Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#11601 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 3:27 PM
Something that made sim's stop constantly attempting to interact with a busy sim. Sometimes I have my sim busy doing something like playing on their computer but another sim will just keep standing there non-stop attempting to interact with this sim unless I move the sim to a different room or tell them to do something else. Now I don't mean that if you queue an interaction with a busy sim it would just cancel automatically, it would remain in the queue, but sims won't autonomously cross a room to try to interact with a very busy sim.

I'd also like to see something that would allow you to cancel computer interactions when a sim is sitting down infront of his computer. Sometimes my sim keeps trying to play SSX but I can't cancel it, I have to wait for them to grab the CD... place it on the computer... wait for the game... and it slows them down, especially if they need another need taken care of. Something that would allow them to continue playing while their fun need is already full would be good aswell. My sim has her fun need full but autonomously keeps trying to play SSX. She keeps placing the CD and waiting for the intro then stops to play the game, waits a couple of seconds and does it all over again unless I tell her to go do something else.

And also something that's not very important but a hack that made certain sims that get love letters from the mail behave as if they were just bills if it isn't directed to them. What I mean is: if you go on a date, you get a love letter from your date depending on the score. Any sim can just go and get it from the mail but they will act lovely even if it wasn't sent for this sim, but to another one. It's a bit weird for me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11602 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 4:13 PM
An interesting mod that I recently thought of would be a skill decay mod where skills would slowly decrease over time unless the Sim took some action to improve or maintain their skills. I'm thinking the 7 primary skills (e.g. cooking, mechanical, charisma, etc) but it could also pertain to the hidden skills (e.g. painting, writing, dancing, etc).

Think of it as their knowledge of the skill becoming outdated due to advances in the field or them becoming rusty at the skill because they haven't uses it. Maybe not decay all the way to zero skill points since once learned, they should always retain some "old" knowledge so maybe if they didn't make an effort to keep their expertise up-to-date it would very slowly drop it back to 1.

Kind of like "I used to be an expert at this but I haven't done it in years so I'm not as good as I used to be."

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
#11603 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:07 PM
Some kind of hack which didn't make your sim want to friend every single sim they get to meet. I don't mind it for popularity sims but for very shy sims it doesn't makes sense, like, aren't they supposed to be more introverted than most sims?

And something that could tell most people on community lots to "screw off and go away", especially during dates. Like, dude I'm trying to hook up with this sim, leave me alone! I shoo them away everytime they approach and try to get my sim or is interacting with my sim's date and interrupting but they never give up! They always come back all the time!

edit: it would be cool to have a mod which unlocked the "noogie" interaction and even cooler if it was enabled for adults too!
Mad Poster
#11604 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
Some kind of hack which didn't make your sim want to friend every single sim they get to meet. I don't mind it for popularity sims but for very shy sims it doesn't makes sense, like, aren't they supposed to be more introverted than most sims?

And something that could tell most people on community lots to "screw off and go away", especially during dates. Like, dude I'm trying to hook up with this sim, leave me alone! I shoo them away everytime they approach and try to get my sim or is interacting with my sim's date and interrupting but they never give up! They always come back all the time!

edit: it would be cool to have a mod which unlocked the "noogie" interaction and even cooler if it was enabled for adults too!

===
Me too. At least a mod connected to a date, that made everyone leave the couple alone!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#11605 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 6:19 PM
I'd like to have a bigger "change appearance" window.
I barely see how make-up will look like especially on dark-skinned sims.
Field Researcher
#11606 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 11:17 PM
Following up on that, I'd really like the CAS images of each outfit to be bigger than they are. I play in 2560x1440 resolution, and I can definitely not tell any of the tiny EP/SP icons in the corner apart from each other. Sometimes I can figure them out from knowing the release order, but that's about it.
Field Researcher
#11607 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:19 AM
Along these lines, it would be great if you could zoom in on stuff while buying stuff, or changing appearance for things not on the Sim's face

It's so difficult to figure out which jewelry you're picking, and this may be the primary reason I haven't tried nail polish.
Scholar
#11608 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'd like to have a bigger "change appearance" window.
I barely see how make-up will look like especially on dark-skinned sims.

ChangeAppearance1058.zip 167.3 kB
I couldn't get the window bigger than that or it will cut off at the bottom
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11609 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:38 AM
It'd be nice if we had a CAS full edit mode like they did in sims 4 where if you change appearences, you go straight to CAS and out again after you're done.
Theorist
#11610 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
ChangeAppearance1058.zip 167.3 kB
I couldn't get the window bigger than that or it will cut off at the bottom

@Chris Hatch
Thank you so much. I'll give a try when I'll have the chance to open my game.
Lab Assistant
#11611 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if something similar to the hacked wedding arch (aka marriage happens without regards to the relationship of two Sims) exists but for engagements? I would like to have my royals and nobles to be engaged first but I don't necessary want them in love since these marriages are marriages of convenience and not love.
Theorist
#11612 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 12:22 PM
Suzanna Paquin as test subject for Chris Hatch's bigger change appearance mod.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11613 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 6:01 PM Last edited by khagen : 22nd Oct 2020 at 6:26 PM.
It wouldn't surprise me if these things were beyond even the best modders, but a few things I would like to see are:

1) A lot more skills, like you see in TS4, so sims that have high Creativity aren't magically able to play every instrument and paint beautiful pictures when they've never picked up a paintbrush before.
2) I liked the school projects and university final projects from TS4 and wish that were a thing for TS2.
3) The ability to choose whether your sims work hard or slack off at work or school like you can in the later games.
4) The ability to delete more than one CC item at a time from CAS or the build/buy catalogs.
5) Story progression (if only...)
6) A mod so adults could attend university and one that would allow sims to earn multiple degrees or advanced degrees
7) A mod that would reject teens from university if they had poor grades and/or not enough skills

I love TS2 the most, but there are just a few things about the later games that I wish we could incorporate into TS2.
Alchemist
#11614 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khagen

7) A mod that would reject teens from university if they had poor grades and/or not enough skills

Isn't this already how it works (for grades, not skills)?
Field Researcher
#11615 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 7:19 PM
Lately I've been building a city from scratch, and although the lots look nice in live/build mode the lot impostors really are an eyesore... I know where this is coming from because rendering all the lots would be too much strain on computers, but I wish there was a mod to generate the textures of lot impostors at a higher resolution. Especially now that there is so many cool defaults and CC for more beautiful neighborhoods

6) A mod so adults could attend university and one that would allow sims to earn multiple degrees or advanced degrees

I would like that too, that would make career paths more interesting
Field Researcher
#11616 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 8:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Isn't this already how it works (for grades, not skills)?

I believe that there are mods, like inteen, that reject students with a D- or and F.
It would be nice if they had to get an A or B.

Or if there were different degrees they would qualify for - like a 2-year diploma vs a 4-year diploma.
Mad Poster
#11617 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
Does anyone know if something similar to the hacked wedding arch (aka marriage happens without regards to the relationship of two Sims) exists but for engagements? I would like to have my royals and nobles to be engaged first but I don't necessary want them in love since these marriages are marriages of convenience and not love.

You can use the simblender with both sims on the lot to set relationship to engaged.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#11618 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 5:31 PM
(IRL) For the past months I've been taken my dog out and we go walkin around the block.

A playable sim can take their dog for a walk. So I thought it'd be cool that if a sim has a dog, and they happen to be one of the passerby's, that they should have be able to have their dog with them on their walk.

Maybe even let townies walk the strays....

yeah.. wishful dreams
Mad Poster
#11619 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
(IRL) For the past months I've been taken my dog out and we go walkin around the block.

A playable sim can take their dog for a walk. So I thought it'd be cool that if a sim has a dog, and they happen to be one of the passerby's, that they should have be able to have their dog with them on their walk.

Maybe even let townies walk the strays....

yeah.. wishful dreams

CaliBrat, my sims do walkbys with pets. The weird one is when they're walking their cat off-leash and the cat is actually, you know, walking with them like a dog. We take our cat out in our fenced yard on a leash, and she walks us, not us walk her!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#11620 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 7:23 PM
I would love a mod that reduced the LTW's "Marry 6 children" and "Have 6 grandchildren" only. All the mods I've found also reduce the other wants dramatically and I find it makes it way too easy to fulfill them.
Mad Poster
#11621 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 8:34 PM
As seen on Chris Hatch screenshot Maxis doesn't have included pregnancy outfit category for choosing hairstyle per outfit category. It ends up falling back to unwanted maxis hair if sim gets pregnant and there is no way to change hairstyle for pregnant sim. I'd like to have access to change hairstyle for pregnant sim in Change Appearance.
Scholar
#11622 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I would love a mod that reduced the LTW's "Marry 6 children" and "Have 6 grandchildren" only. All the mods I've found also reduce the other wants dramatically and I find it makes it way too easy to fulfill them.

I had a similar issue not long ago.
I downloaded a mod that modified the LTW requirements and changed the tuning to my taste.
If you have a basic knowledge of SimPE it's not too complicated, but it takes a while.
Field Researcher
#11623 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 6:30 PM
You know what I'd love? For simmies to automatically twirl into the mechanic suit before they start work on the restorable car (and out of it again as soon as they're finished!). It's painful watching them at it in a skimpy summer dress!
Instructor
#11624 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 6:36 PM
I doubt this would even be possible but something I thought would be handy:

When in CAS or a mirror if there was a dropdown menu in hair/clothes/whatever else that like say you were looking for a specific CC hair you had and you knew it was a Newsea hair but you couldn't find it because you had too many pages of hairs so you'd select Newsea and it'd put any Newsea hairs at the front page.

I don't even know how this would work as not all CC creators/retexturers would think to label properly whether it was Newsea, Peggy, Stealthic, whoever. Or how the game would know that.

But I was just thinking the other day how nice it'd be if all my CC hairs were in order of creator and not whatever jumbled up order they are in currently.
Mad Poster
#11625 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
But I was just thinking the other day how nice it'd be if all my CC hairs were in order of creator and not whatever jumbled up order they are in currently.

It's possible to rearrange hairs by editing the sortindex in the Binary Index (BINX). I do it to make sure all the recolours of a hair are grouped together, so you could do that to group together hairs by creator.

However.

It's really smegging tedious. Hair files have multiple BINX entries and multiple recolours, so that's a lot of lines of code to edit. It's slightly quicker if you merge them all into one file, simply because then you don't have to keep opening new files, and I also use a Macro recorder to actually do the tedious button clicking, but it's still slow going. A program that could just change them automatically all would be perfect.
Page 465 of 582