Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 1:41 AM
Default Preteens mod?
Out of total boredom, I've decided to try out modding, and of course I started out with one of the hardest projects I could come up with, adding a new life stage. I honestly just want to know whether or not it's even possible. My plan is to make them the same height as kids, but give them a body preset to make them look more mature, along with new interactions for middle school and stuff. Just playing around with the files I have gotten kids, to age up into kids, though it happen every time, and i have no idea why. I feel like it is possible, though really hard, but I'd like to get some other opinions, am I wasting my time?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 7:23 AM
It isn't possible to add a new life stage.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 11:29 PM
After continuing to mess with the files, I still think it would be possible, though not for me. My new thought is instead of adding a new life stage simply make it so that kids go through puberty and go to middle school after they hit a certain age. Essentially dividing up the child life stage in half, without actually dividing it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snarkysimmer
Out of total boredom, I've decided to try out modding, and of course I started out with one of the hardest projects I could come up with, adding a new life stage. I honestly just want to know whether or not it's even possible. My plan is to make them the same height as kids, but give them a body preset to make them look more mature, along with new interactions for middle school and stuff. Just playing around with the files I have gotten kids, to age up into kids, though it happen every time, and i have no idea why. I feel like it is possible, though really hard, but I'd like to get some other opinions, am I wasting my time?
sounds so awesome the sims 4 team should hire modders since they don't do anything right xD