Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
Default Need Help/Guidance Creating Traits That React to Each Other
I am trying to create a few traits for my Death Eaters, Ministry Officials, Muggles, Mud-Bloods, and Squibs. I want my Muggles to feel uncomfortable when near any sim that has the other traits AND the house traits created by BrittPinkieSims. I need my Death Eaters to feel confident when around each other and Slytherins and Squeamish when around Muggles and Mud-Bloods. II have asked her for help, but have not gotten any response back. I have tried using the Zerbu Mod Constructor an the Zerbu Buff & Trait Factory, but still can't figure it out. I can't get any models to help me thus far. ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
I am trying to create a few traits for my Death Eaters, Ministry Officials, Muggles, Mud-Bloods, and Squibs. I want my Muggles to feel uncomfortable when near any sim that has the other traits AND the house traits created by BrittPinkieSims. I need my Death Eaters to feel confident when around each other and Slytherins and Squeamish when around Muggles and Mud-Bloods. II have asked her for help, but have not gotten any response back. I have tried using the Zerbu Mod Constructor an the Zerbu Buff & Trait Factory, but still can't figure it out. I can't get any models to help me thus far. ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.

I can help you do this with Mod Constructor v2 .

I assume you're making personality traits. So the first step is to make the trait.
Click '+ Add Resource' at the top.
Choose 'Buff/Trait', '!!Create Trait'.

Maybe stop there, export your package, put the mod into your game and test you can select the new personality trait in game. If that's working, continue.

To have a moodlet that appears when near another sim, your trait needs a proximity buff.
On your new trait, click on the 'trait' tab, and underneath click the 'components' tab.
You should see a box for proximity buffs. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one. Give it a name, leave the other options alone for now, and click create.

Your proximity buff will need a test condition, so it only appears when near a sim with the right traits.
On your new buff, click the 'buff' tab, and underneath click the 'proximity' tab.
You should see a box for proximity test conditions. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one.

A test condition is made up of test components. The test condition will pass if ALL of the test components added to it pass. It sounds like you want to create a test component that checks the traits of the other nearby sim.
On your new test condition, you should see a box for test components. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one.
Choose '!Test - Trait'

On your new test component, you want to specify the traits to test for, how many of them will be needed for the test component to pass, and which sim you're going to test them on.

To pick which sim your test component is going to test:
On your new test component, you should see a drop-down box for participant. To have it test the sim who would receive the proximity buff, set it to 'Actor'. To have it test the other nearby sim, set it to 'TargetSim'.

To specify a trait that you have made in the same Mod Constructor project:
Create the other trait first if you need to, using '+ Add Resource' at the top.
On your new test component, you should see a box for required traits. To pick an existing resource, click the magnifying glass to the right of it.
Find and choose your other trait.

To test for a trait made by someone else as part of another mod, you are going to need to find the trait's ID number. For that, you'll need s4pe.
With s4pe, open the package of the other mod. Look through the files in the package for the trait you want to test for. The part near the top of the file that says "s=" with a very long number, is the ID number.
On your test component, copy and paste that ID number into the box for required traits. Typing in the ID number is how you refer to resources that aren't part of your own Mod Constructor project.

That should be all you need to get a mod with a personality trait and a proximity buff working in game. I hope that helps!
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky

I assume you're making personality traits. So the first step is to make the trait.

Maybe stop there, export your package, put the mod into your game and test you can select the new personality trait in game. If that's working, continue.

To have a moodlet that appears when near another sim, your trait needs a proximity buff.
On your new trait, click on the 'trait' tab, and underneath click the 'components' tab.
You should see a box for proximity buffs. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one. Give it a name, leave the other options alone for now, and click create.

Your proximity buff will need a test condition, so it only appears when near a sim with the right traits.
On your new buff, click the 'buff' tab, and underneath click the 'proximity' tab.
You should see a box for proximity test conditions. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one.

A test condition is made up of test components. The test condition will pass if ALL of the test components added to it pass. It sounds like you want to create a test component that checks the traits of the other nearby sim.
On your new test condition, you should see a box for test components. Click the '+' to the right of it to create a new one.
Choose '!Test - Trait'

On your new test component, you want to specify the traits to test for, how many of them will be needed for the test component to pass, and which sim you're going to test them on.

On your new test component, you should see a drop-down box for participant. To have it test the sim who would receive the proximity buff, set it to 'Actor'. To have it test the other nearby sim, set it to 'TargetSim'.

On your new test component, you should see a box for required traits. To pick an existing resource, click the magnifying glass to the right of it.

To test for a trait made by someone else as part of another mod, you are going to need to find the trait's ID number. For that, you'll need s4pe.
With s4pe, open the package of the other mod. Look through the files in the package for the trait you want to test for. The part near the top of the file that says "s=" with a very long number, is the ID number.
On your test component, copy and paste that ID number into the box for required traits. Typing in the ID number is how you refer to resources that aren't part of your own Mod Constructor project.

That should be all you need to get a mod with a personality trait and a proximity buff working in game. I hope that helps!

Thank you for this info. I stumbled upon this post and think it will be helpful had a trait in mind that was requested a long time ago. Thank you again

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:53 PM

Choose '!Test - Trait'

Thank you SO much for replying to me! For some reason, there was no notification for me alerting me. I really appreciate the assist. I followed your instructions fine right up until the the Test Conditions part. In the mod Contractor I have there is no dropdown box nor any mention of Target nor Actor.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:35 AM
Thank you SO much for replying to me! For some reason, there was no notification for me alerting me. I really appreciate the assist. I followed your instructions fine right up until the the Test Conditions part. In the mod Contractor I have there is no dropdown box nor any mention of Target nor Actor.

Are you looking on a test condition or a test component? They are different resources in Mod Constructor. On the test condition, you need to add a test component, of type 'trait', then you need to switch over to that new test component to set the participant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 8:00 PM
Default I think I may have figured it out...MAYBE. LOL

I'll update soon to share the differences that I have in mine.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:59 PM

I had an idea for what the problem might be: There's an 'experience level' feature of Mod Constructor that hides advanced options to try to not overwhelm beginners. Try clicking on 'settings' at the top, and changing the 'experience level' dropdown to something higher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 3:56 AM
Default I think my version is a bit different....
I had an idea for what the problem might be: There's an 'experience level' feature of Mod Constructor that hides advanced options to try to not overwhelm beginners. Try clicking on 'settings' at the top, and changing the 'experience level' dropdown to something higher.

I was not given the chance to create the Proximity Trait at the moment in the instructions. For me I had to:

Select Component > + next to create the Proximity Buffs box > Name the new Proximity Buff > Click 'Create Resource' > Name the buff > Create Resource > Click on on the new buff > Create new proximity test condition > Create a test component > Assign required trait.

I cannot thank you enough, TURELY! I have just about completed my traits mod and so far it is all interacting like a dream with BrittPinkieSims' HP Mod pack.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 8:51 AM
I'm using V4 of Mod Constructor and I'm attempting to make a trait that makes a sim tense when interacting with a sim with a certain trait, like how Good trait sims get sad when interacting with Evil trait sims, but Idk how to do that!