Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 11:52 PM
Default Playables not showing up on lots
I’ve noticed my towns have been looking empty — only a few townies and then realized that the welcome wagons and playable walk bys don’t come either.

I’m sure there’s some mod causing this but I’m not sure what would cause it. I have visitor controller, and it specifically allows playables.

I have a ton of mods and I think 50/50 would be a nightmare since I’d have to do so many abd then wait for a long time to see if playables showed up. So if anyone else has had the problem I’d love to know if you figured out what was the culprit.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 12:57 AM
I've never had this problem at all, and the only cause I can think of is some sort of mod, or if you've disabled certain templates, notably the N001 template.

Firstly, you could try generating a new 'The Sims 2' folder. I imagine you may know, but for people that don't know; go into Documents/EA GAMES and you should see a folder called 'The Sims 2.' Rename it, I just simply add an extra letter with an underscore. Load the game, and it will take longer as it's making new files.

If your game is fixed in this 'new file,' then yes, the culprit would be a mod and you'll have to do a 50/50 in a test hood. If it's still there, underlining issues could be the cause, such as something amiss in the installation files.

I hope this helps you, if not I hope someone more knowledgeable does.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 1:05 AM
Hmmmm I didn’t disable the N001 template, but I did put a new on in to stop Pleasantview townies from showing up. I bet I did something wrong when I put the new N001 in.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:12 AM
It is far more likely to be a mod than some other piece of CC, so I'd do a 50/50 just on the mods before attempting one on all your CC. Also, if this problem has only appeared recently, it's probably been caused by some recently added mod. So try removing those before doing a 50/50 on you mods. More than once I've fixed a problem by removing the most recently added mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:50 AM
It's possible that playables who've been given Simlogical prisoner tags that were never removed later could stop them from showing up on community lots if they still had that tag in their inventory as others have done that and I plan to and will make sure to remove the tags from everybody as spring arrives and only take them away from my active household in the winter.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:59 PM
If anyone cares to know, it was a bad neighborhood file. I fixed it by putting the original one back in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 10:56 PM
This belongs in help. Glad you got it fixed though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~