Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 3:49 PM
Removing pie menu interactions with objects
Hello,

Looking for assistance in removing pie menu interactions with maxis objects in Sims 4. Specifically I am looking to remove the ability to roast hot dogs, marshmallows, and veggie dogs from the "Rocks of Fire" fire pit. I would like the only option for cooking to be to roast fish which have been caught. Is there an easy way to go about this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 5:44 PM
It's not actually removing pie menu interactions, just interactions in general. What you want to do is open any future objects in S4S (use the S4S cheat object-previews so you don't have to save a bunch of packages, you open the cheat console just like S4) and then go to the Object Definition in the Warehouse tab. Look for Tuning and Tuning ID in the Object Definition and it will list the name of the tuning the object uses. Copy the number (Tuning ID) or the name (Tuning), either works. I did this part for you, the tuning name is object_Campfire and TuningID 101936. Now start an empty package from under Tools > Create Empty Package. Name and save it. Now go back to Tools > Extract Tuning and paste the number or name you copied into the search bar. Your file should show up, select and click "Add to current package". Now go to the very bottom of the file where the _super_affordances is and just remove these, then save:
<T>105231<!--SuperInteraction: campfire_RoastMarshmallows--></T>
<T>105706<!--CraftingPhaseCreateObjectInInventorySuperInteraction: campfire_CreateTool_HotDog--></T>
<T>105708<!--CraftingPhaseCreateObjectInInventorySuperInteraction: campfire_CreateTool_Beetle--></T>
<T>105707<!--CraftingPhaseCreateObjectInInventorySuperInteraction: campfire_CreateTool_VeggieDog--></T>

If any other campfire is using the same object tuning then you don't need to override any other files.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon