives you one mesh file (for all ages/genders combined), and one file for each color (for all ages/genders combined), and also how to add a custom thumbnail and a couple other things you may want to know. Includes info on adding toddler and baby accessories to the same package. Plus a bonus link with how to eliminate the "lens" and "rim" groups at the end, for any pesky blue-flashing accessories.

---

For mesh files, all you really need to do is to collect all the mesh files you already have, then open up a new package in SimPE, and drag the files into the Resource View. SimPE should open up all the resources as if it's one file. Then save with a new name. This mesh should work fine for recolors no matter how those are made.

I don't think this would work for recolors, though - at least not if you want them to work as a combined file in Bodyshop. This is due to the resources in the combined files not being linked with each other. Could probably work ingame if the accessories were familied together in the Mesh Overlay (I've tested familying with an unlinked baby accessory familied to toddler-and-up, and the baby did keep the accessory when growing up), but I'm not entirely sure how Bodyshop would react to recoloring the combined file.