Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#326 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 8:02 AM
"First there is amountain, then there is no mountain, then there is" - Donavin.
I fired up Bodyshop and didn't see the writing on the wall - well shirt any way. Then I hit F3 and moved the camera angle to the side (the light isn't as bright on the side) and low and behold there is the writing. When I turn the camera full front (the brightest light) it disappeared. Now where's the switch on that Hollagen flood lamp in Bodyshop?

So where DO you put the postage stamp on these E-'MAIL' thingies
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:29 PM
Just a little note for those with recent ATI cards;
I just got my hands on a cheap x1950 pro, and I found that with the base game the ONLY way to enable bump maps was to install Ati tray tools from "www.guru3d.com/article/content/189/" and use it to override the shader model and set it to 2.0.

With this, it worked, and absolutely no cheats changes to the game files was needed.

However, I've just installed a couple of ep's (including freetime), and now it works out of the box, without the ati tray tools override.

It probably works with earlier ep's too, I have no idea exactly when it was "fixed".

Thanks to HystericalParoxysm and previous posters in this thread.
Field Researcher
#328 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:15 PM
Well, I tried this tester, too. But, unfortunately, it didn't work. Then I tried to put the cheats in the userstartup file and voila! my game is bump mapped. Thanks to everyone who posted!

PS. I'm using Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family. (I bet my game's quality is getting really slow and fuzzy) :S
Test Subject
#329 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:29 PM
Hi! Thanks semloh. The bump maps worked despite of not changing the Graphics Rules.sgr file! I think this graphics card is great! :-)
Test Subject
#330 Old 20th May 2008 at 2:04 AM
Default Can't
Can't Download the tester thingy D: . . . .

Any advice? D:
Test Subject
#331 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:14 AM
Default nothing
There is nothing in my TSdata folder
Test Subject
#332 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 11:11 PM
Default thanks!
Worked great for me thanks for posting this up! :D
Test Subject
#333 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selrebnor
"First there is amountain, then there is no mountain, then there is" - Donavin.
I fired up Bodyshop and didn't see the writing on the wall - well shirt any way. Then I hit F3 and moved the camera angle to the side (the light isn't as bright on the side) and low and behold there is the writing. When I turn the camera full front (the brightest light) it disappeared. Now where's the switch on that Hollagen flood lamp in Bodyshop?

I have the same problem with the bright lighting in Bodyshop. Can anyone tell us why this is?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#334 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Linda58
I have the same problem with the bright lighting in Bodyshop. Can anyone tell us why this is?

Do you have a Body Shop lighting hack installed?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#335 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:20 AM
It could be to do with which graphics card drivers you are using, as well as your graphics settings and monitor settings. Try changing your brightness/ contrast.
Alchemist
#336 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Do you have a Body Shop lighting hack installed?

It looks almost certain they do, as BodyShop was never that bright. My original hack had three brightness levels, use a lower one.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#337 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:55 PM
I can't seem to be able to download the test file :/
Test Subject
#338 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:22 AM
Does not work on Radeon 9200 :'[
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:21 AM
lol look slike am dead slow on the uptake!

I tried editing the graphices file (instructions r great for a noob :D) but when i clicked save it just wont let me at all, any ideas?
Test Subject
#340 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
I tried it a few moments ago and...

nothing happened <.< there wasn't any error but there was no message on the shirt either. Oh well, tough luck for me, hope you guys have more lucky results XP
Lab Assistant
#341 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:40 PM
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Nothing appeared, not the bump map and neither the error message o.o Maybe you have to change the settings in the EP config files, as someone said here?
Test Subject
#342 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 2:40 AM
I put the underwear on and its says Bump Mapping Is Enabled on the front and back. This must mean that they are working thanks.
Test Subject
#343 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 5:38 AM
I don't know if anybody still follows this thread but here I go.
I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 laptop graphics card with 1408Mb of Hyper Memory (aka system memory stealing. System has 4Gb).
Bumpmaps work in Bodyshop (as depicted on outfit provided in post #1) but are omionously absent in-game. Any suggestions?
Field Researcher
#344 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:32 PM
Thank ya!
Lab Assistant
#345 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:56 PM
whoops... deleted one in config folder... seems to work fine with just one... either that or sims LS only has one... if that then uh-oh... i added one
Lab Assistant
#346 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:59 PM
i edited globalprops in (path for you not me)EA/sims 2/tsdata/res/config :3
Test Subject
#347 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 5:56 PM
I hate to necro this thread, but I'm unable to save the edited Graphics Rules.sgr. When I hit save it tells me access is denied. Is there anyway around this? I'm thinking it may be an issue with Windows 7.
Site Helper
#348 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:26 PM
Turn off UAC (user access control).
Test Subject
#349 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM
I can really see it, wow.
card: AMD Radeon HD 6250
(win7x64, 4gb ram)
btw I'm playing the Sims on my laptop, and everyone said that this card was horrible on a laptop, but it plays smooth
Bunned
#350 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:29 AM
This is awesome! I was worried that I might not have bump map enabled because I run TS2 on my laptop, and I really didn't know how to check. Thanks so much!

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Page 14 of 15