Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 5:04 PM Last edited by BlademasterX2 : 8th Oct 2021 at 8:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
SOLVED: One of my save file takes almost 2 hours to load, it's unusual long.
One of my save file takes almost 2 hours to loading while the filesize is only around 26-35MB. I always clean up with Kuree's save cleaner or the new Regul's one, clear caches (except CASpart and userpresets) everytime I open the game. I even open S3PE to remove SNAPs and photos, still takes a long time to load and it seems longer everytime I played. The other save files like a Cyberpunk city takes less than 30 minutes to load, same as Riverview save (around 30 mins) or even Sunset Valley save, which it takes only 1 or 2 minutes to load! (maybe it was a new save tho) I tried to play with new saves/worlds and it took only 4-7 mins to load (Bridgeport was a bit longer, but obviously, it should not takes too long like 2 hours!). It's really unusual long, seems like my save was corrupted I'm afraid of that.

The game loading screen (first loading screen) is fast, just around 1 minute to load. This save file, ugh 2 hours... I tried to move all of my CCs/mods and put it back time to time but still no luck. I tried reset everything in game, remove some script mods, remove some objects like lighting/fog emitter from buydebug mode, clear story log from NRASS Story Progression mod, remove selfies photos, etc. Nope, no luck.

The game run fine after long loading tho, no lagging or weird things happen. The only thing that I found it's strange, is when Overwatch tries to remove vehicles at 3AM, sometimes it removes around 1,000+, which is oddly a bit too much, and most Sims in my town owned a car or a bike.

I have around 11,000 objects in the world (using Hammond Island by TVRdesigns). Around 50 Sim weeks has been played, 500+ CCs and mods installed. Total 130 Sims in my town, including all NPCs.

Lots, however, I added more lots via edit town (could say more than 15 lots), same as neighborhood decorations, I added some trees, grasses and bushes to make my town more lively and look tropical.

And here's my spec from DeviceConfig.log:

Thank you.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
are you running NRAAS Errortrap?

Yes, I've both ErrorTrap and Overwatch.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 3:40 AM
I removed it (I also deleted caches files except world caches), started the game, loaded this save again and it still takes a long time to load , then save the game again.

It was the first time I've removed this file tho. I'll make sure if there's something changed once I'm at home and load this save again, (It's morning here and I've to work) ​
Then I'll edit this post if it works or not. Thanks Nitromon!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:07 AM
I came here to thank you again Nitromon! The loading time was cut down from almost 2 hours to 3-4 minutes like it should! (or even less than 3 minutes, I didn't try another saves yet)

I don't even thought that that file was the culprit, but it actually is. To make sure everything's fine I also reset everything before I save.

ET also found and flushed something in my game:

-- Correction Logs --

Corrupt Inventory Object Deleted: Omni plant [Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Misc.AttractionGift]
Corrupt Inventory Object Deleted: Omni plant [Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Misc.AttractionGift]

Thank you again!